PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend cant lose weight!! HELP!!!!

Seank22
07-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Hi, my girlfriend is trying to lose weight and im baffled on why she's not. Its been about 5 weeks and she's lost 2 pounds. She uses MFP and is on a 1 pound loss a week at lightly active and she was eating 1590 calories. She didn't loss any weight and we bumped it down to 1330 and she still hasn't lost any weight. She has a lot of muscle and is already very lean. We workout 4 days a week lifting heavy and we do cardio 4 days as well.Probably only needs to lose 5-7 pounds. She's 5'6 124. So does anyone have any solutions?? Thanks

Seank22
07-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Advocare's 24 day challenge will work for her! My girlfriend was avid exerciser doing cardio daily with no weight loss.. Then added the challenge and lost 11 lbs which is all she had to lose really.. My email is tdubbs_07@hotmail.com. I've personally coached many females, males, and couples through their challenges!
I appreciate the response but I dont think she'll want to spend the money. is there any other solutions?

blownsi
07-03-2013, 05:19 AM
Yes, have her stop reading packages and use the scale for inputting foods into MFP. Just because the package says a serving is 2oz don't go by that. Calculate by grams when possible. Also watch out for things that can be measured by teaspoon, tablespoon etc. Don't use the ones in your silverware drawer, use a measuring spoon. All of this is a PITA but it's worth it. I was miscalculating calories by 300/day by trusting the nutritional facts labels.

MrM27
07-03-2013, 05:52 AM
At 5'6 124 honestly how fast do you expect the weight to be coming off. Regardless of what you or her may think she's lost 2 pounds in 5 weeks that's almost .5 lbs per week. That is a good healthy rate. If she is tracking meticulously with MFP, lifting heavy and getting a good amount of protein in her diet then she is doing things right.

You will always here that the last 5/10 pounds are always the hardest to lose and this is true. Many people get impatient and quit. With her wanting to lose another 5 lbs it will take a couple of weeks if done correctly, be patient. Something tells me though that she probably looks fine now and is just being overly critical. Either way the solution is....patience.

biggoron
07-03-2013, 07:10 AM
At 5'6 124 honestly how fast do you expect the weight to be coming off. Regardless of what you or her may think she's lost 2 pounds in 5 weeks that's almost .5 lbs per week. That is a good healthy rate. If she is tracking meticulously with MFP, lifting heavy and getting a good amount of protein in her diet then she is doing things right.

You will always here that the last 5/10 pounds are always the hardest to lose and this is true. Many people get impatient and quit. With her wanting to lose another 5 lbs it will take a couple of weeks if done correctly, be patient. Something tells me though that she probably looks fine now and is just being overly critical. Either way the solution is....patience.

this. OP your girl is lean at 124. She can't lose much more without starving. srs