PDA

View Full Version : Couple deadlift vids from this morning: 505 x 3 and 575 x 1

-=FLEX=-
06-14-2013, 06:55 AM
My heaviest single to date; 575 x 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T5yBVWSKZc

My heaviest triple to date; 505 x 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDPY_U7TM20

inb4 form nazis and people saying I'm fat. :D :)

Flounderbout
06-14-2013, 07:04 AM

My heaviest triple to date; 505 x 3:

That gym is a nightmare. Weights left on the bar, and then that Bert guy even just dumped his lifting belt right in the middle of the floor... ;)

Awesome lift. On spread.

Singe03
06-14-2013, 07:06 AM

You dropped the weights the last half inch and you grunted, you lunk.

Great lifts, congrats, it is better than I can do in my wildest dreams right now.

PersonaNonGrata
06-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Can't see what grip you are using?

(You make that look easy - 600 is there for the taking)

Bo_Flecks
06-14-2013, 07:11 AM

You're knockin' on the door of 600 now! Strong work, indeed.

ultim8-one
06-14-2013, 07:12 AM
well although you're certainly not a "skinny" guy ... you have more of a power lifter build. Regardless ... these lifts are impressive especially considering you're not using wraps.

ironwill2008
06-14-2013, 07:19 AM
Good deal, Jim. http://assets.bodybuilding.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

I'm with Steve; 7 plates is just around the corner.

drudixon
06-14-2013, 07:19 AM
Great lift and you were less rounded than usual - so tell form nazi's to shove it!

Jtbny
06-14-2013, 07:30 AM
Again nice lift. Your form works for you so who cares.

hardNheavy2011
06-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Awesome as usual FLEX! Your speed off the floor is ridiculous! Srs. :)

600 IS coming soon....very soon! :D

jediokie
06-14-2013, 07:37 AM
Solid sets. It looked like you could have gone heavier than 575. Not sure how it felt but it looked great.

fittofattofit
06-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Great strength and speed off the floor Flex! You've got that 600 off the floor now so it'll be the lockout that determines how long you have to wait to get the full lift .... won't be long I'm sure
Every time I see one of your lifts it makes me want to crawl into a hole ;)

lolakitten
06-14-2013, 08:58 AM
Amazing...

& without straps! I'm impressed with your grip strength!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-nsJd8jc7Bw/TA2a0rx9EEI/AAAAAAAABZo/5t1oavSG9gs/s1600/OMG-kitty-3.jpg

PersonaNonGrata
06-14-2013, 09:04 AM
Amazing...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-nsJd8jc7Bw/TA2a0rx9EEI/AAAAAAAABZo/5t1oavSG9gs/s1600/OMG-kitty-3.jpg

Is it a double-overhand grip? I cant tell from the vid

If it is, then bloody hell i wouldn't want to shake his hand without a medical team on stand-by :)

lolakitten
06-14-2013, 09:06 AM
Is it a double-overhand grip? I cant tell from the vid

If it is, then bloody hell i wouldn't want to shake his hand without a medical team on stand-by :)

Either way, LOL. My hands give out at 135#... but I have girly hands :D

PersonaNonGrata
06-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Either way, LOL. My hands give out at 135#... but I have girly hands :D
You appear to be an actual girl, so that is allowed :)

FiveofClubs
06-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Wow, that's impressive. I bet it takes a while to load all those fn plates!

I still like your squat video better. :)

lolakitten
06-14-2013, 09:12 AM
You appear to be an actual girl, so that is allowed :)

Yes, I am all girl ;)

ilovethe80s
06-14-2013, 09:16 AM
that was pretty quick, you know there is more in there :) you make all of your lifts look easy

NorwichGrad
06-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Great job, Flex!!

PS..

You, and ID, and Cmoore, and Laura, and a bunch of other strength athletes, keep doing this $hit and the site owner may have to change the name to Powerlifting.com.. :)

scullin
06-14-2013, 09:57 AM
I like when he throws the belt on the floor. :D

Whiskeyjack
06-14-2013, 10:12 AM

My fave too!

Heavy lift, props!

djflex
06-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Well done as always.

My advice is celebrate with a beer tonite.
I know this is out of character for you, but one wont kill ya!

silverlightning
06-14-2013, 10:52 AM
beast mode.

bustasinclair
06-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Kickin' some ass, Jim!!!

Just curious, why the 3-week layoff?

mslman71
06-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Damn, you made that look easy.

Good job!

I'm with Andrew. Imma gonna go hide in shame.

Get-n-fit
06-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Sucky form fat a$$, doesn't count!

Lol..J/K, extremely strong!! That 575 looked relatively easy.....compared to me trying to move 450, my whole body shakes like a b*tch!

Getsum
06-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Amazing and steady progress FLEX!

bodyhard
06-14-2013, 12:03 PM
In on fat guy deadlifting thread! :D :D

Way to go FLEX

induced_drag
06-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Nice lift man....but you are leaving a lot on the table. Take a few steps back and work on getting your hips down. You are losing out on a strong point for you. (your leg drive). I had the same issue. I added 40lbs to my deads when I fixed it.

Nice lift regardless.....but if you regroup, I am sure you would be pulling a lot more.

MyNemisis
06-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Dam impressive Flex. On spread.

MrNismo
06-14-2013, 12:42 PM
F'ing insane Flex!

TouaregV8
06-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Repped!

Whiskeyjack
06-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Nice lift man....but you are leaving a lot on the table. Take a few steps back and work on getting your hips down. You are losing out on a strong point for you. (your leg drive). I had the same issue. I added 40lbs to my deads when I fixed it.

Nice lift regardless.....but if you regroup, I am sure you would be pulling a lot more.

I agree with this.

nvrstopworking
06-14-2013, 02:11 PM
well although you're certainly not a "skinny" guy ... you have more of a power lifter build. Regardless ... these lifts are impressive especially considering you're not using wraps.

Are you calling him fat? :D

Great job big guy!

2nd_chance
06-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Are you calling him fat? :D

Great job big guy!

Powerlifters are not fat!!!

http://atothejay.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/shirtless-2-massive-powerlifters.jpg

Great pull Jim!

Also some good advice by ID.

socket
06-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Pretty good pull for a fat guy........ but nothing special:cool:

:D

Congrats Flex. I'll raise a glass to your steady progress later!

Sen8or
06-14-2013, 03:17 PM
http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s382/nzsen8or/d783a8756d8fd2c9e1e545e6fcc4564e_zps2d561ef9.jpg

Strong as always

pvsampson
06-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Again Jim,awesome lift.I watched it a few times and there was no doubt from the start.Congrats on the PR.

ArchAngel'73
06-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Dayum!
Congrats brother. You earned every lb..

Adding to the impressiveness is that you can still pass any legit drug test like a boss AND pull this.
I see a very promising future and a future Canadian record holder.-srs

-=FLEX=-
06-15-2013, 10:03 AM
MASSIVE MULTI-QUOTE REPLY OF PEACE:

Awesome lift. On spread.

Great lifts, congrats, it is better than I can do in my wildest dreams right now.

Great lift and you were less rounded than usual - so tell form nazi's to shove it!

Again nice lift. Your form works for you so who cares.

Great job, Flex!!

Amazing and steady progress FLEX!

Way to go FLEX

Dam impressive Flex. On spread.

F'ing insane Flex!

Repped!

Great job big guy!

Strong as always

Again Jim,awesome lift.I watched it a few times and there was no doubt from the start.Congrats on the PR.

---

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support.

Can't see what grip you are using?

(You make that look easy - 600 is there for the taking)

Mixed grip (over/under).

600 IS coming soon....very soon! :D

You're knockin' on the door of 600 now! Strong work, indeed.

600; soon.....

Did you just call me fat? :D Thanks man.

Good deal, Jim. I'm with Steve; 7 plates is just around the corner.

Can I get to 6 plates first? :)

Solid sets. It looked like you could have gone heavier than 575. Not sure how it felt but it looked great.

Felt heavy, but I knew I was gonna get it.

Every time I see one of your lifts it makes me want to crawl into a hole

Damn, you made that look easy.

Good job!

I'm with Andrew. Imma gonna go hide in shame.

lol; I'm weaksauce compared to lots of guys on here guys; I just do what I can...

Amazing...

So far grip is rarely an issue for me. I don't use straps on any movements these days.

I still like your squat video better. :)

I'm definitely much better at squatting than deadlifting.

that was pretty quick, you know there is more in there :) you make all of your lifts look easy

Thanks; I guess the fact I thought my head was going to explode didn't translate through to the vid.

My fave too!

Heavy lift, props!

lolz....

Well done as always.

My advice is celebrate with a beer tonite.
I know this is out of character for you, but one wont kill ya!

I may have had a few celebratory beers....

beast mode.

ON

Kickin' some ass, Jim!!!

Just curious, why the 3-week layoff?

Missed last week because my Dad was in town and the week prior I forget; I think I stayed up late and missed a workout and couldn't make up the DL session on Saturday.

Anyway it seems like the little layoff did no harm.

Sucky form fat a$$, doesn't count!

feelsbadman.jpg

Thanks ID. In my head I know what I need to do; executing is a whole other issue.

I appreciate the support and advice.

Great pull Jim!

Also some good advice by ID.

Thanks; and agreed.

Pretty good pull for a fat guy........ but nothing special:cool:

Congrats Flex. I'll raise a glass to your steady progress later!

Thanks you sir. Cheers.

Dayum!
Congrats brother. You earned every lb..

Adding to the impressiveness is that you can still pass any legit drug test like a boss AND pull this.
I see a very promising future and a future Canadian record holder.-srs

Not sure I would pass a breathalyzer, but no question on the drug test. :D

Thanks Brian. Been seriously considering doing a PL comp. As soon as my BP is at a respectable level I will give it more thought.

Thanks again, O35.

-=FLEX=-

Whitekoala
06-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Great job bro. Ur so close to a 6 plate deadlift, just need another 10lbs i believe u can do it bro

Would u ever consider doing a dual log with me. Maybe a fun race to 650lbs in the future or something.

I hit 560lbs at 181lbs about a month ago at my friends place, so were not too far off from each other.

I think it would be cool, but ya none the less man, great job, u have some good strength

Nikonguy
06-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Jeebus! I need to get busy or change the tag under my pic.

Good work sir. :cool:

Whitekoala
06-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Ya just email me if u want to do the dual log bro. good job again man

induced_drag
06-15-2013, 10:43 AM
http://www.tehcute.com/pics/201201/koala-bear-is-astonished.jpg

Kid,

With all due respect, please stop spamming the >35 section. Every time someone posts a deadlift vid, you are guaranteed to show up. Then you post a vid of your lifts and you are not even lifting from the floor and bouncing wildly. What was funny was the teens in ripped you a new a$$ far worse then you got over here....and they were right to do so.

What about the 18" arm thing? I see you dropped that nonsense.

Look, you are a reasonably strong kid....but this is the >35 section and your demonstrated lack of maturity does not belong here. Sorry....just how I see it.

Whitekoala
06-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Kid,

With all due respect, please stop spamming the >35 section. Every time someone posts a deadlift vid, you are guaranteed to show up. Then you post a vid of your lifts and you are not even lifting from the floor and bouncing wildly. What was funny was the teens in ripped you a new a$$ far worse then you got over here....and they were right to do so.

What about the 18" arm thing? I see you dropped that nonsense.

Look, you are a reasonably strong kid....but this is the >35 section and your demonstrated lack of maturity does not belong here. Sorry....just how I see it.

no idea how my deadlift wasn't on the floor when the weights were touching the ground lmfao

Again i have 0 space in my room. If i wanted to put the weight on the floor, i would have to move everything around, sorry wrong. I have no other way but to deadlift in my power rack, and again the weights do touch the floor, they do touch the floor

I hit 560lbs at my friends place, with chalk on the ground, he is a powerlifter, so his home gym has more space,etc.

Don't care if u believe me or not at 181lbs i hit 560lbs. U seem a bit jealous, because ur always attacking me about my deadlifts, don't be jelly bro.

My arms are 18.5inches almost 19inches. No none sense at all, they are 18.5inches, don't be jelly bro. Will post a pic maybe in a few days, i just measured them yesterday and they were 18.5inches, again something ur jealous about.

I lack maturity? Everytime i even post anything in here, i am always attacked by you, because ur jealous.

Ur mad because my physique and strength is better than yours and u been training for what 20 years, while me just under 3 years.

Again i repsect this section alot, but theres no reason to attack a 20 year old kid in here.

All i posted in here, was simply if the guy maybe wanted to do a dual log for fun, i have done them before and they really motivate each other, it was a kind gesture, no idea why ur mad

induced_drag
06-15-2013, 11:21 AM
On a funny note, this post is exactly what I am talking about. I have seen you ninja edit many times. Below is your ORIGINAL post. Boy, you figured out some of us older guys can actually lift weight and had to edit some of your posts. You are a little punk....save your crap for the teen section.

Here is your post with my responses. (not your edit)

.U seem a bit jealous, because ur always attacking me about my deadlifts, don't be jelly bro.

ummm....no

My arms are 18.5inches almost 19inches. ..., again something ur jealous about.

Um....no

Everytime i even post anything in here, i am always attacked by you, because ur jealous.

Please feel free to provide links to said attacks. (didnt happen)

Ur mad because my physique and strength is better than yours and u been training for what 20 years, while me just under 3 years.

um...no (not even close by the way kid.)

You have good strength....but not even near enough to have an ego like yours. You are living in a very small bubble. Lots of strong guys out there. You just cant see them from your basement.

Again i repsect this section alot, but theres no reason to attack a 20 year old kid in here.

OK...then leave because you are not >35. You dont see me in the teen section.

All i posted in here, was simply if the guy maybe wanted to do a dual log for fun, i have done them before and they really motivate each other, it was a kind gesture, no idea why ur mad

Nice ninja edit. What about your following post? A nice most muscular pose that I made fun of with swapping for a puffy cute harmless Koala?.

Look kid, this section is not for you. Hit the road. Go bounce some more weights off your basement floor calling it deadlifting while you are pulling off the lowest pins because it take too long to pull the bar out of the rack and lift from the floor.

Whitekoala
06-15-2013, 11:37 AM
On a funny note, this post is exactly what I am talking about. I have seen you ninja edit many times. Below is your ORIGINAL post. Boy, you figured out some of us older guys can actually lift weight and had to edit some of your posts. You are a little punk....save your crap for the teen section.

Here is your post with my responses. (not your edit)

ummm....no

Um....no

Please feel free to provide links to said attacks. (didnt happen)

um...no (not even close by the way kid.)

You have good strength....but not even near enough to have an ego like yours. You are living in a very small bubble. Lots of strong guys out there. You just cant see them from your basement.

OK...then leave because you are not >35. You dont see me in the teen section.

Nice ninja edit. What about your following post? A nice most muscular pose that I made fun of with swapping for a puffy cute harmless Koala?.

Look kid, this section is not for you. Hit the road. Go bounce some more weights off your basement floor calling it deadlifting while you are pulling off the lowest pins because it take too long to pull the bar out of the rack and lift from the floor.

There ya go, another attack.

Go bounce some weight off ur basement floor?

How can i bouce the weight off of the floor if its a 1 rep max? Um, i could see if it were a 5 rep max or something, but again, it was a 1 rep max, no idea what ur talking about.

For me to pull the bar out of the rack i would have to move my lat pulldown machine, twist my bed around, and move both of my weight trees. And then moving everything back. Again u simply don't understand, but thats okay.

Ur very immature for being over 35 years.

I mean a guy who is 40 should have some maturity, but i guess not. ur still a kid yourself, u should post in the teen section

And u are jelly. i am not even a powerlifter, u do realize all the stuff i did for powerlifting was a huge joke, u do realize that?

I am a bodybuilder all the way. Thats why i get a huge laugh out off u.

Because i train for bodybuilder, yet i have been training under 3 years, and u been training 20 yeras, and u only deadlift 600lbs at 210lbs. LOL. After 20 years of training lol

I train 100 percent for bodybuilding and i can pull 560lbs at 181lbs. lol.