PDA

View Full Version : What is "too low" for net carb intake?

TilTheWorldEnds
07-04-2013, 06:05 PM
What is generally considered "too low"? I know everyone is different, but I am curious what the general "rule" is.

digistp
07-04-2013, 06:30 PM
As carbs are not an essential macronutrient, there is no minimum requirement. You will have to find what works for you.. however many carbs it takes to maximize energy and performance in the gym.

cumminslifter
07-04-2013, 07:38 PM
there are no such thing as "too low" of carbs, carbs are not needed

TilTheWorldEnds
07-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Ok sweet, thank you guys...

(since they aren't needed why do people eat so many? )

KobiDC
07-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Ok sweet, thank you guys...

(since they aren't needed why do people eat so many? )

Just because they're not needed, doesn't mean they don't have benefits. Carbohydrates are our bodies 'preferred' source of energy, they're cheap, tasty, and well... I love carbs. :p

TilTheWorldEnds
07-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Just because they're not needed, doesn't mean they don't have benefits. Carbohydrates are our bodies 'preferred' source of energy, they're cheap, tasty, and well... I love carbs. :p

Hmm, ok... is that the main benefit(s) "tasty" and "cheap" ? lol

KobiDC
07-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Hmm, ok... is that the main benefit(s) "tasty" and "cheap" ? lol

Nope - unless you're in a state of ketosis, you'll find it hard performing adequately in the gym without CHO. Even for some individuals in ketosis, they'd do better off eating carbs - it's not for all people.

TilTheWorldEnds
07-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Nope - unless you're in a state of ketosis, you'll find it hard performing adequately in the gym without CHO. Even for some individuals in ketosis, they'd do better off eating carbs - it's not for all people.

Awesome thank you, one last question what is generally low, mod and high?

KobiDC
07-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Awesome thank you, one last question what is generally low, mod and high?

Depends on the individual - different people have different caloric needs. As a basic thumb rule though, for decent performance in the gym I would aim to get over 100g+ of CHO daily. :)

TilTheWorldEnds
07-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Depends on the individual - different people have different caloric needs. As a basic thumb rule though, for decent performance in the gym I would aim to get over 100g+ of CHO daily. :)

Im just netting 70 ish and totalling around 100 ish so thats good to know, thank you so much, :)

cumminslifter
07-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Awesome thank you, one last question what is generally low, mod and high?like kobi said its individual but under 100g is low carb IMO

APipeDream
07-05-2013, 09:14 AM
like kobi said its individual but under 100g is low carb IMO

Only fueling the "different for everyone" fact, but I personally don't feel energetic enough for my workouts without consuming at least 350g daily.

softpounder
07-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Only fueling the "different for everyone" fact, but I personally don't feel energetic enough for my workouts without consuming at least 350g daily.

Same in here.

Even when I was doing a small cut, I was eating 300g+ a day.

TilTheWorldEnds
07-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys...

i thought loss of/excess of energy was based on amount of calories though and not amount of carbs?
Am I wrong?

(this may be why i am so tired?)

softpounder
07-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks guys...

i thought loss of/excess of energy was based on amount of calories though and not amount of carbs?
Am I wrong?

(this may be why i am so tired?)

Everyone may work differently. Some swears by keto (<30g carbs), and some prefers carbs as their main source of energy.

GlitchedLift
07-05-2013, 03:04 PM
I just came of keto eating less than 20gs a day

clintbissonnette
07-05-2013, 03:35 PM
yeah best if you experment with carb levels and sources like i find my body doesnt like bread as much as rice and potatoes everyone is different

cumminslifter
07-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Everyone may work differently. Some swears by keto (<30g carbs), and some prefers carbs as their main source of energy.this^^^ I need my carbs, no way I could go below 200g and function optimally, I have tried