PDA

View Full Version : Killa Kelly decides academic fraud is no big deal

Benski9
07-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Notre Dame quarterback Everett Golson will return to the Fighting Irish in the spring, he said Saturday.

More on Notre Dame football

Notre Dame Everything Notre Dame football, from recruiting to news to game coverage, is available from ESPN.com's Matt Fortuna in his Notre Dame football blog.
More: ESPN Chicago's college blog

In May, the Irish suspended Golson for the 2013 season for "poor academic judgment."

"I will be returning in the spring, that's pretty much it," Golson told television station WPDE in Myrtle Beach, S.C., where he was attending a charity basketball tournament.

Golson started 11 games for the Fighting Irish last season as a redshirt freshman, leading the team to the Discover BCS National Championship, where it lost to Alabama to finish a 12-1 season.

"I've been working out, keeping my head up," Golson said. "I've had a little adversity but I've learned you can't sit down and just take that, you got to pick yourself back up and keep going forward and continue doing what you were doing and everything is going to work itself out in the end."

He completed 187 of 318 passes for 2,405 yards and 12 touchdowns with six interceptions last season. Golson also rushed for 298 yards and six scores.

SwagMorris
07-07-2013, 07:21 PM
What's the usual time table for a normal student to be allowed to attend school again after a similar situation? 1-2 semesters does seem pretty short.

AriGhold
07-07-2013, 07:37 PM
well this was the punishment notre dame game. gholston reacted without thinking about it first and said he was leaving the school. i think a season long suspension is a fair enough punishment.