PDA

View Full Version : Great Baseball Quotes

killsme
06-13-2013, 11:43 AM
my favourite

You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the goddamn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

http://www.quotegarden.com/baseball.html

ragealot
06-13-2013, 12:03 PM
You know it's summertime at Candlestick when the fog rolls in, the wind kicks up, and you see the center fielder slicing open a caribou to survive the ninth inning. ~Bob Sarlette

Also, lol'd at the knuckle ball quotes

There are two theories on hitting the knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them work. ~Charlie Lau, 1982

It actually giggles at you as it goes by. ~Rick Monday, on Phil Niekro's knuckleball, quoted in Sports Illustrated, 1 August 1983

The best way to catch a knuckleball is to wait until the ball stops rolling and then pick it up. ~Bob Uecker

[A knuckleball is] a curve ball that doesn't give a damn. ~Jimmy Cannon

paqua17
06-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Came in expecting Yogi Berra quotes...

Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.

Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the kids out of the house

I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?

He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious

You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.

I knew the record would stand until it was broken.

All pitchers are liars or crybabies.

LetFearBeFriend
06-13-2013, 12:44 PM
"today, i consider myself, the luckiest man in the world"
-Lou Gehrig

gentao
06-13-2013, 12:51 PM
that quote is just as boring as watching baseball

NewYorkMets
06-13-2013, 01:23 PM
The trouble is not that players have sex the night before a game. It's that they stay out all night looking for it.

Casey Stengel

killsme
06-13-2013, 01:57 PM
yeah the knuckleball quotes made me lol