PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else drink coffee all day long?

redmelly
06-13-2013, 10:31 AM
I love to drink coffee all day long, up until about 6pm even. Sometimes later. Anyone else do this? It keeps my energy up and decreases my appetite.

They say it stains your teeth but I use Crest White Strips and don't have that problem. Oh, and I make sure to pound the water along with it, since caffeine can dehydrate you.

Marius_Ursus
06-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Yes. It appears to be an acceptable replacement addiction for cigarettes.

MyNemisis
06-13-2013, 10:37 AM
I drink one full pot (12 cups) spread out through out the day. I have a thermos I fill every morning, plus my travel mug. I throw some ground cinnamon in with the coffee grounds for added flavor.

Jtbny
06-13-2013, 10:37 AM
No, but I do drink Coke Zero or Pepsi Max (whichever is on sale) all day :) Decreases my appetite too, or at least I think it does ;)

redmelly
06-13-2013, 10:40 AM
I drink one full pot (12 cups) spread out through out the day. I have a thermos I fill every morning, plus my travel mug. I throw some ground cinnamon in with the coffee grounds for added flavor.

Oh, cinnamon. Good idea. Also shown to naturally lower blood sugar, I've read.

EB68
06-13-2013, 10:47 AM
I am another coffee lover. I drink several cups per day spread out over the course of the day. I also drink a lot of water as well, 2 gallons per day as much as possible.

jett69
06-13-2013, 11:00 AM
I drink one 8oz black coffee on non workout days. just cause i take prework stim on training days.

i do love the starbucks frap and mcd hazel nut ice coffee.

crupiea
06-13-2013, 11:05 AM
I drink about 3 cups in the morning and then a few during the day.

I make a whole pot every day but dont drink it all, maybe 3/4 of it in total.

flyineagle96
06-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Hopefully, u don't get the eye twitch!!!

SleeperService
06-13-2013, 11:48 AM
I drink coffee and diet coke all day.

I have had the dreaded eye twitch on occasion.

Still love that stuff though.

jediokie
06-13-2013, 12:00 PM
I drank coffee all day long ever since I was in the Navy waaay back in the 90's. Recently I've dropped it done to 1 16oz cup at work and 1 big mug full at night and then I slam water in between. Don't know why I cut back, but it started about the time I started working out.

muscleshakes
06-13-2013, 12:04 PM
No, but I do drink Coke Zero or Pepsi Max (whichever is on sale) all day :) Decreases my appetite too, or at least I think it does ;) I wouldnt do this. Soda esp diet sodas are one of the worst things you can put in your body. Aspertame is in most of them. Coffee is very healthy actually. If you dont like coffee but like caffiene drink a 5 hr energy drink or something with sucrose.

muscleshakes
06-13-2013, 12:06 PM
I drink coffee and diet coke all day.

I have had the dreaded eye twitch on occasion.

Still love that stuff though. coffee great but take that diet coke and throw it in the dumpster.

2nd_chance
06-13-2013, 12:07 PM
I wouldnt do this. Soda esp diet sodas are one of the worst things you can put in your body. Aspertame is in most of them. Coffee is very healthy actually. If you dont like coffee but like caffiene drink a 5 hr energy drink or something with sucrose.
Diet soda will actually make a horn grow out of your forehead. Srs.

costahobo
06-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Coffee doesn't keep your energy levels up. Coffee causes crazy amounts of stress on your CNS. Maybe try getting your diet in check (and sleeping properly), and you'll find that you don't need coffee (nor other stimulants) to make it through the day.

Phattso
06-13-2013, 12:18 PM
I drink good coffee on Sundays, Wed and Fridays and only in the mornings. Otherwise I get too used to the caffeine and I like the buzz. I'm not that OCD, but maybe just a little.

CFPeterson68
06-13-2013, 12:26 PM
I've been having trouble staying asleep so I cut way back on coffee. One cup right after I wake up and maybe a cup a at work at like 3PM if I'm working out at, say, 5.

djflex
06-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Tried to post earlier but hands too shaky from massive amounts of coffee

redmelly
06-13-2013, 12:41 PM
I drink one 8oz black coffee on non workout days. just cause i take prework stim on training days.

i do love the starbucks frap and mcd hazel nut ice coffee.

I'm sometimes tempted by those drinks but so far have resisted. I just have regular coffee, black. Always black.

mslman71
06-13-2013, 12:46 PM
I did until I thought I was having a heart attack that turned out to be GERD. Turns out coffee aggravates the living crap out of it, or perhaps it's the caffeine/coffee combo as it doesn't seem to be as bad with decaf. I used to have the stomach of a goat now it seems damn near anything can set it off but coffee is the worst.

ljimd
06-13-2013, 12:52 PM
I start every day with coffee and heavy cream. Once in a while
one in the afternoon laced with Bailey's. Love my coffee, but leave
it alone in the evenings.

redmelly
06-13-2013, 12:55 PM
I start every day with coffee and heavy cream. Once in a while
one in the afternoon laced with Bailey's. Love my coffee, but leave
it alone in the evenings.

Kahlua is good in coffee, too.

Sneza
06-13-2013, 12:57 PM
I do, but the problem is I drink turkish coffee and one of them is like 2-3 espressos

being doing this since I was young, but i dont smoke cigarettes

SleeperService
06-13-2013, 01:14 PM

It did for me. Fortunately it compliments my nose.

scullin
06-13-2013, 01:20 PM
I pretty much drink it all day too. But I have cut back a little recently. I only had 2 cups today, had been up to 7 cups before. I probably average 3 to 4 now on most days.

Jtbny
06-13-2013, 01:23 PM
I wouldnt do this. Soda esp diet sodas are one of the worst things you can put in your body. Aspertame is in most of them. Coffee is very healthy actually. If you dont like coffee but like caffiene drink a 5 hr energy drink or something with sucrose.

I wish I liked coffee. I do drink a good amount of green tea a day as well as water. I've been trying to kick my diet soda habit but always end up back on the bottle :)

Sweet, I have something to look forward too!

lolakitten
06-13-2013, 01:51 PM
OMG you guys. If I drink coffee like that I'd never be able to sleep! I drink coffee on occasion in the early afternoon if I'm desperate. (I do take 200mg of caffeine pre-workout though)

lolakitten
06-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Coffee doesn't keep your energy levels up. Coffee causes crazy amounts of stress on your CNS. Maybe try getting your diet in check (and sleeping properly), and you'll find that you don't need coffee (nor other stimulants) to make it through the day.

This!

TiberiusClaudis
06-13-2013, 02:21 PM
I drink green tea all day long...either hot or iced. I make sure it's decaf.

My dentist has mentioned about stains on my lower teeth, so he recommend drinking via a straw. I don't know, drinking from a straw seems kind of well...girly (nothing against girls :) )

socket
06-13-2013, 02:42 PM
I drink about twenty oz. Every morning.

I also drink a couple cups before/during training.

For a while I was drinking all day long... and I did get the eye twitch!

84warlok
06-13-2013, 02:44 PM
I drink green tea all day long...either hot or iced. I make sure it's decaf.

My dentist has mentioned about stains on my lower teeth, so he recommend drinking via a straw. I don't know, drinking from a straw seems kind of well...girly (nothing against girls :) )

I drink as many as 8 16oz thermos a day, on work days. I never drink coffee anywhere but on my job. I eliminated diet sodas (almost completely) back in November. At first that sucked, badly. But, now I don't even really crave them. At home I drink tea.

mal1ce
06-13-2013, 03:04 PM
I drink anywhere from 3~5 iced Venti Americanos about 4 or 5 days a week. However, I drink decaf, mostly out of personal preference/health reasons, not because caffeine keeps me up or makes me twitchy. Stims/caffeine dont really affect me, could fall asleep on them if I had to.

Sen8or
06-13-2013, 03:10 PM
1 double shot 12 oz latte to start the day and 2 single shot 8oz throughout the day.

Beans no older than 3 weeks post roast, ground just prior to extracting the shot. Quality over quantity.

BLaaR
06-14-2013, 01:11 AM
I finally figured that coffee is not bad for my diet, it is the one spoon of sugar with it though.

6- 10 spoons of sugar daily = BAD

PersonaNonGrata
06-14-2013, 01:24 AM
Non-stop coffee all morning

Vast buckets of tea in the afternoon/evening. Got to keep that English stereotype alive.

Must dash, corgis need walkin' and my butler is busy polishing the Rolls

Flounderbout
06-14-2013, 01:30 AM
Non-stop coffee all morning

Vast buckets of tea in the afternoon/evening. Got to keep that English stereotype alive.

Must dash, corgis need walkin' and my butler is busy polishing the Rolls

I have bad news for you if your butler is polishing the Rolls.

He is not a real butler. No butler worth his salt would stoop to such a menial task.

Also, you need to sack a) your footman, and b) your chauffeur, for not telling the footman that the Rolls needed polishing.

Also why on earth would you walk your own corgis?

PersonaNonGrata
06-14-2013, 01:34 AM
I have clearly been exposed as the peasant that i am :)

I still like tea, though i confess i generally make it myself.....

Flounderbout
06-14-2013, 01:36 AM
Soda esp diet sodas are one of the worst things you can put in your body. Aspertame is in most of them.

Yeah, aspertame. It is really really bad. It is extracted from poisonous snakes, hence the "asp". And the "tame" part was added by a global conspiracy of food companies who are determined to kill you to make you think it is harmless, when in fact it is literally one of the worst things you can put in your body. You know, out of all the things that scientific evidence has shown not to be harmful in any way.

PersonaNonGrata
06-14-2013, 01:49 AM
Yeah, aspertame. It is really really bad. It is extracted from poisonous snakes, hence the "asp". And the "tame" part was added by a global conspiracy of food companies who are determined to kill you to make you think it is harmless, when in fact it is literally one of the worst things you can put in your body. You know, out of all the things that scientific evidence has shown not to be harmful in any way.

Not sure if serious?!

Aspartame is an ester of two amino acids L-aspartic acid (L-aspartate) and L-phenylalanine, and it's made in a factory.

It denatures in the body into phenylalanine (which is why some soda cans have "contains a source of phenylalanine" on the label). There are a huge number of scientific studies demonstrating it's safety. I have read a few, but there are so many it would take a lifetime to read them all.

There is a vast amount of scaremongering on the subject though, and one wonders what role is played in this by the powerful Corn Syrup industry (in the US) and equally influential European sugar industry.