PDA

View Full Version : Report: Dwight unlikely to re-sign with Lakers

Masstastic
06-27-2013, 06:23 AM
There is very little chance of Dwight Howard re-signing with the Los Angeles Lakers this summer, according to sources close to the situation.

Howard is willing to forgo the extra $30 million the Lakers can pay him to play for a coach and in a system he feels will better utilize his skill set, one source said.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9427945/los-angeles-lakers-not-likely-re-sign-dwight-howard-sources-say

So what next for LA?

Woolyyyy
06-27-2013, 06:26 AM
I'd say tank for next year but they probably don't even have a pick lol

gentao
06-27-2013, 06:27 AM
hes a flip flopper jerry

Brian0602
06-27-2013, 06:29 AM
I'm not sure why anybody would be surprised by this.
Dude was unhappy all season; why should he stay?

chlaxman
06-27-2013, 06:30 AM
Tank the hell out of next year, get Stern to gift you 1 pick. I believe they only have Nash signed in 2014 so he will be retired. With almost no money on the books sign LeBron, Kobe to a tiny contract, and one more superstar.

Kobe/LeBron/#1pick in loaded draft/one more star.

Lakersrbake

Masstastic
06-27-2013, 06:31 AM
hes a flip flopper jerry

He goes back and forth only when you cave into his demands and the Lakers FO seems so stuck on a injured soon to be 35 year old Kobe that they won't cater to what Dwight wants for "his" team.

Masstastic
06-27-2013, 06:34 AM
Tank the hell out of next year, get Stern to gift you 1 pick. I believe they only have Nash signed in 2014 so he will be retired. With almost no money on the books sign LeBron, Kobe to a tiny contract, and one more superstar.

Lakersrbake

- Stern is gone in February

- Nash is signed until 2015

- There is no way LeBron will pass up more money in Miami or even a return to Cleveland to go live in the shadows of Kobe. That's for a young player like Paul George or even John Wall to go do with neither having a legacy of their own.

- Lakers are in trouble

BullStampede
06-27-2013, 06:34 AM

Lakersrbake

You know, a small part of me wants this to happen just so I can see the reactions and the backtracking that would happen. It would be the most entertaining thing ever.

chlaxman
06-27-2013, 06:36 AM
- Stern is gone in February

- Nash is signed until 2015

- There is no way LeBron will pass up more money in Miami or even a return to Cleveland to go live in the shadows of Kobe. That's for a young player like Paul George or even John Wall to go do with neither having a legacy of their own.

- Lakers are in trouble

I think you took my post a bit too serious.

No way Nash plays beyond one more year...I mean just let it go Nash, you're not getting a ring.

chlaxman
06-27-2013, 06:37 AM
You know, a small part of me wants this to happen just so I can see the reactions and the backtracking that would happen. It would be the most entertaining thing ever.

It would be hilarious.

905brah
06-27-2013, 06:38 AM
i was hoping not to hear much about this primadonna this summer

thanks op

Masstastic
06-27-2013, 06:46 AM
It would be hilarious.
Yep.

You'd also have a select few (wont say any names) who would only be happy with a Lakers win as long as LeBron struggles in it.

The rest would backtrack 7 years of hate and LeLayup/LeBronze/LeBrick comments.

yieldtonothing
06-27-2013, 06:46 AM
good, now we can all remember how fkin good pau gasol is again

chlaxman
06-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Yep.

You'd also have a select few (wont say any names) who would only be happy with a Lakers win as long as LeBron struggles in it.

The rest would backtrack 7 years of hate and LeLayup/LeBronze/LeBrick comments.

Or they'd claim Kobe carried him to a ring if LeBron had one bad Finals game and Kobe only one good game.

Rebounds45
06-27-2013, 07:12 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9427945/los-angeles-lakers-not-likely-re-sign-dwight-howard-sources-say

So what next for LA?

Simple. Pau averaging 19/10/4 again.

BlackStudmuffin
06-27-2013, 07:14 AM
Dwight would be stupid not take the money with all the babies and baby mommas he gotta feed

But then again Kobe and Dwight didn't get along, along with the fact that D'Antoni system doesn't utilize the big man unless he is running the break, Dwight is SOL
Lakers shoulda signed Phil Jackson

waytoodeep03
06-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Tank and Draft wiggins. Franchise is set next 15 years

viennafat
06-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Not surprised at all.

I'll be shocked if Howard re-signs at LA.

BroHusky
06-27-2013, 07:48 AM
Yeah I would be surprised if Dwight resigns. He hated LA, can't play with coach or Kobe, and is a ****ing bitch anyway. LA won't win with or without Dwight. They are flat out done. Kobe will never be Kobe again, that injury is very hard to come back from the same especially at 34. I would feel better if he tore his ACL or something, but Achilles is killer. Nash is about 50. Pau is getting up there too.

Goodnight sweet Lakers.

Aussiebrah66
06-27-2013, 07:57 AM
worst career move of all time joining the lakers while kobe was ther
best career move leaving for anywhere but lakers

eljobber
06-27-2013, 08:01 AM
Ding dong, the Lakers are dead. If they fire Dantoni, who is to replace him?

Masstastic
06-27-2013, 08:20 AM

Coach Kobe

FGCHENG
06-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Pau Gasol >> Dwight

Definitely won't be missing his free throws lulz

Masstastic
06-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Pau Gasol >> Dwight

Definitely won't be missing his free throws lulz

He'll be on the Rockets.

You're stuck with him.

wifestealer
06-27-2013, 08:35 AM

brb having mike brown, mike d'antoni and another multi-million dollar coach all on your payroll.

the lakers have deep pockets but you have to be an certified imbecile to be throwing ~20m/yr on COACH salaries.

niknguyen
06-27-2013, 08:41 AM
good, now we can all remember how fkin good pau gasol is again

You can remember all you want. Dantoni is a dumbasd coach and wont utilize him correctly.

jsmoor09
06-27-2013, 08:47 AM
D'antoni was a fail of a hire.

They wanted to play pick and roll like the old days with Nash. Nash is 1,000.

D'antoni can't coach D.

Phil was there. Now, they have a coach that doesn't have the personnel to run his offense. They'll lose Dwight. Kobe's going to miss time.

sknot1454
06-27-2013, 08:49 AM
straight up trade for Blake Griffin

viennafat
06-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Lakers are in trouble.
Next season may be rough.

straight up trade for Blake Griffin

Trade who for Griffin?

niknguyen
06-27-2013, 08:50 AM
D'antoni was a fail of a hire..

This. I dont see how anyone could think it was a remotely good hire. No one on that roster could have run that offense. He expected fossils to turn back time and start running back and forth for 82 games a season? Lakers org dun goofed hard with that hire. Should have kept mike brown if they werent going to get phil jackson, plain and simple.

firstandgoal
06-27-2013, 08:57 AM
without Kobe this team is screwed, this could possibly be the worst season in Laker history?

waisoserious
06-27-2013, 08:59 AM
should have fired D'Antoni

seriously. why is he here?

ThatKindaGuy
06-27-2013, 08:59 AM
No one on that roster could have run that offense.

Except Nash did for 4 years under him.

Pringles is THE single reason why Lakers need to rebuild. They needed someone who can manage big egos and big babies. Phil was the man for the job. Kobe knows Phils system inside and out and could effectively act like an assistant coach on the court. Dwight would have grown up sooner, Pau would have been happy running the plays they did in 2009.

Buss is a phaggot. Wish Jeannie was running shop.

without Kobe this team is screwed, this could possibly be the worst season in Laker history?

Pretty sure it will be, so I am bracing myself, basketball-winter is coming:

1) Dwight leaves, no strong replacement in sight
2) Pringles stays *welp*
3) Kobe maybe not ready for season start, no one to lead the team other than "I got no idea how defense works and please don't run so fast" Nash

Cutting my wrists as we speak.

monsterBEN
06-27-2013, 09:01 AM
The D'Antoni hire has killed the Lakers for the near future. Dwight gone, Nash is 50, Kobe gone in 2 years, boom, mediocrity.

Dwight is gone. Doesn't like the D'Antoni "system", or being 2nd fiddle. If he doesn't get traded Dallas and Houston are the top contenders, but neither is a perfect fit. Houston could be really good with Howard/Harden/Lin/Parsons, but they're up-tempo right now like D'Antoni's system.

Dirk is old, so when he's gone in a couple years he's risking an Orlando situation (D12 stuck with a bunch of role players) all over again if he goes there.

I smell more indecision and ESPN drama.

Rebounds45
06-27-2013, 09:04 AM
why would he stay? and why do the Lakers want him back anyways?

freshnevafrozen
06-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Even if someone else drafts wiggins, my boy will be in Toronto after his contract is up.

jsmoor09
06-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Lakers are in trouble.
Next season may be rough.

Trade who for Griffin?

Howard.

Clips need a sign and trade to make the $$ work.
Dwight can get his Bird $$
Lakers don't walk away empty handed.
Blake Stays in LA

niknguyen
06-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Except Nash did for 4 years under him..

When nash was younger and still had some kind of speed. Dude is what? 40 now? Yes he knew the system but physically he cant run it. 1 person on an entire roster that knew the system and 'can' run it. I stand by my statement that no one on that roster that was a starter or got majority of the minutes could have run that system.

Brotein23
06-27-2013, 09:10 AM
Dwight should go to Dallas.

viennafat
06-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Howard.

Clips need a sign and trade to make the $$ work.
Dwight can get his Bird $$
Lakers don't walk away empty handed.
Blake Stays in LA

Sounds good on paper, but too many assumptions in that scenario.

ChikN10der
06-27-2013, 09:17 AM
trade bosh for him

lulz

Technophyle
06-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Dwight is going to start breaking down soon, back surgery, shoulders injured. Has no post moves, can't shoot free throws, terrible attitude. Shaq is laughing his ass off at the fake Superman.

jsmoor09
06-27-2013, 09:30 AM
Sounds good on paper, but too many assumptions in that scenario.

For sure. I don't see the Lakers helping the Clippers. Srs. Sources were talking to some of the ESPN guys during the Rivers trade and were adamant the Lakers won't work with the Clippers to get Dwight.

But Dwight and CP3 want to play together. Clippers want Dwight.

orderoutofchaos
06-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Rockets will land howard its too obvious

1800_Cool_Guy
06-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Houston or ATL, and maybe Brooklyn are the likely choices. Can't see any other team going for him. I would say Houston has the greatest chance simply because they can give him the max.

sdballer5588
06-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Lol what was his quote at the end of the year? He wants to be a laker?

Loljk guys.

Technophyle
06-27-2013, 09:51 AM
Houston or ATL, and maybe Brooklyn are the likely choices. Can't see any other team going for him. I would say Houston has the greatest chance simply because they can give him the max.

Clippers if the Lakers let go of their pride and get something instead of nothing.

MurkinSeason
06-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Hahaha.. Dwight Howard. Little girl

PjzBoozer
06-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Dwight has to be the most flip-flopping dude in NBA history

Inb4 4 diff coaches and 3 diff teams in about a 2 year span...u wot m8?

WRXbrah
06-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Tanking a season or two is far more beneficial to Lakers. Egos will likely prevent that from happening though.

GoldenArmKid
06-27-2013, 11:24 AM
This just in. Water is wet.

I all seriousness Idk wtf the Lakers are gonna try to do. Rebuilding or peppering themselves for it has to be on their minds right now and rightfully so. Possibly tank for Wiggins.

niknguyen
06-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Possibly tank for Wiggins.

as long as kobe is on that team, they will not tank. he's too busy trying to chase another ring that he won't get no matter how hard he tries

Technophyle
06-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Kobe should retire, it's over for a ring. Too old, injured, team isn't good enough and the league has several teams who are just getting started and are too good for the Lakers to beat.

wickedman
06-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Time to trade Gasol, tell Kobe to take a year off, easily worst team in NBA = Wiggins/Parker.

ShweezyBTFO
06-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Cutting my wrists as we speak.

I support this.

sdballer5588
06-27-2013, 12:02 PM
I support this.

He'll just cover it with another terrible tattoo

Trapstar4.4
06-27-2013, 12:06 PM
the hawks probably wont be keeping josh smiff. he might want to give smiff a call to see what they can work out with some of other team.
fck josh smiff, fck dwight howard.

without cp3, howard is fools gold.

oh and btw fck cp3 also. good luck getting stuck in the west coast play much year in and year out phaggot

Ivan7x
06-27-2013, 12:08 PM
the hawks probably wont be keeping josh smiff. he might want to give smiff a call to see what they can work out with some of other team.

without cp3, howard is fools gold.

oh and btw fck cp3 also. good luck getting stuck in the west coast play much year in and year out phaggotdam bro youre mad as fuk today

sdballer5588
06-27-2013, 12:10 PM
dam bro youre mad as fuk today

No one is ever as mad as you are.

Technophyle
06-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Where's the Duncan/Howard gif.

Masstastic
06-27-2013, 12:11 PM

Houston could possibly make it work for both.

Just take back Asik I guess and its fair enough on both sides.

Ivan7x
06-27-2013, 12:12 PM
No one is ever as mad as you are.my jimmies are actually intact atm

no more lbj vs kobe threads
no knee jerk threads after every playoff game

my jimmies needed a rest feelsgoodman

sdballer5588
06-27-2013, 12:13 PM
my jimmies are actually intact atm

no more lbj vs kobe threads
no knee jerk threads after every playoff game

my jimmies needed a rest feelsgoodman

What if the Dwightmare rolls into houston. Your jammers would never be the same.

Ivan7x
06-27-2013, 12:15 PM
What if the Dwightmare rolls into houston. Your jammers would never be the same.http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

LostOne287
06-27-2013, 12:15 PM

You'd want the best player on your team to leave just so you can see the reactions of a bunch of people on the internet? My god you are retarded.

sdballer5588
06-27-2013, 12:16 PM
You'd want the best player on your team to leave just so you can see the reactions of a bunch of people on the internet? My god you are retarded.

From the guy who wouldn't want the best player in the world on his own team for fear of his own hypocrisy?

Shut the fk up rofl

HoustonMiscer
06-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Dwight is going to Houston, srs. Its a lock. My sources tell me Chandler Parsons is blackmailing Dwight. Chandler's camp is telling me that if Dwight doesn't sign, Chandler will reveal to the world his and Dwights sexual relationship, srs. I have multiple sources. Fuking ESPN cohosts think they are better than me, fuk them. I am Chris fuking Broussard, you ESPN phaggots (yes Magic I am talking about you) will learn to fear the name Chris Broussard.

AlliWantisLulz
06-27-2013, 12:48 PM
loling at all the laker phags saying they are happy he won't resign

inb4 howard comes back to LA and all the same phags celebrate him resigning and spam sports misc with lakers are bake threads