PDA

View Full Version : Love Handles getting "Larger"

mavajo
07-10-2013, 05:30 PM
I've noticed this on some other guys when I've seen their progress photos, and it's happening to me too -- the love handles actually get more prominent as you lose weight. Obviously, I had love handles when I started. But now that I've lost 25+ pounds, it's like I've got two big meaty, flabby wings around my waist.

Not looking for advice or anything -- I know it'll go away eventually once I've burned enough fat. It's just a weird little phenomenon. It's almost as if the remaining fat around my mid-section has decided to settle in around my waist.

(Avatar photo doesn't really show it. It gets really apparent after I've worked out, for whatever reason. It's like exercise makes it really settle in around my waist, and then it kinda disperses back out while I sleep.)

NickA44
07-10-2013, 05:33 PM
quit working your oblique
you build muscle and it pushes your fat out more

unless you are an athlete that needs a strong core to preform well , you don't need to work your obliques unless you are like 10% or less

mavajo
07-10-2013, 05:36 PM
quit working your oblique
you build muscle and it pushes your fat out more

unless you are an athlete that needs a strong core to preform well , you don't need to work your obliques unless you are like 10% or less

Well I wasn't looking for advice, but I'm glad you offered it. I have been working out my obliques, though I wasn't trying to target them specifically -- I've just been doing a general core routine. I'll be sure to adjust it. Thanks man!

sourmash1973
07-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Since he's cutting, I doubt he is building enough muscle to push them out. Just my opinion.

For a lot of guys, love handles go last. So as your body composition changes and other areas shrink, your love handles are gonna look bigger. They are actually probably getting smaller, just slower than everything else.

deanjcrawford
07-10-2013, 07:14 PM
For a lot of guys, love handles go last. So as your body composition changes and other areas shrink, your love handles are gonna look bigger. They are actually probably getting smaller, just slower than everything else.

I'm not as knowledgeable as most on here, but i would agree with this. My first post on this board was about my strange love handles. But when i found some photos of my back from a year ago, i was shocked to see the size of my back, as in it had shrunk considerably, but my love handles were only slightly smaller. They have since gone down so i'm guessing they just take longer to shrink. I hope!

Ralikar
07-10-2013, 07:19 PM
So you're posting on the forum for no advice? Okay: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

mavajo
07-11-2013, 04:29 AM
So you're posting on the forum for no advice? Okay: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's called conversation/discussion. The advice is obvious - "keep cutting fat." Though the oblique thing interested me. I have trouble believing my obliques have grown enough to push the fat, but it is most prominent after I workout.

speeddemon11L
07-11-2013, 04:36 AM
I'm not as knowledgeable as most on here, but i would agree with this. My first post on this board was about my strange love handles. But when i found some photos of my back from a year ago, i was shocked to see the size of my back, as in it had shrunk considerably, but my love handles were only slightly smaller. They have since gone down so i'm guessing they just take longer to shrink. I hope!

This is what I have seen as well. Everything else has shrunk considerably. Even the love handles have shrunk down, just not quite as much as everything else. It's frustrating, but just another price we have to pay for getting that big in the first place. I just use it as yet another reason not to do that again!

deanjcrawford
07-11-2013, 07:03 AM
This is what I have seen as well. Everything else has shrunk considerably. Even the love handles have shrunk down, just not quite as much as everything else. It's frustrating, but just another price we have to pay for getting that big in the first place. I just use it as yet another reason not to do that again!

Exactly. I've got those photos to hand and will look at them most days when i feel like i'm going to pig out or don't fancy the gym!