PDA

View Full Version : Weight Gainer

IgorNx
08-01-2013, 06:16 AM
So after tomorrow Ima start to take a weight gainer (Dymatize Elite Mega Gainer) and I'd like to know when should I take it before or post my workout?

Thank you friends

mordag
08-01-2013, 06:36 AM
Doesn't matter when you take it, a weight gainer or protein shake should be taken any time of the day to hit your calories & protein macros

melaneybh
08-01-2013, 06:50 AM
Doesn't matter when you take it, a weight gainer or protein shake should be taken any time of the day to hit your calories & protein macros

Exactly this. Timing doesnt matter, just take it when its convenient for you to help you hit your macros.

ktothewire
08-01-2013, 07:07 AM
best weight gainer is just eating a lot IMHO.

melaneybh
08-01-2013, 07:13 AM

Agreed, I am always a fan of a homemade gainer, but if hes already spent the money he might as well use it.

mordag
08-01-2013, 07:18 AM

so many people think they are eating 5000+ calories yet a simple quick calculation puts them around 2500 calories

"eating a lot" is easier said then done ;)

best to keep track of everything if you truly want to hit those calories/macros and don't "over do it", eating 6000 calories if all you need to gain is 3000 calories just means you will be putting on more fat, this is when the Nutrition Section comes in handy

melaneybh
08-01-2013, 07:26 AM
so many people think they are eating 5000+ calories yet a simple quick calculation puts them around 2500 calories

"eating a lot" is easier said then done ;)

best to keep track of everything if you truly want to hit those calories/macros and don't "over do it", eating 6000 calories if all you need to gain is 3000 calories just means you will be putting on more fat, this is when the Nutrition Section comes in handy

^^^ Nailed it. Perfect advice, I find tracking calories and macros integral to success, just guessing doesnt truly cut it IMO, guesses can be so far off. My personal opinion is to aim for a 500 calorie surplus if bulking, thats 1lb a week gained.

llahhsoj
08-01-2013, 09:42 AM
^^^ Nailed it. Perfect advice, I find tracking calories and macros integral to success, just guessing doesnt truly cut it IMO, guesses can be so far off. My personal opinion is to aim for a 500 calorie surplus if bulking, thats 1lb a week gained.

I agree with bulking at 500 surplus as well.

IgorNx
08-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Alright, thank you for the help.

Swollberg
08-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Timing doesn't matter, but you may not want to take it pre workout, at least not close to the time you workout. Mass gainers tend to sit heavy and may upset your stomach a bit if taken too close to your workout.