PDA

View Full Version : Eat crappy food or just eat nothing?

SPREEw
07-17-2013, 05:59 AM
So that's pretty much my question. I'm trying to gain muscle in a good way.
I've been training for more than 1 year. 132lbs to 152lbs of almost pure muscle.
But since 2-3 months i'm not gaining any more mass, probably loosing body fat.

I'm asking myself if I've not been eating enough, probably the case xD. I'm about 9-10%, and I've been eating a lot of healthy and high protein food.
But sometimes I ask myself if I want to gain mass, and I'm not in range of GOOD/HEALTHY food, is it better to eat crap food to get above your calorie intake to gain mass, or is it just better to not eat it?
Since I'm a young student, and now doing a student job I don't have time to constantly eat good meals. My dinner and lunch are most of the time healthy so would it be a disaster if between those I eat not so healthy stuff to try to gain mass?

mjdieth
07-17-2013, 06:03 AM
So that's pretty much my question. I'm trying to gain muscle in a good way.
I've been training for more than 1 year. 132lbs to 152lbs of almost pure muscle.
But since 2-3 months i'm not gaining any more mass, probably loosing body fat.

I'm asking myself if I've not been eating enough, probably the case xD. I'm about 9-10%, and I've been eating a lot of healthy and high protein food.
But sometimes I ask myself if I want to gain mass, and I'm not in range of GOOD/HEALTHY food, is it better to eat crap food to get above your calorie intake to gain mass, or is it just better to not eat it?
Since I'm a young student, and now doing a student job I don't have time to constantly eat good meals. My dinner and lunch are most of the time healthy so would it be a disaster if between those I eat not so healthy stuff to try to gain mass?

If you are not gaining anymore eat your so called "crap". Not eating more at all will not put on weight.

KayPS
07-17-2013, 06:15 AM
To gain weight, you simply need to be in an energy surplus. Consume more calories than you expend.

Of course, whole, minimally processed foods will be best for micronutrient sufficiency and overall health.

SPREEw
07-22-2013, 05:21 PM
My biggest problem is that I cant eat while I'm working, the only food or drink that is available is soda, water, biscuits and some candy( dont ask why ).
I'm moving a lot, so I burn a lot of calories. Is it right to take sugar (soda, biscuits) at that moment cuz its like a mini cardio but in a long period of time?

Soon2beHulk
07-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Just eat at a surplus. re-calculate your needs to check and see if they're accurate.

SPREEw
07-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Im around 8% of bodyfat and I want to do a clean bulk so I wont gain any fat or just a little bit while gaining muscle.
At this moment when im burning calories is it all right to take some fast sugars or it doesnt really matter?

cumminslifter
07-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Im around 8% of bodyfat and I want to do a clean bulk so I wont gain any fat or just a little bit while gaining muscle.
At this moment when im burning calories is it all right to take some fast sugars or it doesnt really matter?as long as you are meeting macros, micros and fiber