PDA

View Full Version : Damaged nerves help please someone!

HandHurts
06-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Basically I've had two pinched nerves in my neck for over a year (in my traps), both of them have next to no muscle at all on them. Whenever I'm doing an upper body workout, for example chest, I can get a maximum of 3 good sets before my neck/arm starts to freeze during my sets. Even if I drop the weight so like 25% then I still get like 6 reps max, I went to a doctor and he didn't take me seriously and claimed the pinched nerves are only temporary and not much can be done (he didn't identify it :S). Bare in mind I NEVER experience pain, just my neck freezing, preventing my arms to lift during sets. What should I do?

Been training a year - 17 Y/O

tryintorebuild
06-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Change doctors. Seriously.

Second opinions are good things. I would recommend you see a sports doctor. If you are told the same thing, then maybe they are right.

Muscle relaxers can help with pinched nerves, but I would still recommend a second opinion.

michail71
06-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Also look at getting some massage therapy and look at the possibility there may be muscle imbalances.

I had a similar nerve issue when I was your age from mucking horse stalls.

azstrengthcoach
06-20-2013, 07:24 PM
You need to see a physical therapist

HandHurts
06-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Also look at getting some massage therapy and look at the possibility there may be muscle imbalances.

I had a similar nerve issue when I was your age from mucking horse stalls.

Thanks man will do.