PDA

View Full Version : extreme cut...

harwin01354
06-19-2013, 01:20 AM
Hey, I'm skinny fat, and am gonna bulk but first I wanna get some fat off me in about 20% at the mo... I have no muscle mass to lose during a cut so I'm gonma cut my calories down to 1000cal/a day... and gym work. Running cut for 1-2 months .. I wanna strip the fat off then do a big bulk... (I a ware I will gain some fat then) my main question is ... what proteins and fat should i aim for.. I am 150lbs

Maintain calories

24000 Cal
150g protein
100g fats
Rest carbs /fats

I know i will have cut all down to do 1000cal but honestly I don't mind losing mass as i don't really have any to lose...

Thanks for all advice

KobiDC
06-19-2013, 01:24 AM
No, no, and no. Do NOT cut your calories that low OP. I repeat, do not. Cutting calories so steeply (which is almost DEFINITELY below your BMR) will leave you feeling ****ty, looking ****ty, and what's more - you might even cause irreversible damage to your metabolism.

I strongly, STRONGLY recommend you not to cut calories so low - you won't just lose mass; you'll literally **** your hormones.

harwin01354
06-19-2013, 01:29 AM
I see your point but I am prepared to feel ****ty... And Basiclly all I have on my body is body fat and no muscle so I have nothing to lose apart from fat... But interesting about hormones will research into that

KobiDC
06-19-2013, 01:32 AM
I see your point but I am prepared to feel ****ty... And Basiclly all I have on my body is body fat and no muscle so I have nothing to lose apart from fat... But interesting about hormones will research into that

What you're potentially doing can affect the rest of your life, in a NEGATIVE way. Check the link below OP - the implications of eating below your BMR go far beyond just psychological factors.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/permanent-metabolic-damage-qa.html

harwin01354
06-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Thanks will have a look

Indman
06-19-2013, 05:48 AM
You definitely don't want to go that far as Kobi said. It will put your body into a quasi-starvation mode and when you eventually try to bulk or up your calories it will store it all as fat because you've been so deficient so long. Bad idea. Just take your time and cut slowly then bulk slowly and you'll be fine. What's the rush?

SelfMotivated
06-19-2013, 06:05 AM
OP you need more muscle mass, plain and simple. If you want you could do a mini bulk and cut cycle where you bulk for 6 weeks and cut for 2. Either way cutting at this point is not going to be worth it for you.

AAOBob
06-19-2013, 06:11 AM
What you're potentially doing can affect the rest of your life, in a NEGATIVE way. Check the link below OP - the implications of eating below your BMR go far beyond just psychological factors.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/permanent-metabolic-damage-qa.html

I was unaware the OP was a post contest body builder who pushed themselves to extreme low levels of body fat.

harwin01354
06-19-2013, 06:12 AM
You definitely don't want to go that far as Kobi said. It will put your body into a quasi-starvation mode and when you eventually try to bulk or up your calories it will store it all as fat because you've been so deficient so long. Bad idea. Just take your time and cut slowly then bulk slowly and you'll be fine. What's the rush?

I see what your saying I'm just trying to get extra fat if quickly as I wanna get bulking

harwin01354
06-19-2013, 06:13 AM
OP you need more muscle mass, plain and simple. If you want you could do a mini bulk and cut cycle where you bulk for 6 weeks and cut for 2. Either way cutting at this point is not going to be worth it for you.

That sounds a good idea... To be honest I gained some fat on holiday and I just want that gone.... Do u think first bulk for 6 weeks or cut for 2 now then bulk??

SelfMotivated
06-19-2013, 06:14 AM
That sounds a good idea... To be honest I gained some fat on holiday and I just want that gone.... Do u think first bulk for 6 weeks or cut for 2 now then bulk??

Bulk for 6 weeks now then cut for 2.

Edit: OP watch this video, you need to understand why extremism in bodybuilding is not the way to go.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152488883&highlight=layne+norton+extremism

harwin01354
06-19-2013, 06:15 AM

Cool thanks think I will do that.... I'm skinny fat so either way I'm gonna be unhappy with my body.... U seen my pics on my profile ??

SelfMotivated
06-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Cool thanks think I will do that.... I'm skinny fat so either way I'm gonna be unhappy with my body.... U seen my pics on my profile ??

Once you get some muscle mass on you you'll be happier. Right now for you it's about gaining muscle mass not losing body fat. I would honestly bulk for longer in your situation and then cut, but the 6 week bulk and 2 week cut cycles will still get you want you want.

P.S. Be sure to watch the video in the link I posted.

harwin01354
06-19-2013, 06:23 AM
Once you get some muscle mass on you you'll be happier. Right now for you it's about gaining muscle mass not losing body fat. I would honestly bulk for longer in your situation and then cut, but the 6 week bulk and 2 week cut cycles will still get you want you want.

P.S. Be sure to watch the video in the link I posted.

Yeah loads of people are saying that and I would be silly to cut but I just hate being tubby

SelfMotivated
06-19-2013, 06:31 AM
Yeah loads of people are saying that and I would be silly to cut but I just hate being tubby

Don't worry about it, everyone has to start from somewhere. The key is consistency. If your macros and micros are on point and your workout program is on point then all you have to do is be consistent with your diet and your effort and the results will come, they won't come over night, but when you look back in a few months you'll be happy with your progress. Nobody who's in great shape now got that way over night.

harwin01354
06-19-2013, 06:48 AM
Don't worry about it, everyone has to start from somewhere. The key is consistency. If your macros and micros are on point and your workout program is on point then all you have to do is be consistent with your diet and your effort and the results will come, they won't come over night, but when you look back in a few months you'll be happy with your progress. Nobody who's in great shape now got that way over night.

That's very true.... Thanks for your advice I will cracking on with a bulk

SuffolkPunch
06-19-2013, 06:54 AM

Edit: OP watch this video, you need to understand why extremism in bodybuilding is not the way to go.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152488883&highlight=layne+norton+extremism
Do this ^

You will look better after a few cycles. Whatever happens, there is no fast route to looking better and extreme measures can really f**k you up instead of producing results.

AAOBob
06-19-2013, 07:27 AM
No sound here at work, but if I remember correctly that video is about extreme position taking as in IF YOU DON'T DO THIS YOU WILL FAIL, MY WAY IS THE ONLY WAY, I HAVE A RAT STUDY TO PROVE IT!!!!111ONEONE.

Thats not the same as a "extreme" cut. Now I am against an extreme cut, especially due to how the guy spelled it out using 24000 cals vrs 1000 cals (if he doesn't mean k cals and had a typo), but lets get the right videos to match up when making our points.

SelfMotivated
06-19-2013, 07:31 AM
No sound here at work, but if I remember correctly that video is about extreme position taking as in IF YOU DON'T DO THIS YOU WILL FAIL, MY WAY IS THE ONLY WAY, I HAVE A RAT STUDY TO PROVE IT!!!!111ONEONE.

Thats not the same as a "extreme" cut. Now I am against an extreme cut, especially due to how the guy spelled it out using 24000 cals vrs 1000 cals (if he doesn't mean k cals and had a typo), but lets get the right videos to match up when making our points.

It was accurate because it pertained to the general idea of extremism. It may not have provided specific examples that pertained to the situation of extreme cutting (I can't watch the video since youtube is blocked at my office), but the over all general idea was accurate. The take away message from that video is to have a balance and not to take extreme measures to achieve desired results.

AdrianPerry
06-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Like many above have said don't even bother with a cut.

I did this myself when i first started at the gym, 2 months hard cardio getting my weight right down. Then afterwards I started lifting and realized that to build any muscle, I needed to put it all back on again. Would have been much easier, and much more effective to just lift from the off.

harwin01354
06-19-2013, 09:07 AM
Like many above have said don't even bother with a cut.

I did this myself when i first started at the gym, 2 months hard cardio getting my weight right down. Then afterwards I started lifting and realized that to build any muscle, I needed to put it all back on again. Would have been much easier, and much more effective to just lift from the off.

Yeah I see your point, just I have always been skinny... Probably not in a good way just the thought of gaining fat is not nice... But I'm gonna do it... How's it going for u now? Do u still regreat cutting first??

harwin01354
06-19-2013, 09:09 AM

Any comments/videos are helpful.. More so than sarcastic comments, but thanks for your time anyway