PDA

View Full Version : Bible signed by Einstein sells for $68,500 in NYC

TranceNRG
07-04-2013, 07:21 PM
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/bible-signed-einstein-sells-68500-nyc

The Bible was part of a fine books and manuscripts auction at Bonhams on Tuesday. The German-born physicist and his wife signed it in 1932 and gifted it to an American friend named Harriett Hamilton.

The auction house says Einstein writes in the German inscription the Bible "is a great source of wisdom and consolation and should be read frequently."

TheSuperAmadeus
07-04-2013, 07:25 PM
why do people always say he was athiest?

NephilimRising
07-04-2013, 07:26 PM

Pretty sure he was a deist.

kusok
07-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Whoever buys this should have all his wealth confiscated for stupidity and inability to do something good or useful with it. Probably doesn't produce anything, and inherited it anyway, or stole it. People who pay 65k for a Bible should be done away with.

inb4 Nutsy and Zen Bowman commie authoritarian dictator kusok blah blah blah blah blah

TheSuperAmadeus
07-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Pretty sure he was a deist.

yea thats what i thought but it seems like im constantly told by someone he was athiest, like as in "Einstein was athiest and he was a genius" etc

2k10SS
07-04-2013, 07:29 PM
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/39426772.jpg

BEATINGU
07-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Whoever buys this should have all his wealth confiscated for stupidity and inability to do something good or useful with it. Probably doesn't produce anything, and inherited it anyway, or stole it. People who pay 65k for a Bible should be done away with.

inb4 Nutsy and Zen Bowman commie authoritarian dictator kusok blah blah blah blah blah

What do you produce other than terrible posts?

GDPONE
07-04-2013, 07:32 PM

Because having respect and believing in the power of the bible doesn't mean you believe in god.

dakensta
07-04-2013, 08:13 PM
yeah, people always say he was atheist.

The professor of a university challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?" A student answered bravely, "Yes, he did".

The professor then asked, "If God created everything, then he created evil. Since evil exists (as noticed by our own actions), so God is evil. The student couldn't respond to that statement causing the professor to conclude that he had "proved" that "belief in God" was a fairy tale, and therefore worthless.

Another student raised his hand and asked the professor, "May I pose a question? " "Of course" answered the professor.

The young student stood up and asked : "Professor does Cold exists?"

The professor answered, "What kind of question is that? ...Of course the cold exists... haven't you ever been cold?"

The young student answered, "In fact sir, Cold does not exist. According to the laws of Physics, what we consider cold, in fact is the absence of heat. Anything is able to be studied as long as it transmits energy (heat). Absolute Zero is the total absence of heat, but cold does not exist. What we have done is create a term to describe how we feel if we don't have body heat or we are not hot."

"And, does Dark exist?", he continued. The professor answered "Of course". This time the student responded, "Again you're wrong, Sir. Darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in fact simply the absence of light. Light can be studied, darkness can not. Darkness cannot be broken down. A simple ray of light tears the darkness and illuminates the surface where the light beam finishes. Dark is a term that we humans have created to describe what happens when there's lack of light."

Finally, the student asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?" The professor replied, "Of course it exists, as I mentioned at the beginning, we see violations, crimes and violence anywhere in the world, and those things are evil."

The student responded, "Sir, Evil does not exist. Just as in the previous cases, Evil is a term which man has created to describe the result of the absence of God's presence in the hearts of man."

After this, the professor bowed down his head, and didn't answer back.

The young man's name was ALBERT EINSTEIN.

And they certainly don't make shyt up.

GregariousWolf
07-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Einstein didn't believe in a personal deity, of course. He is saying there is wisdom in reading the thoughts of our forebears. I can't disagree there.

BerserkFury69
07-04-2013, 09:47 PM
“I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings.”

“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”

“My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment.”

- Albert Einstein

tsbalr120
07-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Very cool buy.

Also kusok is gaining troll points on scuba while he's banned

kusok
07-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Very cool buy.

Also kusok is gaining troll points on scuba while he's banned

Shut up Lib.

LMAO!!!

tsbalr120
07-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Shut up Lib.

LMAO!!!

Lib:

You hate the rich huh, u want them to pay their fair share instead of spending their own money. LMAO Why don't you move to North Korea you commie

LMFAO

Libtard

inb4presidentlashergetsmebanned

NephilimRising
07-04-2013, 11:01 PM
And they certainly don't make shyt up.

I overheard three people talking about how Einstein mathematically proved the existence of God and "the thing about math is that you can't argue with it because 2+2 always equals 4, I'll send you the e-mail".

Also, supposedly Einstein died the day before he was supposed to present the proof.

I know that Einstein's friend and mathematician Kurt Godel believed in God.

sawoobley
07-05-2013, 12:26 AM
Because having respect and believing in the power of the bible doesn't mean you believe in god.

Brb, respecting a book talking about God and the teaching of prophets and a man claiming to be the son of God and thinking there is power in the book when you believe the whole thing is fairytale. lol

http://www.lolbrary.com/content/444/interdasting-36444.gif

xHagrid
07-05-2013, 02:01 AM

How dare someone spend their money how ever they want!

The_Zodiac
07-05-2013, 02:04 AM

You mean 65K for an Einstein signature and message about his thoughts and character.

GreatOldOne
07-05-2013, 05:39 AM
Autographing the bible. That is a piece of genius trollwork.

"is a great source of wisdom and consolation and should be read frequently."

BFast55
07-05-2013, 05:47 AM

LOL strong atheist hate

kusok
07-05-2013, 07:18 AM
How dare someone spend their money how ever they want!

If you spend 65k on a book, you're sick in the head. On many many levels.

NephilimRising
07-05-2013, 08:24 AM
If you spend 65k on a book, you're sick in the head. On many many levels.

I agree with this 100%.

If Einstein was anything like Feynman, then he would never approve of this type of idol worship. And that's exactly what paying 65k for a book signed by someone is.....it's idol worship.

1devil
07-05-2013, 08:27 AM
why do people always say he was athiest?I agree with Einstein on the bible, and I'm an athiest. The bible just like greek mythology, and numerous other such writings teaches some very valuable lessons. What's your point?

kusok
07-05-2013, 08:42 AM
I agree with Einstein on the bible, and I'm an athiest. The bible just like greek mythology, and numerous other such writings teaches some very valuable lessons. What's your point?

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb235/kusokosla/biblewarning5hl_zps71208f84.jpg (http://s209.photobucket.com/user/kusokosla/media/biblewarning5hl_zps71208f84.jpg.html)

anonymousceleb
07-05-2013, 08:52 AM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb235/kusokosla/biblewarning5hl_zps71208f84.jpg (http://s209.photobucket.com/user/kusokosla/media/biblewarning5hl_zps71208f84.jpg.html)

Strong juxtaposition between picture and creationist in signature.

kusok
07-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Strong juxtaposition between picture and creationist in signature.

I don't have to agree with Ron Paul on everything in order to support some of his stuff. I think he is miserably wrong on some things like religion, abortion etc., but I think Americans have made a dramatic mistake not electing him long ago, because I think he is correct on two most important things: inflation and war.