PDA

View Full Version : Cutting process?

Lionheart82
07-01-2013, 05:01 AM
I've been cutting for a few months now and have gone down 5% bf but seemed to have stalled. I was on 1600 cals and dropped to 1400 and saw a drop of 1% so am now on 1400 cals a day. My question is what is the cutting cycle? Do i drop to 1200 and keep dropping which obviously doesn't make sense because we all know we cant keep dropping cals lol Do i reset on my maintenance and just repeat the process? and at which point do i reset back to maintenance?

Thanx :)

matman1813
07-01-2013, 05:13 AM
First thing to do is double check your tracking. Weigh and track everything that goes in your mouth. No estimating, weigh everything.

Secondly, you can't expect a uniform loss each week. You shouldn't be dropping calories unless you experience a real stall (1 month with no change).

lee__d
07-01-2013, 05:16 AM
First thing to do is double check your tracking. Weigh and track everything that goes in your mouth. No estimating, weigh everything.

Secondly, you can't expect a uniform loss each week. You shouldn't be dropping calories unless you experience a real stall (1 month with no change).

This. You're not being accurate. I'm not as accurate as I'd like, 99.999999% of regular dieters are less accurate than they think.

Complex89
07-01-2013, 06:33 AM

^ this

This. You're not being accurate. I'm not as accurate as I'd like, 99.999999% of regular dieters are less accurate than they think.
^ and this. I was one of them. Now I measure everything and overestimate a bit just to make sure.

You shouldn't have to drop your calories that low to cut. I mean unless you don't work out any. If you've truly stalled, then I suggest a diet break. But before you do that, make sure you've been measuring everything properly and accounting for everything you eat.