PDA

View Full Version : Protein...

Adam8785
06-14-2013, 02:02 PM
like dietary fat, does protein intake also have to be regulated the day of a refeed? Im 170 lbs, is it ok if i have 200 g protein, 500 g carbs, and 25 g fat the day of my refeed? On refeed day, i eat 100 calories over maintenance.

jcha94
06-14-2013, 02:35 PM
its recommended on a refeed to keep fats at a very minimum and protein at ~1gram per pound of LEAN BODY MASS and the rest with carbs.

Adam8785
06-14-2013, 02:54 PM
its recommended on a refeed to keep fats at a very minimum and protein at ~1gram per pound of LEAN BODY MASS and the rest with carbs.

What if the majority of my carb sources (rice and bread) have a significant amount of protein for the serving size (putting me above 200 g protein)? Is it ok if i still get 500 g of carbs that day?

I figure if fat is supposed to be kept low, then the cals have to come from carbs or protein right? If i reduced my protein, i would need at least 600 g carbs to get up to 3000 calories (my intake for refeeds), and I feel like that would be far too many carbs for my refeed lol

Former300lber
06-14-2013, 03:46 PM
What if the majority of my carb sources (rice and bread) have a significant amount of protein for the serving size (putting me above 200 g protein)? Is it ok if i still get 500 g of carbs that day?

I figure if fat is supposed to be kept low, then the cals have to come from carbs or protein right? If i reduced my protein, i would need at least 600 g carbs to get up to 3000 calories (my intake for refeeds), and I feel like that would be far too many carbs for my refeed lol

Why do you feel like you have to do a refeed? You do know any benefits a refeed other then satiety, and sanity have will diminish within a day of the refeed right? Leptin levels do not just sky rocket back to normal over the course of 24 hours, it's something that has to be brought back up to normal through weeks of regular eating habits.

That being said, if your doing it strictly for sanity, who cares what your macros are so long as you hit your minimums.

Adam8785
06-14-2013, 03:52 PM
Why do you feel like you have to do a refeed? You do know any benefits a refeed other then satiety, and sanity have will diminish within a day of the refeed right? Leptin levels do not just sky rocket back to normal over the course of 24 hours, it's something that has to be brought back up to normal through weeks of regular eating habits.

That being said, if your doing it strictly for sanity, who cares what your macros are so long as you hit your minimums.

Im not doing it for sanity, Im doing it because I have been dieting for months.

Refeeds have physiological benefits too

graffiti36
06-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Im not doing it for sanity, Im doing it because I have been dieting for months.

Refeeds have physiological benefits too

a 1 day refeed wont do much
if you have been dieting for months a refeed (eating at maintenance) of 2-3 weeks would do you good.