PDA

View Full Version : when to incorporate refeeds?

Mazry
06-14-2013, 02:50 AM
Hello everyone,

I have been cutting for about two weeks now at around 2100 cals. Basically high prot, moderate fats and the rest carbs.

I've been losing weight pretty consistently but I was wondering if I should incorporate refeeds in my diet right now or wait until the weight loss slows or whatever.

Thank you for your input

bambam601
06-14-2013, 03:07 AM
when weight loss begins to stall or lack of energy.
ime i could tell when i needed a refeed, energy levels would be extremely low.
started out with once every 10 days and by the end of my cut i was doing it twice a week.
just listen to your body and youll know.

BedlamBen
06-14-2013, 03:10 AM
once a week?i had my first 5 days after i started cutting which was a friday and had one every friday after that,consistant fat loss throughout the cut,felt good

NotTheSame
06-14-2013, 04:28 AM
Do you guys eat at maintenance for refeed days or still stay in a negative surplus and just up carbs?

Mazry
06-14-2013, 08:39 AM
when weight loss begins to stall or lack of energy.
ime i could tell when i needed a refeed, energy levels would be extremely low.
started out with once every 10 days and by the end of my cut i was doing it twice a week.
just listen to your body and youll know.

Ok I see. I think I'll do this. Feeling great at the moment, shedding fat and making strenght gains at the same time (is this real life)

germaine07
06-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Do you guys eat at maintenance for refeed days or still stay in a negative surplus and just up carbs?

I bump up calories to what I was eating when bulking pretty much.

FattyMcTubbs
06-14-2013, 09:53 AM

what is a negative surplus?

you minimize fats, meet protein requirements, and eat enough carbs to get to about maintenance, maybe 200 calories above that.

JohnGalt25
06-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Good post about refeeds here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154357071&highlight=refeeding