PDA

View Full Version : Macros Question

health4life24
07-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Macros: 155g protein, 316g carbs, 130g fats

I had a brief period where I was not really eating and so I lost a little weight. Getting myself back together, I added more calories than what I had been consuming prior to the brief spell of not eating. I added some more fats and 22g carbs. So that comes out to 338g carbs. I have been getting very good results with what I have been doing so far, my inquirery is should I take out the 22g carbs and just leave it as is, or would it not be a bad idea to keep them. I train six days a week, and like I said I've been getting very good results.

SkydogGinsberg
07-21-2013, 09:09 AM
I have been getting very good results with what I have been doing so far, my inquirery is should I take out the 22g carbs and just leave it as is, or would it not be a bad idea to keep them. I train six days a week, and like I said I've been getting very good results.

Getting good results -- especially results that qualify in the "very good" results level is not usually a bad thing. Is there a different kind of result that you would like? :confused:

health4life24
07-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Getting good results -- especially results that qualify in the "very good" results level is not usually a bad thing. Is there a different kind of result that you would like? :confused:

No what I'm asking is if I had been getting good results with 316g carbs, do I really need to add that extra. The only reason why I added it is to see if I could get even better results. Idk, I'm very frustrated. This past week had completely thrown me...lost my grandfather and had had a night of a fever and throwing up. In back into it with training but I lost some weight and I think it is making me panicky and on edge, because I had been getting really good results.

SkydogGinsberg
07-21-2013, 09:30 AM
No what I'm asking is if I had been getting good results with 316g carbs, do I really need to add that extra. The only reason why I added it is to see if I could get even better results.
Leave it and see if, in the next couple of weeks, it's impacting your weight gain more than you want (I can't imagine is would -- it's less than 100cals.) Same with F -- you're already meeting minimum, it could come down if you're gaining "more than/faster than" approrpriate, but otherwise leave it. Re-check at 2 weeks and at 4 weeks.

This past week had completely thrown me...lost my grandfather and had had a night of a fever and throwing up.
Sry to hear that! I know that feel - was very close to mine. :( But the good memories will always be -- carry on.

digistp
07-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Won't cause any problems

health4life24
07-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Getting set back like I did just really ****s with my mental state and I make these adjustments. But maybe it'll work.