PDA

View Full Version : 203lb Tuesday 11th of June. 199lb Tuesday 18th of June.

ashlfcowen
06-24-2013, 10:49 AM
So as you can see clearly the diet is working however I am a perfectionist but I feel I lack any further knowledge to perfect this especially as I am trying to tweak my actual figures to get them closer to the expected. (As you can see via the excel spreadsheet).

I am/was a 203lb, 24 year old adult. I'd say my body type was between the Mesomorth and Endomorph type, probably edging closer towards the Mesmorth and my ideal body type, thus this cut would be ...*drum rolls*...a front cover model.

All of the below is my own work and research, with my expected calorie intake being measured from my bodyweight x 12.

My workouts are intense, 45 second rest with plenty of intense variations on last sets, i.e. drop set, partial reps etc. Cardio (after my PWO shake), 35 minutes aiming my heart rate between 30-35. On my off days or light weight days I will do 25-30 minutes HIIT. But anyway that's just so you all get a rough idea of my active levels throughout the day.

It's important to note that this diet plan fits in perfectly with my job, thus why I am only eating 4 solid meals a day.

My ideal weight would be a 180lb, or 13 stone then with then the option of "clean bulking". I realise this whole post stinks of what you regularly get but please appreciate my efforts...

5903553 | 5903563

Read and advised myself off the formula that's stickied here and as a result came up with this meal plan, 5903873

ashlfcowen
06-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Think it might be worth noting that I trained first thing in the morning on an empty stomach bar a shake of BCAA's on the way to the gym, hence why I try and get the majority of my carbs post workout (explains the bread before bed...)

Also there is a lot of variations between sources; tuna, eggs, oats, shredded wheat (sucker for this), kale, spinach, green beans, pork chops etc

InItForFitness
06-24-2013, 10:51 AM
That's too much to lose in one week, that means you're suffering muscle mass loss.

Also body types do not exist.

Why BWx12 for calories?
Why you no sticky formula?

ashlfcowen
06-24-2013, 10:59 AM
That's too much to lose in one week, that means you're suffering muscle mass loss.

Exactly, which is why I ventured here to get some constructive criticism.

Why BWx12 for calories?

A few articles/books I read all agreed this is ideally the target kcal amount I should be aiming for. I could be wrong so please refer to above.

Because I spent so long working this out I didn't want all my hard work undone BEFORE I was advised by a fair few people to go down alternative routes..

InItForFitness
06-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Exactly, which is why I ventured here to get some constructive criticism.

You should be hitting around .5-1.5lb/week for healthiest results

A few articles/books I read all agreed this is ideally the target kcal amount I should be aiming for. I could be wrong so please refer to above.

Please utilize sticky formula for a more accurate calculation and a healthier weight loss

Because I spent so long working this out I didn't want all my hard work undone BEFORE I was advised by a fair few people to go down alternative routes..

Refer to above

Here ya go.
Good on you for researching and having a go at it, but please take these into consideration and adjust accordingly for a healthier diet and weight loss to minimize the loss of muscle mass.

lucidz
06-24-2013, 11:10 AM

Why BWx12 for calories?

4lbs is not that much. Its probably water weight/glycogen. I lose 2+ lbs over night almost every single night. I could easily lose 4 lbs in a week with a pretty small drop in calories.

Now if he continues at 4lbs per week, then yeah he's losing muscle. :)

InItForFitness
06-24-2013, 11:14 AM
4lbs is not that much. Its probably water weight/glycogen. I lose 2+ lbs over night almost every single night. I could easily lose 4 lbs in a week with a pretty small drop in calories.

Now if he continues at 4lbs per week, then yeah he's losing muscle. :)

I'm aware on water weight, however giving OP benefit of the doubt and assuming he's taking proper weight measurements in consistency of timing.
If this is true than yes 4lbs/week is quiet a bit if it's true weight loss, not water weight.

Now OP, this is true though, ensure you are weighing yourself at the same time (preferably early morning after using the restroom) to negate as many contributing factors to weight fluctuation as possible.

FattyMcTubbs
06-24-2013, 11:27 AM
50g dextrose....while cutting.....?

ashlfcowen
06-24-2013, 12:02 PM
50g dextrose....while cutting.....?

My weight sessions are quite intense and as I train first thing in the morning on an empty stomach I want as much carbs as possible PWO, especially as I'm not anal with meal times so I could consume my second meal of the day 2-3 hours after training. It just seems "right", but I could be wrong...

So assuming I go off the sticky formula, If I was training for 45 minutes a day with weights, followed by 35 minutes cardio in a fat burning zone I’d be looking to consume around 14-16 kcal/ pound rather than my measly 12?

And then to calculate my BMR I should really be going off the Mifflin-St Jeor theory, to which, when I mathematically calculate my BMR should be 2050. Taking the activity variable into consideration my total requirements should be 3069.

It suggests to decrease that number by about 10-20% so let’s play it safe in the middle and say 15%. So that’s 3069 - 459 = 2610kcal

Working out my protein intake, I’d say my bodyfat was moderate, likewise my training load and therefore I’d safely say 2.2-2.8 per kg TOTAL weight, so 200-220g should be enough. Fats 120g Carbs will be what remains...

220g protein, 120g fat, 160g carbs

880kcal Protein, 1080kcal fat, 650kcal carbs

Does this seem / look a little more practical to you? Is the huge difference in fats correct or a mistake of my calculations? I'm knew to all this, all the feedback in the world would be appreciated so long as it's constructive. Thanks so far gents..

EDIT: Please find attached a revised mean plan in the first post...

ashlfcowen
06-24-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm aware on water weight, however giving OP benefit of the doubt and assuming he's taking proper weight measurements in consistency of timing.
If this is true than yes 4lbs/week is quiet a bit if it's true weight loss, not water weight.

Now OP, this is true though, ensure you are weighing yourself at the same time (preferably early morning after using the restroom) to negate as many contributing factors to weight fluctuation as possible.

Always first thing on a Tuesday morning after morning pee. I've taken your advice and read the stickied thread and must admit it's been a great help, so much more in depth compared to others I've read online as it gives you an explanation as to why you might WANT to do something rather than saying why you SHOULD do it. As a result I've updated the first reply with an updated diet plan which I am quite happy with, but again I'm new to this so your feedback / knowledge would be appreciated.

JohnGalt25
06-24-2013, 01:41 PM

Haha

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ut58y9.jpg