PDA

View Full Version : what does BB.com do with returned whey?

zronv2
07-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Do they throw it away, recycle it? resell it? just curious.

zronv2
07-11-2013, 08:52 PM
anyone know?

BlueRev
07-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Send it back to the company who sent the whey.
Then they send it back to the manufacturer.
Then they toss it.

Muddschell
07-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Send it back to the company who sent the whey.
Then they send it back to the manufacturer.
Then they toss it.

"supposed" to sent it back to the manufacturer

Most of they time they just trash it

They dont resell/recycle it, I've seen 100% perfect, still in plastic wrapping, 5lb protein tubs tossed away

Ex-bb.com employee here

BlueRev
07-11-2013, 09:02 PM

Ex-bb.com employee here
In deep red you sit and wait for your chance to spring back into life to rule the world of bb.com once more.
The hopes and dreams are few and far though my friend. Few and far.

E_P_C
07-11-2013, 09:03 PM
They dump it all in a giant water tank. When you reach platinum account status you get 1 hour to swim in the pool and eat as much protein as you can

People have gotten zyzz like gains from doing this

BlueRev
07-11-2013, 09:05 PM
They dump it all in a giant water tank. When you reach platinum account status you get 1 hour to swim in the pool and eat as much protein as you can

Even though you mentioned the name thou who should not be spoken i will rep you because this sarcastic comment made me lol

KwayZee
07-11-2013, 09:05 PM

A good chuckle was achieved from this.

E_P_C
07-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Even though you mentioned the name thou who should not be spoken i will rep you because this sarcastic comment made me lol

Meh I doubt TP is around to neg

BlueRev
07-11-2013, 09:09 PM
i heard the last person to think that said the name and it sent a text to TP's phone and he instantly neg'd with his mind.

Muddschell
07-11-2013, 09:10 PM
In deep red you sit and wait for your chance to spring back into life to rule the world of bb.com once more.
The hopes and dreams are few and far though my friend. Few and far.

I haven't stopped ruling this place.

Being red only makes me stand out more

Jelly all around

FDR --- "Speak softly and carry a big red stick; you will go far,"

RaginAzN
07-11-2013, 09:14 PM

Say his name 2 more times and see what happens...

i heard the last person to think that said the name and it sent a text to TP's phone and he instantly neg'd with his mind.

^^Well after you quoting him and also saying the dreaded name, almost for sure that he will be in here any moment now...

E_P_C
07-11-2013, 09:14 PM
i heard the last person to think that said the name and it sent a text to TP's phone and he instantly neg'd with his mind.unless he has 216 negs on standby I think I'm good ;)

RaginAzN
07-11-2013, 09:15 PM
unless he has 216 negs on standby I think I'm good ;)

He has over 1 million rep, pepper your angus bro, even I won't be able to save you :(

BlueRev
07-11-2013, 09:18 PM
He has over 1 million rep, pepper your angus bro, even I won't be able to save you :(
WE CAN TRY!
hope is not lost!
http://moazmodernvinyl.com/shop/images/S008.jpg

NorCalMike
07-11-2013, 09:19 PM

They dont resell/recycle it, I've seen 100% perfect, still in plastic wrapping, 5lb protein tubs tossed away

Ex-bb.com employee here

The Tallahassee warehouse? What was your position?

RaginAzN
07-11-2013, 09:22 PM
WE CAN TRY!
hope is not lost!
http://moazmodernvinyl.com/shop/images/S008.jpg

lol

E_P_C
07-11-2013, 09:25 PM
The Tallahassee warehouse? What was your position?protein pool filler

BlueRev
07-11-2013, 09:28 PM
in b4 Op was trying to figure out if he can buy it cheap, E_P_C got da pepper, then out of nowhere a white dude and a bulky asian save him
Could replace days of our lives tbh...

Muddschell
07-11-2013, 09:43 PM
The Tallahassee warehouse? What was your position?

packer/shipper brah

summer job

got all the free stuff i wanted too, was legit

NorCalMike
07-11-2013, 09:46 PM
packer/shipper brah

summer job

got all the free stuff i wanted too, was legit

Nice. Probably a cool summer job for a student; of which there's a couple big colleges there.

The people on the phone seem pretty happy unlike a typical call center slave environment. Wondered about the warehouse crew.

Did you get all your protein powder free?

Muddschell
07-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Nice. Probably a cool summer job for a student; of which there's a couple big colleges there.

The people on the phone seem pretty happy unlike a typical call center slave environment. Wondered about the warehouse crew.

Did you get all your protein powder free?

I got everything they were gonna "throw away" for free

Its a pretty labor intensive job, wore out at the end of the day

NorCalMike
07-11-2013, 10:03 PM
I got everything they were gonna "throw away" for free

Its a pretty labor intensive job, wore out at the end of the day

I just google mapped the place (Midway, FL) and the warehouse is in the middle of no-where. Like a one stoplight kinda town.

What's the best or most expensive product you got for free?

Ammex
07-11-2013, 10:35 PM
ITT - people consider a job regardless of duties and pay if it has the slightest chance of providing free silos that has had who knows what done with them.

Muddschell
07-11-2013, 11:09 PM
I just google mapped the place (Midway, FL) and the warehouse is in the middle of no-where. Like a one stoplight kinda town.

What's the best or most expensive product you got for free?

Its right off the highway, everything around it is industrial buildings, its not really a town, nobody lives there

You name it, it was there. They were going to throw stuff out, = free

NorCalMike
07-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Its right off the highway, everything around it is industrial buildings, its not really a town, nobody lives there

You name it, it was there. They were going to throw stuff out, = free

I'll rep you when I can. Looks like some angry miscers ran a neg train :o. You're considered a 2nd class citizen on an internet forum, not a big deal!

Big.Jazayrli
07-12-2013, 01:35 AM

Ever bought any budget products? makes ya wonder... ;)

Muddschell
07-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Ever bought any budget products? makes ya wonder... ;)

always wondered about those B2G1 deals...

just so happens that, its just a sale, and not a product thats about to expire (like places like grocery stores do)

Muddschell
07-12-2013, 03:12 PM
I'll rep you when I can. Looks like some angry miscers ran a neg train :o. You're considered a 2nd class citizen on an internet forum, not a big deal!

mod was hurt that I called out his online forum friends. Tis the only power he holds against me

Roke
07-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Legend says that the protein is kept in an island somewhere and whomever could find it would have eternal gains.

But seriously, it's 100% illegal to resell an opened item and could result in severe penalties. What if someone coughed or put their virus on the product?

BlueRev
07-12-2013, 09:08 PM
mod was hurt that I called out his online forum friends. Tis the only power he holds against me
Proof.

NorCalMike
07-12-2013, 09:27 PM

Sorry to hear dude. Losers on this site like to keep the reds from ever "moving up" by continuously negging them into the deep red. But stay strong man. You may be red on a bb'ing forum but you are a real person just like the people with the green squares! Lol i repped u btw.

parth95
07-12-2013, 09:47 PM
I clicked on this tread solely to learn about the question of the OP...
I ended up laughing throughout the whole reading..Thanks guys!
Will rep for the laughs when I can..

Wishing there was a warehouse in Texas..

Muddschell
07-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Legend says that the protein is kept in an island somewhere and whomever could find it would have eternal gains.

But seriously, it's 100% illegal to resell an opened item and could result in severe penalties. What if someone coughed or put their virus on the product?

Yea they dont even resell the stuff that comes back 100% perfect. So lets say, if you sent your order back because they messed it up, everything you sent back would be tossed in the trash

Valhallabound86
07-13-2013, 12:02 PM
They ship it to TP for his litter box.

NorCalMike
07-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Yea they dont even resell the stuff that comes back 100% perfect. So lets say, if you sent your order back because they messed it up, everything you sent back would be tossed in the trash

They don't trash the sealed products tho? They can put it back on the shelves

nebraskaheat
07-13-2013, 01:07 PM

No, I think they would have to trash that too.. Broke the chain of "custody" and can no longer be guaranteed to have the listed ingredients once given to a customer and then returned..

Muddschell
07-13-2013, 01:31 PM

Yea they have to trash the sealed product if returned. I've gotten many of ON whey tubs that were returned, they had the plastic wrapping on the lid still. Good enough for me.

lifthard72
07-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Yea they have to trash the sealed product if returned. I've gotten many of ON whey tubs that were returned, they had the plastic wrapping on the lid still. Good enough for me. MIRIN hard. will try to rep you out of red with my mighty 1100 rep power ;)

NorCalMike
07-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Yea they have to trash the sealed product if returned. I've gotten many of ON whey tubs that were returned, they had the plastic wrapping on the lid still. Good enough for me.

brb moving to Tallahassee Florida and dumpster diving at the BB.com warehouse for free protein.

I get the vast majority of my protein from powder lately, can imagine the savings over time. That's great they let the employees have that.

MIRIN hard. will try to rep you out of red with my mighty 1100 rep power ;)

I think he's deep. Will try to rep again when i can

Muddschell
07-13-2013, 02:48 PM
brb moving to Tallahassee Florida and dumpster diving at the BB.com warehouse for free protein.

I get the vast majority of my protein from powder lately, can imagine the savings over time. That's great they let the employees have that.

I think he's deep. Will try to rep again when i can

You can also see the where the abuse of that system comes into play. Employee's breaking the seal around tubs on "accident" so it cant be sold. Therefore getting it for free. They had to crack down on that hard. Pretty sure I was the only person working there that actually lifted. Except the warehouse GM, that guy was jack diesel. People were prob selling the stuff on the streets for extra cash.

lol I was -170k, only -50k now. Somebody big hit me up

NorCalMike
07-13-2013, 03:31 PM
You can also see the where the abuse of that system comes into play. Employee's breaking the seal around tubs on "accident" so it cant be sold. Therefore getting it for free. They had to crack down on that hard. Pretty sure I was the only person working there that actually lifted. Except the warehouse GM, that guy was jack diesel. People were prob selling the stuff on the streets for extra cash.

lol I was -170k, only -50k now. Somebody big hit me up

lol. Probably a lot of the ON Hydrowhey seals were magically broken and other expensive chit. Too bad lowlifes want even more free stuff then they are already given.

Were there any other perks? How is Tally? Strange location for a warehouse as there's no big airport/interstate and it's isolated. You'd think they'd put it in Jacksonville etc. if they wanted a warehouse in in North Florida/Georgia area

This is interesting, you deserve the reps bro ;)

snorkelman
07-13-2013, 03:42 PM
People were prob selling the stuff on the streets for extra cash.

Wondered if THAT's what got you red

NorCalMike
07-13-2013, 04:09 PM

http://i55.tinypic.com/9rh7pd.jpg

Muddschell
07-13-2013, 06:03 PM
lol. Probably a lot of the ON Hydrowhey seals were magically broken and other expensive chit. Too bad lowlifes want even more free stuff then they are already given.

Were there any other perks? How is Tally? Strange location for a warehouse as there's no big airport/interstate and it's isolated. You'd think they'd put it in Jacksonville etc. if they wanted a warehouse in in North Florida/Georgia area

This is interesting, you deserve the reps bro ;)

They pay your gym membership when you work for them, lol

Haven't lived in tally for over a year, go back every so often, and for the football games.

The warehouse is like 1 minute from I-10. Serves everything the Pennsylvania/Idaho warehouses dont. Not a bad location I don't think.

So much hate against somebody thats red. Neg-trained in one of those "crew" topics including a mod that was butthurt is all

BlueRev
07-13-2013, 06:08 PM
People were prob selling the stuff on the streets for extra cash.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/a0d/a19/07b/resized/joe-paterno-meme-generator-snitches-get-stitches-34d6cb.jpg

NorCalMike
07-13-2013, 07:03 PM
They pay your gym membership when you work for them, lol

Haven't lived in tally for over a year, go back every so often, and for the football games.

The warehouse is like 1 minute from I-10. Serves everything the Pennsylvania/Idaho warehouses dont. Not a bad location I don't think.

Free membership and a lot of employees still won't even workout, what a shame. Hmm must have not caught the freeway on a map, that changes things a lot. I'm a big cfb fan and FSU blew it last year :o.

XCriticalBenchX
07-13-2013, 07:27 PM

Ex-bb.com employee here

Sealed? I woulda stole it!!

I once worked at a restuarant (Fuddruckers), we made tons of baked goods. Brownies expired every other day, we use to throw out 30+ gorgeous, perfectly fine brownies.. owner said we couldn't take em, had to be thrown up. F*ck that, nobody listened, its not like he was there at midnight when closing haha. We use to bring loafs of bread, brownies, cookies, burgers, fries, etc. everything that had to be tossed, we took :p

mike

NorCalMike
07-13-2013, 07:36 PM

I once worked at a restuarant (Fuddruckers), we made tons of baked goods. Brownies expired every other day, we use to throw out 30+ gorgeous, perfectly fine brownies.. owner said we couldn't take em, had to be thrown up. F*ck that, nobody listened, its not like he was there at midnight when closing haha. We use to bring loafs of bread, brownies, cookies, burgers, fries, etc. everything that had to be tossed, we took :p

mike

A lot of corporate places have BS bureaucratic rules that say it must thrown out. Instead of giving it to someone (employees, poor people etc) let's just throw perfectly good food in the trash! Grocery stores do it a lot too.

12ccopeland
07-13-2013, 07:42 PM
They ship it to TP for his litter box.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7Q1cz_fTFFGUlQarEyqKnwUrls3VkJ sN0tyon3K07Xm0CK6RrEQ

TPs cat makes all kindz a gains

BigBoLuke93
07-13-2013, 07:44 PM

mike

A lot of corporate places have BS bureaucratic rules that say it must thrown out. Instead of giving it to someone (employees, poor people etc) let's just throw perfectly good food in the trash! Grocery stores do it a lot too.

I know people who have literally gotten fired for taking the leftover burgers/fries/nuggets, etc. from fast food chains at the end of the night at closing when they are supposed to be thrown out.
Very stupid rule.

Muddschell
07-13-2013, 08:14 PM
lol so I remember this one time at the warehouse.

Inventory is checked once a month.

There was 13 extenze boxes missing lol. (Yes bb.com carries extenze, never knew until then)

they are kept in the far back of the warehouse where cameras don't see down the isle of shelves. Somebody gettin their slim jim hard

cforfa
07-13-2013, 10:03 PM

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/194037-1/Hoover-vacuum-snorting-cocaine.gif

BORNBULLY
07-14-2013, 01:23 AM
LOL!! Great many laughs!!

snorkelman
07-14-2013, 04:34 AM
Muddschell, don't let me rustle ya jimmies ;)

I know people who have literally gotten fired for taking the leftover burgers/fries/nuggets, etc. from fast food chains at the end of the night at closing when they are supposed to be thrown out.
Very stupid rule.

The real reason is 2-fold. It is a liability issue. When the food is older, if someone (even a poor person eats it) if they get sick, they can sue. It can cost a lot of money. But if you have a policy saying must throw away, the business can avoid liability by blaming a rouge employee.

Also, if you have a rule and you want to fire an employee, but you can't get them for anything else, but you know they took food, you can blame the policy violation.

Muddschell
07-14-2013, 05:03 PM
The real reason is 2-fold. It is a liability issue. When the food is older, if someone (even a poor person eats it) if they get sick, they can sue. It can cost a lot of money. But if you have a policy saying must throw away, the business can avoid liability by blaming a rouge employee.

Also, if you have a rule and you want to fire an employee, but you can't get them for anything else, but you know they took food, you can blame the policy violation.

Yea I worked for a place that used to give away its extra food to the HOMELESS SHELTER, somebody got sick there and tried legal action. Don't know what the outcome was since it was before my time, but that's why we can't have nice things anymore

NorCalMike
07-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Look who's green!! You made it brah. Now go neg some pathetic Reds

BlueRev
07-14-2013, 05:21 PM

Dis.

Muddschell
07-14-2013, 11:26 PM

we all gon' make it brah