View Full Version : Derrick Rose: "I'm the best player in the NBA"

arman24
07-24-2013, 06:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oOAaksDS40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oOAaksDS40

edit: I embedded it but it's glitching again

SaniK
07-24-2013, 06:31 PM
One of the most undeserved MVP's ever lol.

wifestealer
07-24-2013, 06:40 PM

lebron was the better player, better statistical season but the bulls had a better record with arguably less talent on the roster.

not that controversial, and i don't like drose. one of nash's was much worse

Gladiator19
07-24-2013, 06:42 PM
lebron was the better player, better statistical season but the bulls had a better record with arguably less talent on the roster.

Co-signed by a Heat fan.

Shutuponions
07-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Nothing wrong with a little bit of confidence here and there ;)

homicidal_misc
07-24-2013, 06:49 PM
lol he was dead srs and looked like he was ready to smack the interviewer around. Get ready phaggots he's coming for you. Just like when he said he was going to win the MVP.

homicidal_misc
07-24-2013, 06:50 PM
significantly less talented team but finished with a better record and went 3-0 vs the Heat. Injuries to Noah and Boozer. Only player top 10 in both point and assists and was the best closer in the NBA that season. IMO it wasn't even a debate.

GPx
07-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Obviously he hates Lebron so he's not going to give him the credit. Even when he said LeBron was the toughest guy to guard he said "make him shoot" taking a jab at him. I have no problem him saying what he did. Youngest MVP ever. He needs confidence if he's going to make a return to the top.

Luno7
07-24-2013, 07:02 PM
pepper thine angus, NBA

OF1a8klEPb8

SaniK
07-24-2013, 07:08 PM

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, do I even need to say anything?

LBJ had the most win shares, PER, 2nd in PPG, 12th in APG, far better rebounding, better overall season. Rose was 9th in PER, 7th in PPG, 8th in APG, and 5th in win shares. Why did he win, because his team won 4 more regular season games? The Miami Heat put together a completely new team and it took them the beginning of the season to figure out how to play, and they still were only 4 games from being in 1st in the NBA. IIRC the Heat were around 500 after the first 15-20 games that season and then won something like 16 in a row.

Badass23
07-24-2013, 07:14 PM
this ***** and his troll comments..

homicidal_misc
07-24-2013, 07:16 PM

LBJ had the most win shares, PER, 2nd in PPG, 12th in APG, far better rebounding, better overall season. Rose was 9th in PER, 7th in PPG, 8th in APG, and 5th in win shares. Why did he win, because his team won 4 more regular season games? The Miami Heat put together a completely new team and it took them the beginning of the season to figure out how to play, and they still were only 4 games from being in 1st in the NBA. IIRC the Heat were around 500 after the first 15-20 games that season and then won something like 16 in a row.
LeBron had another MVP candidate on the same team as him. Yes, theBulls won 4 more regular season games and were 3-0 against the Heat in large part because of Rose. sorry phaggot. LOL at worst MVP of all time only a complete RETARD would say that.

GPx
07-24-2013, 07:16 PM

Stop thinking the MVP goes to the guy with the best stat line.

Plain and simple, Rose meant more to his team than Lebron meant to his all-star team. On top of that the Bulls finished with a better season record. Rose deserved it.

Rambostyne
07-24-2013, 07:20 PM
The old 'most valuable player' versus 'best player' debate.

00o
07-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Isn't this a Karl Malone-MJ situation all over again like back in 1997 when Malone won the MVP but MJ was the best player in the L?

BullStampede
07-24-2013, 07:26 PM
The old 'most valuable player' versus 'best player' debate.

yup. this thread again.

What did you guys expect Rose to say?

sdballer5588
07-24-2013, 07:42 PM

Plain and simple, Rose meant more to his team than Lebron meant to his all-star team. On top of that the Bulls finished with a better season record. Rose deserved it.

It SHOULD go to the guy with the best stat line.

Call me when someone who is LITERALLY doing less affects a games outcome more than someone doing.... MORE.

On topic though, of COURSE D Rose would say that.

RogerSterling
07-24-2013, 07:46 PM

co-signed by a bulls fan. lebron was unarguably the best player in the league that season (and pretty much every season for the past 5-6 years), the only debate is what you think the MVP is for, best statistical player or most valuable to their team. rose wasn't undeserving he just won based on the latter definition.

in regards to the video wtf do you want him to say? reminds me of when he said he was gonna win the MVP before his MVP season and everyone laughed at him, then what happened?

liuzhoudragon
07-24-2013, 07:54 PM
National Bench Association MVP

I am a bull fans and rooted for the spurs. LeBron shi.ts on rose. anyone telling you otherwise is drinking the cool-aide

bottle_cap
07-24-2013, 08:00 PM
lol dude was so srs about it too

BullBoy8
07-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Why cant he be MVP? Becomes one

Why cant he be the best? Watch him prove it. Gonna be exciting. 24pts 9asts will be his avg.

miamigoon
07-24-2013, 08:05 PM
http://thegrio.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/lebron-laughing.jpg?w=487

dmoneythegoat
07-24-2013, 08:12 PM
pepper thine angus, NBA

OF1a8klEPb8

that rim can't be higher than 8 or 9 feet. no hate actually like D Rose just sayin

NakedPut
07-24-2013, 08:13 PM
this reminds me of the monta ellis clip... 'monte have it all' when he compares himself to D Wade. Somebody post the vid.

homicidal_misc
07-24-2013, 08:15 PM
this reminds me of the monta ellis clip... 'monte have it all' when he compares himself to D Wade. Somebody post the vid.
except Rose is a top 5 player in the NBA and won MVP after saying he would.

GPx
07-24-2013, 08:18 PM
It SHOULD go to the guy with the best stat line.

Call me when someone who is LITERALLY doing less affects a games outcome more than someone doing.... MORE.

On topic though, of COURSE D Rose would say that.

No it should go to the guy that has been the most valuable to his elite team.

SDboxscore wants MVP to decided solely on stats. Anyone surprised? So how many MVP's should Kobe have then?

sdballer5588
07-24-2013, 08:26 PM
No it should go to the guy that has been the most valuable to his elite team.

SDboxscore wants MVP to decided solely on stats. Anyone surprised? So how many MVP's should Kobe have then?

Zero.

Kobe has NEVER lead the league in PER, because he only impacts the game in one way, especially in the only year YOU think he deserves an MVP, 2006.

How fukking stupid are you lol, Kobe has LITERALLY never been the best player in the league in his entire career

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_yearly.html

SaniK
07-24-2013, 09:03 PM
LeBron had another MVP candidate on the same team as him. Yes, theBulls won 4 more regular season games and were 3-0 against the Heat in large part because of Rose. sorry phaggot. LOL at worst MVP of all time only a complete RETARD would say that.

strong reading comprehension when I clearly said one of the worst lol, thanks for the neg too not that it matters apparently you are very butthurt over this though. The Bulls won their 3 games over the Heat by just 8 points, and then lost 4-1 to the Heat in the playoffs. Seems like they just got lucky in the regular season. The Heat, who had a brand new team, started off 9-8. Then they went 30-2 over their next 32 games when they figured things out.

If somebody's statline is far above the next person in line's, then it definitely should go to that player (Lebron). In this case they weren't even close. How do you quantify "meant more to his team"? How did Rose "mean more to his team" than Lebron "meant to his team"? I can also say that Lebron meant more to his team than Rose, so how could you prove me wrong?

homicidal_misc
07-24-2013, 09:11 PM
strong reading comprehension when I clearly said one of the worst lol, thanks for the neg too not that it matters apparently you are very butthurt over this though. The Bulls won their 3 games over the Heat by just 8 points, and then lost 4-1 to the Heat in the playoffs. Seems like they just got lucky in the regular season. The Heat, who had a brand new team, started off 9-8. Then they went 30-2 over their next 32 games when they figured things out.
The 5 playoff games were also closely contested. There is a postseason MVP called the finals MVP obviously Lebron didn't deserve to have that one either. They finished 4 games back and didn't beat the bulls once while having multiple elite players on the same team. Period.

If somebody's statline is far above the next person in line's, then it definitely should go to that player (Lebron). In this case they weren't even close. How do you quantify "meant more to his team"? How did Rose "mean more to his team" than Lebron "meant to his team"? I can also say that Lebron meant more to his team than Rose, so how could you prove me wrong?
Nobody on Rose's team had anywhere remotely close to the season he had. He was the machine that drove them. Lebron had another MVP caliber player playing next to him.

L0lJ0ker3
07-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Lebron fans still butthurt over D Rose winning mvp that season? Get the phuck over it. You think Lebron loses sleep at night because he didn't win MVP? Who had the last laugh that year? Dirk did move on.

Love the fact that he said he's the best player in the league. He's gonna have something to prove when the season starts.

that rim can't be higher than 8 or 9 feet. no hate actually like D Rose just sayin

Thats the joke.

Str8FromNYC
07-24-2013, 09:21 PM

chris anderson says hello

1harud1
07-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Lol he won't even be top 5 this season so he has no chance at bein the best , but little derrick needs to boost his confidence before lebron shuts him down like usual.

Over Under d rose plays in 7 games this season

Skeeeeet
07-24-2013, 09:25 PM
love that mentality and confidence, just like the black mamba.

sdballer5588
07-24-2013, 09:41 PM

Are you retarded? Rofl holy sht this can't be serious.

bottle_cap
07-24-2013, 09:46 PM
m8 wot u

Aussiebrah66
07-24-2013, 09:47 PM

lebron and dwight howard deserved it more

jamnajh
07-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Co-signed by a Heat fan.

And a second heat fan. Derrick carried that team. Bottom line.

jlee639
07-24-2013, 10:30 PM

kill yaself

PureCardio
07-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Dumbass Chicago fans dumping on their own team. The Bulls were #1 without Rose the year after he won mvp. Dont hand me that bs that his supporting cast as good as people say

ShweezyBTFO
07-24-2013, 11:04 PM

NBA- miami heat
NFL- tennessee titans
NCAA- Memphis Tigers, AND alabama crimson tide
Anderson Silva

homicidal_misc
07-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Dumbass Chicago fans dumping on their own team. The Bulls were #1 without Rose the year after he won mvp. Dont hand me that bs that his supporting cast as good as people say
The year after he won MVP was a lockout season where many teams were tanking and having a deep roster (like the Bulls had) played a HUGE advantage in getting regular season Ws. We are talking about the 2010-2011 season where Noah and Boozer were banged up all year. The Bulls didn't play the whole season without Rose in 2011-2012 but when they did the offense was significantly worse and their winning % was lower. And we all saw how they got embarrassed vs the 8th seed 76ers after Rose went down. I'd say going from a likely easy 1st round matchup to getting knocked out the 5 games after Rose went down pretty "valuable"

Rebounds45
07-25-2013, 12:22 AM
Can't believe people are still crying over DRose's MVP. I mean Jordan didn't win one when he averaged 32.5/8/8 in 89, also in 90 and 93. Kobe only won it once. Dwyane Wade should've got one in 09. Shaq only won once. Who cares, LeBron beat DRose in the 2011 Playoffs anyways, and lost in the Finals. If the Heat had won and LeBron won FMVP nobody would say anything. It's only because LeBron didn't win anything that year.

Krunk Fu
07-25-2013, 12:46 AM
pepper thine angus, NBA

OF1a8klEPb8

Too bad the NBA uses 10 ft rim, not 8 ft.

Cannonsex
07-25-2013, 12:53 AM
why dont this useless ****bird actually play an nba game first before running his mouth. I cant wait for lebron to embarrass this guy again in the playoffs.

liuzhoudragon
07-25-2013, 01:02 AM

kobe would have played. Plenty of good and bad things to say about kobe but he is a competitor and wouldn't have given any bit.ch ass exucses for not playing.

ne12o
07-25-2013, 01:22 AM
delusion from all the moprhine hes takin

DasWunderBrah
07-25-2013, 02:00 AM

lol he's not even close the mamba. the mamba would have been playing in the playoffs no matter what.

FlashWad3
07-25-2013, 02:45 AM
O lawd, Derrick Rose biting off more than he can chew and he hasn't played for years.....what a joke he's become.

Temuz
07-25-2013, 02:46 AM
Chicago best city in the world, pls go Derrick

liuzhoudragon
07-25-2013, 02:50 AM
lol he's not even close the mamba. the mamba would have been playing in the playoffs no matter what.

true if you would have let kobe on the floor bleeding he would be on the floor.

Rose was still trying to locate his testicales.

TyreekD
07-25-2013, 05:10 AM
The Windy City Assassin will slay The King, but then will get bitten by the venom.

ThatKindaGuy
07-25-2013, 05:21 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1069182_456517777789004_1606254493_n.jpg

Lb54TG
07-25-2013, 05:34 AM

People act like the bulls had a bad team.
Noah is a top 10 center. Top 5 defensive center.
Boozer is a top 10 PF
Luol Deng is a top 10 SF
And Asik who was a backup, is now a solid starter.
And obviously rose was a top 5 PG

People talk about him carrying the team, but his team was solid, and won alot of games even without him

ThatKindaGuy
07-25-2013, 05:47 AM
Boozer is a top 10 PF

1. Duncan
2. Aldridge
3. Lee
4. Ibaka
5. Z-Bo
6. Nowitzki
7. Garnett
8. West
9. Bosh
10. Griffin

Stoudemire, Love, (healthy) Gasol, Smith, ...

RogerSterling
07-25-2013, 07:50 AM
anyone who disputes rose's mvp doesn't actually watch the NBA, flat out. Noah/Boozer missed like 65 combined games, Bogans was the starting SG... If you only watch your team play or read box scores, you can't really say what Rose deserved. Anyone who watched the Bulls that year saw what he was doing, including all of the MVP voters, coaches, oh and even LeBron...

March 2011:

"I think [it's] Derrick Rose," James said before the Heat's game Wednesday night against the Washington Wizards. "What he's done for that team, with all the injuries they have and them being first in the Eastern Conference -- they're playing some really good basketball."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6274778

oh and just for good measure, here's Doc Rivers, April 2011:

"I'm not that surprised [the Bulls are contending]," Rivers said on ESPN 1000's "Afternoon Saloon". "Derrick Rose is the best player this year in the NBA. I think he'll be the MVP, and when you have the MVP on your team, you're usually pretty good."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6221808

jganer
07-25-2013, 07:52 AM
Is he serious??? LOL

1harud1
07-25-2013, 08:15 AM
1. Duncan
2. Aldridge
3. Lee
4. Ibaka
5. Z-Bo
6. Nowitzki
7. Garnett
8. West
9. Bosh
10. Griffin

Stoudemire, Love, (healthy) Gasol, Smith, ...

List was fine up until ibaka and amare

Lol

chibb1122
07-25-2013, 08:24 AM
I can't wait for D Rose to prove all the haters wrong.

ToPHeR35
07-25-2013, 08:38 AM
People act like the bulls had a bad team.
Noah is a top 10 center. Top 5 defensive center.
Boozer is a top 10 PF
Luol Deng is a top 10 SF
And Asik who was a backup, is now a solid starter.
And obviously rose was a top 5 PG

People talk about him carrying the team, but his team was solid, and won alot of games even without him

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/bill-cosby-no-gif.gif

HayZues Christi
07-25-2013, 09:05 AM
kobe would have played. Plenty of good and bad things to say about kobe but he is a competitor and wouldn't have given any bit.ch ass exucses for not playing.

35 yr old kobe MIGHT have played...

though he didn't play in this years playoffs due to an injury...

But what about 23 yr old kobe, with his whole career still ahead of him... It is a different decision.

bpatel82
07-25-2013, 09:54 AM
LMAO.. LeBron nuthuggers still butthurt over the MVP award... Deal with it phaggots... Rose was the MVP. Your constant whining will not change it.

1harud1
07-25-2013, 10:37 AM
LMAO.. LeBron nuthuggers still butthurt over the MVP award... Deal with it phaggots... Rose was the MVP. Your constant whining will not change it.

I think the only people butthurt are bulls fans because as long as lebron is in the eastern conference, Chicago won't get out of the conference

CanardLaque
07-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Well good for him to have confidence....but wtf..speak with confidence too...he doesn't seem like he even believes the things he says"

" who's the best"

" uhhh Derrick Rose..uhhh"

" yeah?"

" uhhh .y eah....uhhh"

hublife
07-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Isn't this the guy who was medically cleared to play since March and chose to skip the playoffs while his team was eliminated???

The best or not he's still a pussy.

broboma2012
07-25-2013, 11:28 AM
i can't wait

arman24
07-25-2013, 11:36 AM
https://sphotos-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1044932_522014424518337_2055589478_n.jpg

Sporklift
07-25-2013, 11:56 AM
MVP is a complete joke now. Most Valuable Player means someone who is the best of the best you don't look at stats you don't look at how many times his team has won or anything. The only thing you need to look at is who you think is the best player this season doesn't matter if it's a break out season or some 1 year deal. Whoever is hands down the best player during the season you vote for MVP and he should get MVP. Ever since they factored in the "Team wins also count." and "He is better because his stats." turned the MVP into some kind of stupid way for the media to promote favorable players.

AlliWantisLulz
07-25-2013, 12:43 PM
he's not even the best at his position

not even 2nd

iamtheawesome
07-25-2013, 01:26 PM
He's obviously still on painkillers.

HoustonMiscer
07-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Not a fan of either team but fuk Boozer. Fuk that phaggot. Fuk him for destroying the Rockets in 07.

kengriffeyjr
07-25-2013, 02:38 PM
goodnight nba
http://www.trbimg.com/img-1366501568/turbine/chi-nets-3-20130420/480

SaniK
07-25-2013, 05:25 PM
meh it's not really worth it to respond individually to everyone in this thread since some posters use their hate for Lebron over common sense for their arguments.

but keep this in mind. 2009-2010 Cleveland had 59 wins and finished 2nd. 2010-2011 they had 18 wins and were last (30th). tell me more about how much Rose means to his team lol. Without Rose this season, the Bulls still had 42 wins. Yea Lebron had another MVP candidate playing with him that season, but that doesn't take away anything from him. I think people were still giving him **** about "The Decision".

Only reason I brought up the MVP award though is because it's laughable that a player like Rose is calling himself the best when he was gifted an "MVP" and pussied out of last year's playoffs. I like the dude, but he's barely proven anything. He was shooting 43.5% before his injury...

RogerSterling
07-25-2013, 05:34 PM
meh it's not really worth it to respond individually to everyone in this thread since some posters use their hate for Lebron over common sense for their arguments.

but keep this in mind. 2009-2010 Cleveland had 59 wins and finished 2nd. 2010-2011 they had 18 wins and were last (30th). tell me more about how much Rose means to his team lol. Without Rose this season, the Bulls still had 42 wins. Yea Lebron had another MVP candidate playing with him that season, but that doesn't take away anything from him. I think people were still giving him **** about "The Decision".

Only reason I brought up the MVP award though is because it's laughable that a player like Rose is calling himself the best when he was gifted an "MVP" and pussied out of last year's playoffs. I like the dude, but he's barely proven anything. He was shooting 43.5% before his injury...

What does the Cleveland Cavaliers 2009-10 season have to do with the Miami Heat's 2010-11 season?

Again, we're talking about the 2010-11 season when Derrick Rose won the MVP. Lets have a look at my earlier post again:

anyone who disputes rose's mvp doesn't actually watch the NBA, flat out. Noah/Boozer missed like 65 combined games, Bogans was the starting SG... If you only watch your team play or read box scores, you can't really say what Rose deserved. Anyone who watched the Bulls that year saw what he was doing, including all of the MVP voters, coaches, oh and even LeBron...

March 2011:

"I think [it's] Derrick Rose," James said before the Heat's game Wednesday night against the Washington Wizards. "What he's done for that team, with all the injuries they have and them being first in the Eastern Conference -- they're playing some really good basketball."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6274778

oh and just for good measure, here's Doc Rivers, April 2011:

"I'm not that surprised [the Bulls are contending]," Rivers said on ESPN 1000's "Afternoon Saloon". "Derrick Rose is the best player this year in the NBA. I think he'll be the MVP, and when you have the MVP on your team, you're usually pretty good."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6221808

Sorry, I'll take the words of people who watch, coach and play in the NBA for a living over those of sports miscers any day.

broboma2012
07-25-2013, 05:50 PM
lol at people acting like rose's MVP is the first time that it hasn't gone to the best player in the league. If it did then jordan would have 8-10 MVP's.

Loswaldo
07-25-2013, 06:01 PM
lol he was dead srs and looked like he was ready to smack the interviewer around. Get ready phaggots he's coming for you. Just like when he said he was going to win the MVP.

This 2014 MVP and 2014 NBA Champ

DRose is back.

Also all those Bulls fans who called him a pussy will be eating their words by Game 4 of the regular season.

poppycock101
07-25-2013, 06:31 PM
goodnight nba

this.

jbutts the GOAT

homicidal_misc
07-25-2013, 07:01 PM
What does the Cleveland Cavaliers 2009-10 season have to do with the Miami Heat's 2010-11 season?

Again, we're talking about the 2010-11 season when Derrick Rose won the MVP. Lets have a look at my earlier post again:

Sorry, I'll take the words of people who watch, coach and play in the NBA for a living over those of sports miscers any day.
and just to add

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM

Sanik is a retard lol. He literally can't make any argument as to why Rose didn't deserve MVP outside of "he didn't have the best stats!" ****ing retard lol.

L0lJ0ker3
07-25-2013, 08:55 PM
goodnight nba

This soooo much this

I can't wait for D Rose to come back
but I'm just as excited to see Jimmy Buckets turn into more of a stud this season.

sdballer5588
07-25-2013, 09:02 PM
and just to add

Sanik is a retard lol. He literally can't make any argument as to why Rose didn't deserve MVP outside of "he didn't have the best stats!" ****ing retard lol.

"He didn't have the best stats" is a reasonably bulletproof argument.

You can only name a SMALL HANDFUL of times the non best stat line won the MVP.

SaniK
07-25-2013, 09:07 PM

not sure if trolling. in case you didn't know and just started watching basketball, Lebron played for the Cavs in 2009-2010. He then left for the 2010-2011 season. They went from having the second best record to being dead last. If you don't understand that then idk what to say lol.

of course Lebron won't say that he deserves it since people will say he is conceited. you found a link of doc saying he would vote for rose in April with a month left to play, congrats on finding one opinion lol. There were many who thought Lebron deserved it so what's your point?

and just to add

So Rose averaged 2.7 points and 3.1 MORE turnovers per 48 minutes of clutch time while shooting 3.4% less. You sure got me by cherry picking stats that don't even prove your point LOL. If you've ever heard of a thing called math you will realize this is statistically insignificant anyways since it's such a small sample size of minutes compared to the amount they play in a season. I must be the ****ing retard lol.

My point is that why bother making a "Leagues Most Valuable Player Award" and then award it to someone based on unquantifiable data such as "oh I feel like he helped his team more". Should just give it to the player with the best PER for the season with a minimum amount of games/minutes played.

edit: appears that sdballer has some common sense

GoldenArmKid
07-26-2013, 12:02 AM
Well good for him to have confidence....but wtf..speak with confidence too...he doesn't seem like he even believes the things he says"

" who's the best"

" uhhh Derrick Rose..uhhh"

" yeah?"

" uhhh .y eah....uhhh"

He always talks like that. That's just him. Probably been overusing "ummm" in his speech pattern all his life.

homicidal_misc
07-26-2013, 12:34 AM
not sure if trolling. in case you didn't know and just started watching basketball, Lebron played for the Cavs in 2009-2010. He then left for the 2010-2011 season. They went from having the second best record to being dead last. If you don't understand that then idk what to say lol.

of course Lebron won't say that he deserves it since people will say he is conceited. you found a link of doc saying he would vote for rose in April with a month left to play, congrats on finding one opinion lol. There were many who thought Lebron deserved it so what's your point?

So Rose averaged 2.7 points and 3.1 MORE turnovers per 48 minutes of clutch time while shooting 3.4% less. You sure got me by cherry picking stats that don't even prove your point LOL. If you've ever heard of a thing called math you will realize this is statistically insignificant anyways since it's such a small sample size of minutes compared to the amount they play in a season. I must be the ****ing retard lol.

My point is that why bother making a "Leagues Most Valuable Player Award" and then award it to someone based on unquantifiable data such as "oh I feel like he helped his team more". Should just give it to the player with the best PER for the season with a minimum amount of games/minutes played.

edit: appears that sdballer has some common sense
look at his assists as well jackass I like how you conveniently left that out. Or the 5% better FT percentage. And the fact that only 11 ****ing percent of his baskets were assisted meaning the ball was in his hands and he had to create AT ALL TIMES. No **** his TO number would be high. He didn't have D Wade there with him to defer to. The only person close in the top half of that list was Westbrook at 13% and he played with Durant. Rose straight up carried them on his back and won games down the stretch since nobody else on the team was an offensive threat or could create their own shot. It was amazing to watch. Like Roger said, anyone who actually paid attention knows he was well deserving.

homicidal_misc
07-26-2013, 12:36 AM

Rose's stats weren't too bad at all. Factor in his late game heroics as the sole offensive threat on his team and the fact that the Bulls were 4 games better than the Heat and swept them (with Rose having a big hand in that), how can you possibly justify giving James the MVP with another ELITE player next to him? It makes no sense. At all. Might as well say Kevin Love deserved legit MVP consideration did you see his stats?

mcboo2
07-26-2013, 02:54 AM

brb wilt chamberlin should have won ATLEAST ten mvps with this line of thinking. You are retarded lol

ThatKindaGuy
07-26-2013, 03:09 AM
This soooo much this

I can't wait for D Rose to come back
but I'm just as excited to see Jimmy Buckets turn into more of a stud this season.

I'm legit more excited about Buckets. He is one of my favorite players currently.

Thai_Clinch
07-26-2013, 06:19 AM
lol i remember when i had my first beer, rose. play a full season again first.

RogerSterling
07-26-2013, 07:13 AM

So he should have won the MVP for the 2010-11 based on the impact he had on a completely different team in a completely different city the year before? makes sense.

lol at "a month left to play", you really think that final month (when rose absolutely tore it up) was going to make a difference?

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/05/04/why-not-rose-kobe-agrees/

“I’m happy for him,” Bryant said when informed that indeed Rose had won the award. “I love it.”
When asked if he would have voted for Rose, Bryant didn’t hesitate. “Yes,” he said as he walked out of the room after a post-practice interview session Tuesday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/3638/phil-jackson-expects-rose-to-draw-mvp-votes

Phil Jackson backed Rose's burgeoning MVP campaign.

"I would imagine that just out of the blue that Derrick Rose is going to be the guy," Jackson told ESPNLA.com's Dave McMenamin prior to Saturday's Lakers/Mavericks game. "That team is what, first in the East right now, or tied? He’s literally vaulted that team up on his shoulders by [Carlos] Boozer being out the first month and a half or so. I would say just on pure ‘one guy’, individually, he’s probably going to get a lot of votes."

"MVP of the season," Jordan said after the Bulls’ 101-84 win over his Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night. "He deserves it. He's playing that well. He deserves it. Without a doubt. And if he doesn't get it, now he'll see how I felt a lot of years."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110408&sportCat=nba

I will remember the 2010-11 season for LeBron and Wade, for Blake Griffin, for the dumb Celtics trade, and for how hard Derrick Rose played every night. He willed the Bulls to a No. 1 seed. Unfortunately, we don't have an advanced metric to quantify that specific achievement -- just a primitive, overrated statistic called "wins." I guess we'll have to make due. Derrick Rose, you're my 2010-11 MVP.

its actually really easy to find other opinions in favor of rose since he was, you know, the actual MVP of the season.

gentao
07-26-2013, 07:24 AM
i like d rose but he needs to not get to ahead of himself until he plays more than one game

1harud1
07-26-2013, 08:47 AM
So he should have won the MVP for the 2010-11 based on the impact he had on a completely different team in a completely different city the year before? makes sense.

lol at "a month left to play", you really think that final month (when rose absolutely tore it up) was going to make a difference?

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/3638/phil-jackson-expects-rose-to-draw-mvp-votes

its actually really easy to find other opinions in favor of rose since he was, you know, the actual MVP of the season.

Are you peppering yourself for when lebron shuts down rose opening night ?

Rebounds45
07-26-2013, 09:21 AM
If it was down to stats, PER, and all that, then MJ should've won 6 straight MVPs from 1988-1993 lol

ATGsquatsonly
07-26-2013, 09:26 AM
If only D-Rose could've stayed healthy! He wouldve done work last year! Until he proves he can play multiple 82 game seasons he can't call himself the best

mophatthedamaja
07-26-2013, 10:10 AM
didn't read the thread.. i figured it was 4 pages of "he's right"

Fist-Of-Freedom
07-26-2013, 10:21 AM
LeBrick is going to show the true chump he is this year.

LiveOnce
07-26-2013, 10:24 AM
LeBrick is going to show the true chump he is this year.

Still calling him LeBrick? You must have missed game 7 of the finals pal. Buttered the net on every shot....Haters still around i see.

LiveOnce
07-26-2013, 10:25 AM
If only D-Rose could've stayed healthy! He wouldve done work last year! Until he proves he can play multiple 82 game seasons he can't call himself the best

He was cleared to come back and play during the playoffs. LOL he really woulda "done work" .

Represente
07-26-2013, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't consider him the best PG, let alone best player. We'll have to wait and see what kind of a year he has coming off this injury. He's had plenty of rest, that's for sure.

SaniK
07-26-2013, 04:49 PM
look at his assists as well jackass I like how you conveniently left that out. Or the 5% better FT percentage. And the fact that only 11 ****ing percent of his baskets were assisted meaning the ball was in his hands and he had to create AT ALL TIMES. No **** his TO number would be high. He didn't have D Wade there with him to defer to. The only person close in the top half of that list was Westbrook at 13% and he played with Durant. Rose straight up carried them on his back and won games down the stretch since nobody else on the team was an offensive threat or could create their own shot. It was amazing to watch. Like Roger said, anyone who actually paid attention knows he was well deserving.

lmao this is too good. I intentionally cherry-picked Rose's clutch stats to make a point at how stupid it was for you to cherry-pick his stats against Lebron and not only did you fall for it, you got angry at it. I wish you could appreciate how funny this is for me, but you probably never will be able to.

His assisted % is pretty low, but that wouldn't account for a doubled rate of turnovers. And I know Rose is good, I'm just saying Lebron was better that season.

I'm speechless and will describe this very simply. The season after Lebron left, they went from the 2nd best record to dead last. Actually, let me describe it like this. With Lebron they were the second best team in the league. After he left they were the worst team in the league. It seems that Lebron was a pretty valuable player to have that effect on a team's performance, perhaps the most in the league.

And you really don't understand how the world works if you believe those links. It would be a PR nightmare to not support Rose and be like "nah man Lebronbron shouldda had it!!". You just shut your mouth, congratulate whoever wins, and don't say anything. For instance, ESPN would have an hour long special saying "Kobe believes Rose didn't deserve MVP" and then every single game the announcers would point that out. There's certain things you don't do when the media is involved.

Anyways, I'm not arguing this anymore since it's pointless. I feel bad bumping this thread (****ty to begin with) each time to reply.

Str8FromNYC
07-26-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm speechless and will describe this very simply. The season after Lebron left, they went from the 2nd best record to dead last. Actually, let me describe it like this. With Lebron they were the second best team in the league. After he left they were the worst team in the league. It seems that Lebron was a pretty valuable player to have that effect on a team's performance, perhaps the most in the league.

And you really don't understand how the world works if you believe those links. It would be a PR nightmare to not support Rose and be like "nah man Lebronbron shouldda had it!!". You just shut your mouth, congratulate whoever wins, and don't say anything. For instance, ESPN would have an hour long special saying "Kobe believes Rose didn't deserve MVP" and then every single game the announcers would point that out. There's certain things you don't do when the media is involved.

Anyways, I'm not arguing this anymore since it's pointless. I feel bad bumping this thread (****ty to begin with) each time to reply.

says hes speechless

writes 2 paragraphs

RogerSterling
07-26-2013, 09:08 PM
lmao this is too good. I intentionally cherry-picked Rose's clutch stats to make a point at how stupid it was for you to cherry-pick his stats against Lebron and not only did you fall for it, you got angry at it. I wish you could appreciate how funny this is for me, but you probably never will be able to.

His assisted % is pretty low, but that wouldn't account for a doubled rate of turnovers. And I know Rose is good, I'm just saying Lebron was better that season.

so, again, phaggot, what does lebrons value to a ****ty cavs team in a totally separate season have to do with his value to the Heat a season later playing with d wade and bosh? you don't win the MVP retroactively, dumbass.

and save for Kobe's comment (which he didn't need to make,) every quote i've posted is from BEFORE rose won it............ god DAMN you are stupid. please get drunk and fall in a river.

FGCHENG
07-26-2013, 09:09 PM
I don't care what he says, I just want to see him out there playing basketball again.

Jaydawg08
06-15-2015, 10:34 AM
bump

kengriffeyjr
06-15-2015, 10:39 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/5lp5zn.jpg

YWOC
06-15-2015, 10:57 AM
Next year....with Hoiberg at the helm and another year of improved Jimmy/Niko/Snell + revamped roster with no Woatkim and Kirk....oh lawd

Rose will be a a top 3 MVP candidate if he stays healthy

BJohnny1988
06-15-2015, 11:27 AM
#blamelebron

aragon416
06-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Next year....with Hoiberg at the helm and another year of improved Jimmy/Niko/Snell + revamped roster with no Woatkim and Kirk....oh lawd

Rose will be a a top 3 MVP candidate if he stays healthy

http://www.themarsreel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/lebron-james-new-troll-face-27-in-a-row.jpg

arman24
06-15-2015, 12:53 PM
Fukin lol

wickedman
06-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Funny how different the message is coming from two players. For one player, arrogant, the other... sad and pathetic.

kengriffeyjr
06-15-2015, 01:09 PM
Funny how different the message is coming from two players. For one player, arrogant, the other... sad and pathetic.

one player is known as the humblebot. he probably feels awkward as fuk voicing what many around the league believe, that he is the next true goat. goat recognizes goat, which is why even kobe publicly lauds him.

the other player is a damn clown. says and does clown stuff ("the decision", "not 1, not 2","i'm confident, i'm the b-b-best, p-please believe me") because he is starved for attention. he's insecure as fuk. he's a loser at heart. nobody takes clowns seriously.

BullBoy8
06-15-2015, 03:21 PM
Funny how much bulls fans have hurt others feelings on here that they bump irrelevant stuff.

I cant wait to bump the lebron "i think I am the best" thread in 5 years and laugh at how dumb that statement is.

JmanTheJuiceman
06-15-2015, 03:41 PM
Funny how much bulls fans have hurt others feelings on here that they bump irrelevant stuff.

I cant wait to bump the lebron "i think I am the best" thread in 5 years and laugh at how dumb that statement is.

Holy chit you are a dumb if you don't see the relevance of this thread.

AriGhold
06-15-2015, 04:10 PM
Bulls fans still try to defend the statement because they are as tore up as Rosie's knees