PDA

View Full Version : Eating Healthy w/o Kitchen Supplies/Travel

Queenofthering
08-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm in sort of a small dilemma. I just moved in to a new apartment and my parents are coming out this coming weekend and are bringing all my kitchen supplies. The only thing I currently have in my entire kitchen is water, a strainer, a coffee mug and two mixing bowls. I'm trying to follow Jaime Eason's LiveFit diet which involves a lot of food prep over things I don't have. For example, I need to make egg whites but don't have my frying pan. It would be silly for me to go out and buy duplicate kitchen supplies.

What are some ways I can still attempt to stay on track without having access to food prep? I'm basically limited to take out right now or microwave foods but I am not sure what microwave foods I can get that would still follow my diet. Tomorrow I may try to go to a local diner for breakfast and have them make me an egg white omlet, or I could get take out and get a fish meal for lunch or dinner (Im a pescatarian).

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions that would help me stay on track this next week?

softpounder
08-04-2013, 05:13 PM
If you take some time reading most of our threads, you'll see that most of us advocate flexible dieting.

You don't necessarily have to follow a strict diet plan in order to gain muscle or lose fat, a simple way of eating in moderation, weighing yourself and looking in the mirror every week/bi-weekly could be done to track your results.

You know that you don't necessarily need fish or egg whites in order to lose fat, and no need to do anything special or eat anything special in order to lose fat.

And since you cannot prepare your own food, I cannot advise you to track your calories/macronutrients since you won't be able to do so in an accurate fashion. So really use self-control and eat food in moderation.

inb4 tdee
inb4 fit ur macros

^

Those aren't viable for OP at this moment guys, please none of that.

MrBillson
08-04-2013, 05:19 PM
If you take some time reading most of our threads, you'll see that most of us advocate flexible dieting.

You don't necessarily have to follow a strict diet plan in order to gain muscle or lose fat, a simple way of eating in moderation, weighing yourself and looking in the mirror every week/bi-weekly could be done to track your results.

You know that you don't necessarily need fish or egg whites in order to lose fat, and no need to do anything special or eat anything special in order to lose fat.

And since you cannot prepare your own food, I cannot advise you to track your calories/macronutrients since you won't be able to do so in an accurate fashion. So really use self-control and eat food in moderation.

inb4 tdee
inb4 fit ur macros

^

Those aren't viable for OP at this moment guys, please none of that.

This.

OP just be sensible and eye ball your calories/macros until the weekend.

Also don't bother trying to follow somebody else's diet plan.

Stinks
08-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Maybe not an option in your situation but when traveling on business (I.e., expense reimbursed) Whole Foods is a life saver.