PDA

View Full Version : How long until Kyrie is the face of the NBA?

Psyren
07-28-2013, 10:33 PM
After the Cavs win a few games in their first round exit, he'll get proper exposure.

Much more marketable than Durant/Rose and just gets buckets

sdballer5588
07-28-2013, 10:34 PM
More marketable than Rose?

Talent is marketable. Kyrie is disturbingly overrated.

raptorsfan10
07-28-2013, 10:35 PM
lol never gonna happen. Andrew Wiggins is the next face of the NBA

OutWorkedByNo1
07-28-2013, 10:38 PM
more Marketable than the Humble,bible reading,3x scoring champion,mommas boy,Kevin Durant?

Psyren
07-28-2013, 10:38 PM

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/photo/2013/0128/nba_g_irving_gb1_640.jpg&w=640&h=360

more Marketable than the Humble,bible reading,3x scoring champion,mommas boy,Kevin Durant?
doodle jump is all that's gotten him

when Kyrie signs with NY he'll be the biggest thing since sliced bread

sdballer5588
07-28-2013, 10:40 PM
You think a defensive liability who can barely stay on the court half the season, on a non playoff team/potential 8 seed is going to be more popular than a guy at the same position, 2x as talented, super humble, coming off an injury, a former MVP in the nations 3rd largest market.

Stop posting.

Psyren
07-28-2013, 10:43 PM
You think a defensive liability who can barely stay on the court half the season, on a non playoff team/potential 8 seed is going to be more popular than a guy at the same position, 2x as talented, super humble, coming off an injury, a former MVP in the nations 3rd largest market.

Stop posting.
didn't know you could see the future

tell me lotto 649 numbers

FGCHENG
07-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Wiggins is gonna be the new face of the NBA after Lebron.

OutWorkedByNo1
07-28-2013, 10:51 PM

i didnt know YOU could see the future.

we posting in a roll bread.

sdballer5588
07-28-2013, 10:53 PM

Strong irony.

ThySparticus
07-28-2013, 10:53 PM

You say that like you didn't make an absurd prediction of the future yourself.

Kyrie's good, but he'll never be the face of the NBA, there are just too many players that are better and more marketable.

GetBig0rDieTryn
07-28-2013, 11:17 PM
being face of the NBA doesn't mean anything..Kyrie can't do it by himself, but I think he'll get a ring before he's done

DasWunderBrah
07-28-2013, 11:27 PM
he's not even the most marketable PG

dizzin9
07-28-2013, 11:27 PM
never

ballzofpeaze
07-28-2013, 11:29 PM

Stop posting.

This.

Hate the hype behind kyrie. Can't stay healthy for any team he's played for is what annoys the hell out of me, let alone play defense.. Jarrett Jack gonna look goat this season.

Aussiebrah66
07-28-2013, 11:36 PM
This.

Hate the hype behind kyrie. Can't stay healthy for any team he's played for is what annoys the hell out of me, let alone play defense.. Jarrett Jack gonna look goat this season.

in on surprise jarrett jack appreciation thread

Psyren
07-28-2013, 11:38 PM

Stop posting.

Strong irony.

Kyrie's good, but he'll never be the face of the NBA, there are just too many players that are better and more marketable.

being face of the NBA doesn't mean anything..Kyrie can't do it by himself, but I think he'll get a ring before he's done

never

This.

you guys are all wrong

OutWorkedByNo1
07-28-2013, 11:40 PM
you guys are all wrong

http://imageshack.us/a/img543/7992/oi0.gif

Day1086
07-28-2013, 11:41 PM
After the Cavs win a few games in their first round exit, he'll get proper exposure.

Much more marketable than Durant/Rose and just gets buckets

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/photo/2013/0128/nba_g_irving_gb1_640.jpg&w=640&h=360

Stop posting.

Strong irony.

never

This.

you guys are all wrong

you guys are all way off

Krunk Fu
07-29-2013, 12:04 AM

Overrated? Ha.. You've probably seen him play twice.

4ioIReFbQ_o

Wu-Massacre
07-29-2013, 12:07 AM
As long as Brook Lopez is in the NBA Kyrie is only gonna be the face of an NBA Live game cover

DasPhilosopher
07-29-2013, 12:09 AM
well since scalalbrine is gone... its going to take a few years to accuratly predict the next face of the nba

wifestealer
07-29-2013, 12:15 AM

4ioIReFbQ_o

this and those old man commercials are probably all you've seen too.

he is overrated. he is pretty damn good and has a well rounded skill set, but there are 5 point guards better than him in the league RIGHT NOW.

in no particular order:

parker
cp3
curry
rose
westy

the latter 3 are 25 or younger, and then there's also rondo who i don't rate but others like to suck his cawk (stad padder who benefited from 3 other all stars imo)

ballzofpeaze
07-29-2013, 12:18 AM

4ioIReFbQ_o

Everyone knows his handles are insane and he can score the fk out of the ball.

But that's not the point. He's never healthy, he cannot play any form of defense and hasn't yet shown the ability to have true pg skills (running a team, good passing vision); although he has had chit team mates until this year.

Psyren
07-29-2013, 12:19 AM

he is overrated. he is pretty damn good and has a well rounded skill set, but there are 5 point guards better than him in the league RIGHT NOW.

in no particular order:

parker
cp3
curry
rose
westy

the latter 3 are 25 or younger, and then there's also rondo who i don't rate but others like to suck his cawk (stad padder who benefited from 3 other all stars imo)
you guys are acting like this thread wasn't a question

wifestealer
07-29-2013, 12:54 AM
you guys are acting like this thread wasn't a question

okay.... never i guess?

mcboo2
07-29-2013, 01:27 AM

in no particular order:

parker
cp3
curry
rose
westy

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

****in lol at curry being better than kyrie at anything, oh yeah, spot up 3 pointers bro? niceeeeee

steph curry: pvjlu_Gg2ZY

kyrie irving: BBuIjU4nKVY

wifestealer
07-29-2013, 01:31 AM

****in lol at curry being better than kyrie at anything, oh yeah, spot up 3 pointers bro? niceeeeee

one almost made it to the WCF, the other hasn't been in the playoffs in the conference where sub .500 teams routinely make the 8 seed.

curry outscores kyrie, outdimes kyrie, outshoots kyrie from 3, outshoots kyrie from the paint, outshoots kyrie form the line, outsteals kyrie, outrebounds kyrie.

did you type that out of your ass or something? what exactly has kyrie done other than some staged commercials? strong hypewagoning

mcboo2
07-29-2013, 01:34 AM
one almost made it to the WCF, the other hasn't been in the playoffs in the conference where sub .500 teams routinely make the 8 seed.

curry outscores kyrie, outdimes kyrie, outshoots kyrie from 3, outshoots kyrie from the paint, outshoots kyrie form the line, outsteals kyrie, outrebounds kyrie.

did you type that out of your ass or something? what exactly has kyrie done other than some staged commercials? strong hypewagoning

2nd round would imply that he was actually functional during that series, and didnt get bottled by kawhi leonard. shall i post his stats? ****in lol. his glass ankles are a joke

wifestealer
07-29-2013, 01:40 AM
2nd round would imply that he was actually functional during that series, and didnt get bottled by kawhi leonard. shall i post his stats? ****in lol. his glass ankles are a joke

23pts/7assts in 42mpg is bad? you expect the main ball handler and #1 option PG to go off for 30/10 on 50% shooting? remind me what AI's shooting% was against the lakers. remind me how drose did with lebron on him.

lets post kyrie irvings best playoff line:

nothing to see here.

you should stop posting about this topic brah

Amaso
07-29-2013, 01:44 AM

+1

Kyrie is the current "potential superstar on a bad team" guy right now that no one can really hate because his team has had no success to step on anyone's toes as of now. This happens to a new player every year, and we seem to think just because someone is 22 or 23 that they have an extremely high ceiling if they are already good. For what it is worth, I don't think he will ever be a superstar... or the best player on a championship calibur team. He had a very statistically impressive season and hit a couple of clutch shot, but guys like Gilbert Arenas and Monta Ellis had similar stats on bad teams early in their careers. I think it's more likely he will be a good but not great 6 or 7 time all-star (strong contradiction I know) than ever be one of the faces of the NBA.

I hope I'm wrong though. It's always good to have a lot of superstars in the NBA.

mcboo2
07-29-2013, 01:50 AM
40%, 28%, 47%, 29%, 35%, 51%

****in lol. He hit 50% ONCE. He was over 40% TWICE in 6 GAMES rofl. next superstar right here bro, 100%. get over it, hes a joke. His average for the series: 38%

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

wifestealer
07-29-2013, 02:05 AM
40%, 28%, 47%, 29%, 35%, 51%

****in lol. He hit 50% ONCE. He was over 40% TWICE in 6 GAMES rofl. next superstar right here bro, 100%. get over it, hes a joke. His average for the series: 38%

http://puu.sh/3OqN2.png

40.5% actually, same as iverson vs the lakers. rose shot 35% vs the heat. parker shot 41% vs the heat. lol @ expecting a 50% shooting average from a PG in a competitive playoff series.

also i didn't call him a superstar, just said he's better than kyrie. you made a post saying how it wasn't even close between them and haven't made a single point to back it up. time to pretend you were trolling this whole time lol.

mcboo2
07-29-2013, 02:08 AM
http://puu.sh/3OqN2.png

40.5% actually, same as iverson vs the lakers. rose shot 35% vs the heat. parker shot 41% vs the heat. lol @ expecting a 50% shooting average from a PG in a competitive playoff series.

also i didn't call him a superstar, just said he's better than kyrie. you made a post saying how it wasn't even close between them and haven't made a single point to back it up. time to pretend you were trolling this whole time lol.

no, its 38% get over it lol. do the math yourself. And lol anyone with a slight eye for basketball can tell kyrie is FAR better than curry. you have to be trolling, no way you can be this retarded. He's a better shooter, and thats it

wifestealer
07-29-2013, 02:10 AM
no, its 38% get over it lol. do the math yourself. And lol anyone with a slight eye for basketball can tell kyrie is FAR better than curry. you have to be trolling, no way you can be this retarded

omg this guy just added percentages together, divided by 6 and thinks its the average he shot during the series.

omg.

omg.....

murica

mcboo2
07-29-2013, 02:12 AM
omg this guy just added percentages together, divided by 6 and thinks its the average he shot during the series.

omg.

omg.....

murica

and no intelligent response was seen that day.

its ok bro... steph curry.. can shoot 3's.. 5% better! shietttt

dude can't even make an allstar team. or win a 3pt shooting contest

wifestealer
07-29-2013, 02:16 AM

i've posted about his superior statline in every facet of the game, the fact he has actually made the playoffs which shouldn't even be an accomplishment, corrected your poverty math.

all you can bring is 0 statistics, an injury video when kyrie played 50 games this season compared with currys 78, used the line "anyone with a slight eye for basketball can tell" and told me to "do the math" LOL

next.

mcboo2
07-29-2013, 02:19 AM
i've posted about his superior statline in every facet of the game, the fact he has actually made the playoffs which shouldn't even be an accomplishment, corrected your poverty math.

all you can bring is 0 statistics, an injury video when kyrie played 50 games this season compared with currys 78, used the line "anyone with a slight eye for basketball can tell" and told me to "do the math" LOL

next.

19/6/4 > 21/6/4

'NZ'~

next

sports misc is too easy. too many retards

i await your response that won't ever come. now crawl back in your hole phaggot

wifestealer
07-29-2013, 02:26 AM
19/6/4 > 21/6/4

'NZ'~

next

sports misc is too easy. too many retards

kyrie/curry

22.5pts <<< 22.9
5.9ast <<< 6.9
3.7reb <<< 3.8
1.5stl <<< 1.6
3.2TO <<< 3.1
45%FG = 45
39%3FG <<< 45
85%FT <<< 90

24-58, 3rd worst record in league <<< 47-35, lost in 2nd round of western conference.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/bd219d440d00ddfe58dfc8787511f968/tumblr_mixn62chtw1rfimo0o1_500.gif

mcboo2
07-29-2013, 02:29 AM
is that a serious response? ^ and now he cherry picks stats in one year cus he lost the argument.

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

you're a joke lol. just like curry and his ankles

wifestealer
07-29-2013, 02:35 AM
is that a serious response? ^ and now he cherry picks stats in one year cus he lost the argument.

you're a joke lol. just like curry and his ankles

he's better right now, which is exactly the point of this entire discussion isn't it?

http://puu.sh/3OrzD.png

http://puu.sh/3OrBf.png

still better in every category over the 2 years they have both been in the league.

can't get over the 38% "do the math" comment either rofl

mcboo2
07-29-2013, 02:38 AM
he's better right now, which is exactly the point of this entire discussion isn't it?

http://puu.sh/3OrzD.png

http://puu.sh/3OrBf.png

still better in every category over the 2 years they have both been in the league.

can't get over the 38% "do the math" comment either rofl

i missed g1 stats, im tipsy lul. get over it. the stats are almost identical , you have no argument. we already know how ****ty he is post season
. what did he say at the end of that series? "i'm gonna try to learn how to drive in the lane" ****in lol

wifestealer
07-29-2013, 02:46 AM
i missed g1 stats, im tipsy lul. get over it. the stats are almost identical , you have no argument. we already know how ****ty he is post season
. what did he say at the end of that series? "i'm gonna try to learn how to drive in the lane" ****in lol

you didn't miss the game 1 stats, you added 6 percentages together and found the average because that's how you thought it works LOL

i'm pretty sure when your productivity INCREASES in the post season then we DON'T "already know how ****ty he is post season".

YOU have no argument when you say kyrie is flat out better than curry. you bought into the hype train and just got anal raped by a more knowledgeable brah so now you're taking the gas off the pedal. good decision

mcboo2
07-29-2013, 02:50 AM
you didn't miss the game 1 stats, you added 6 percentages together and found the average because that's how you thought it works LOL

i'm pretty sure when your productivity INCREASES in the post season then we DON'T "already know how ****ty he is post season".

YOU have no argument when you say kyrie is flat out better than curry. you bought into the hype train and just got anal raped by a more knowledgeable brah so now you're taking the gas off the pedal. good decision

he played a **** defense nuggets team first series, you should know as a nugs fan. he didn't "increase his productivity" lol. we were just that bad. you "winning an argument" is posting inferior career statistics and propping up someone with a more limited skillset and now you're the "knowledgable brah." lol. anyone with half a brain knows he is a better player. hence the allstar nod and 3pt comp win. Whats curry got? the honor of getting **** on by kawhi leonard? nice.

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/RRnhhqW.gif

wifestealer
07-29-2013, 02:56 AM
he played a **** defense nuggets team first series, you should know as a nugs fan. he didn't "increase his productivity" lol. we were just that bad. you "winning an argument" is posting inferior career statistics and propping up someone with a more limited skillset and now you're the "knowledgable brah." lol. anyone with half a brain knows he is a better player. hence the allstar nod and 3pt comp win. Whats curry got? the honor of getting **** on by kawhi leonard? nice.

so you made an unquantifiable statement of him being sh*t in the postseason, i debunk it and then you say it's irrelevant? just lol

jrue holiday also made the EC all star team. lets the guards out west:

bryant, cp3, harden, westbrook, parker all of whom are superior to both kyrie and curry.

as for curry's honor? how about the single season record for most 3 pointers made. lol @ mentioning 3pt comp when comparing curry and kyrie. you're clutching at straws m8.

mcboo2
07-29-2013, 03:00 AM
so you made an unquantifiable statement of him being sh*t in the postseason, i debunk it and then you say it's irrelevant? just lol

jrue holiday also made the EC all star team. lets the guards out west:

bryant, cp3, harden, westbrook, parker all of whom are superior to both kyrie and curry.

as for curry's honor? how about the single season record for most 3 pointers made. lol @ mentioning 3pt comp when comparing curry and kyrie. you're clutching at straws m8.

you are acting like every single way of analyzing a player is ONLY through statistics. you on that sdballer time breh? Anyone who WATCHED the games knows he could not operate at the same level as he did during the season. then he had that pathetic #452341 ankle sprain and bowed out. And cool... he made some 3's. Danny green made most 3's in finals history. WHO THE HELL CARES?! lmao

Rebounds45
07-29-2013, 03:09 AM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=irvinky01&p2=leonaka01

I do agree that Kyrie is better and has more potential Curry, but he's not as bad as you make him out to be. Clearly Curry is a better shooter than Kyrie.

You talk about Curry's ankles but how about Kyrie not being able to stay healthy as well?

mcboo2
07-29-2013, 03:14 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=irvinky01&p2=leonaka01

I do agree that Kyrie is better and has more potential Curry, but he's not as bad as you make him out to be. Clearly Curry is a better shooter than Kyrie.

You talk about Curry's ankles but how about Kyrie not being able to stay healthy as well?

touche' they are both phaggots when it comes to bishing out play time, an alarming trend with this new crop of nba players. he is a better shooter, but lets not act like kyrie isn't 40% 3pt shooter too, so its pretty moot in comparison to the myriad of other intangibles kyrie brings to the table.

RubberDuckyBrah
07-29-2013, 04:28 AM
Well he's already on the cover of NBA LIVE 2014 and on the Cavs, maybe hes just starting.

http://mms.businesswire.com/media/20130725005964/en/377106/4/NBALIVE14_COVERART_1920x1080.jpg

Who is going to be on the cover of, and have a say in the music playlist of 2k14? I'm not a fan of him, but by now its a no brainer.

Resindog
07-29-2013, 04:37 AM

Help me out here. I'm a 37 year old white guy so maybe I'm just too old to understand the demographic that buys jerseys and basketball shoes anymore but does it really matter that much what city the player is playing with? Do kids really say "well he's a baller but he plays in Cleveland/OKC/Utah, so I won't support him b/c that city is lame". I know players migrate to the mega media markets, it's just the nature of the beast but does the fact a player is in a mid market prevent people from supporting him?

MusicalHam
07-29-2013, 04:45 AM
Right after Greg Oden

ballzofpeaze
07-29-2013, 04:47 AM

Time to go to bed man.

StrongM477
07-29-2013, 06:32 AM

bump

sdballer5588
07-29-2013, 10:06 AM
Crying laughing at mcboo's lacking ability to add.

Wifestealer with that ether.

sdballer5588
07-29-2013, 10:09 AM

4ioIReFbQ_o

He's not overrated! Look a this looped 15 second clip where he nearly loses the ball twice in a scrimmage!

And this is right before he broke his hand right? Lol thanks man! You make this way easier for me.

Kyrie can't even stay on the court for exhibition games.

iMakeItRain100s
07-29-2013, 10:37 AM

its ok bro... steph curry.. can shoot 3's.. 5% better! shietttt

dude can't even make an allstar team. or win a 3pt shooting contest

5% better is a difference of 15 points on 100 shots.

Just to give you a sense:

- San Antonio lost Game 7 by just 7 points with 82 shots.
- If Kyrie averaged 5% less on his shooting, he would not be a 20ppg scorer (19.9).

Aguy2diefor
07-29-2013, 10:45 AM
I acutally think Kawhi Leonard will have a better overall career for this draft class.

He's going to be a 17-9 player next for a contending team and will only get better. Plus, he's not made of Glass like Kyrie irving

1harud1
07-29-2013, 10:49 AM

4ioIReFbQ_o

Don't make me call Norris cole

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PnktUxroQTE

Psyren
07-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Kyrie's career>Curry's already

NBA All-Star (2013)
NBA Rookie of the Year (2012)
NBA Rising Stars Challenge MVP (2012)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2012)
NBA Live 14 Cover
Uncle Drew
Gets buckets
Pepsi/Nike sponsored
Will be on Olympic team moving forward
rated higher in 2k13

Curry:
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2010)

and lol at mentioning Kyrie's injuries in comparison to Curry of all people

1harud1
07-29-2013, 10:53 AM

Call me when kyrie actually has an impact on wins and losses

Or when he can play 80% of games in season

1harud1
07-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Kyrie's career>Curry's already

NBA All-Star (2013)
NBA Rookie of the Year (2012)
NBA Rising Stars Challenge MVP (2012)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2012)

Curry:
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2010)

Who was playoff appearance while leading his team ?

Aguy2diefor
07-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Who was playoff appearance while leading his team ?

Pretty sure op said curry not Jaret jack.