PDA

View Full Version : So, How bad was my cheat day?

JayE147
06-23-2013, 01:38 AM
I've been cutting for about a month and a half. Although I was off by calories a bit (thinking I was eating around 1700-1800, but was actually eating about 2000 a day), I did lose weight, mostly fat, as I started to see some more definition. I barely ate any carbs, only right before and after my workout. I would have a refeed or cheat day 1-2 times a week, and this would usually just be me going out with my friends, and I'd tried to get something healthy, like grilled chicken.

I've been starting to crave carbs... today I had a glass of milk for breakfast. I felt like it was going to be a big day, but I didn't know how big yet... First, I went to a Chinese buffet with my parents. had 3 plates, with a bowl of ice cream. I felt bad so I went to the gym, and sprinted/ran for 20 minutes, played basketball, and did some core exercises. During my workout my friend invited me out to Red Robins. I had half a A1 Peppercorn burger... seems ok.. but then I ate 2 baskets of sweet potato fries. Then dessert came and I ate 75% of the giant ice cream tower thing they have and 2 slices of cheesecake.

And for some reason I'm still hungry. What is this.

hellboy8888
06-23-2013, 01:43 AM
I've been cutting for about a month and a half. Although I was off by calories a bit (thinking I was eating around 1700-1800, but was actually eating about 2000 a day), I did lose weight, mostly fat, as I started to see some more definition. I barely ate any carbs, only right before and after my workout. I would have a refeed or cheat day 1-2 times a week, and this would usually just be me going out with my friends, and I'd tried to get something healthy, like grilled chicken.

I've been starting to crave carbs... today I had a glass of milk for breakfast. I felt like it was going to be a big day, but I didn't know how big yet... First, I went to a Chinese buffet with my parents. had 3 plates, with a bowl of ice cream. I felt bad so I went to the gym, and sprinted/ran for 20 minutes, played basketball, and did some core exercises. During my workout my friend invited me out to Red Robins. I had half a A1 Peppercorn burger... seems ok.. but then I ate 2 baskets of sweet potato fries. Then dessert came and I ate 75% of the giant ice cream tower thing they have and 2 slices of cheesecake.

somewhat same had happened with me,
I used Modafinil once for staying awake and it resulted in 2 days without sleep..

loganhart
06-23-2013, 03:46 AM
Why don't you toss out the idea of 'cheat meals' and fit the all foods you like into your daily macronutrient intake?

That way there is no sense of guilt, which is what I think you are experiencing.

I cut a few months ago eating Chinese food, my wife's chocolate squares, beer and rye. Not everyday, but a few times a week.

Just make the food fit. Your body doesn't treat a piece of pizza any different then it treats a chicken breast and broccoli. Its all just carb, protein, fats and micros mushed around in your stomach.

Don't let nutrition and hunger control you, the more limits you put on your self, the more likely you will be to lapse and binge. At least that's what I found.

Good Luck.

bambam601
06-23-2013, 07:56 AM

its your body craving more food cuz at around 1800 calories, youre kinda starving yourself.
your "cheat day" wasnt that bad, just carry on as if it didnt happen. done beat yourself up over it.

Complex89
06-23-2013, 08:10 AM
its your body craving more food cuz at around 1800 calories, youre kinda starving yourself.
your "cheat day" wasnt that bad, just carry on as if it didnt happen. done beat yourself up over it.
^ this

Complex89
06-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Why don't you toss out the idea of 'cheat meals' and fit the all foods you like into your daily macronutrient intake?

That way there is no sense of guilt, which is what I think you are experiencing.

I cut a few months ago eating Chinese food, my wife's chocolate squares, beer and rye. Not everyday, but a few times a week.

Just make the food fit. Your body doesn't treat a piece of pizza any different then it treats a chicken breast and broccoli. Its all just carb, protein, fats and micros mushed around in your stomach.

Don't let nutrition and hunger control you, the more limits you put on your self, the more likely you will be to lapse and binge. At least that's what I found.

Good Luck.
^ that