06-13-2013, 10:30 AM
us plays rugby ? new to me.

shoelaces
sevens or union

No league?

wisdommaster1
how many tallywhackers do we need to score 48 unit of score?

PBoutoftheJar
06-13-2013, 10:33 AM
how many tallywhackers do we need to score 48 unit of score?

wut

bustermac
06-13-2013, 10:35 AM
This is like playing the USA in soccer. We don't care about this game. Our best athletes are playing REAL FOOTBALL.

Congrats UK, your country's best athletes are beating our community college football cuts.

shoelaces
06-13-2013, 10:36 AM
This is like playing the USA in soccer. We don't care about this game. Our best athletes are playing REAL FOOTBALL.

Rugby is an amazing game. If you follow it at all, it makes all the constant breaks in american football very annoying.

snp1686
06-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Rugby? Dude, iím gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks fcking pathetic and digusting compared to my sport. and Iím being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont play sht that is played by phags. youíre a fuking joke dude, and im dead fuking serious. get a real sport that scores touchdowns, slam dunks, hits homeruns and has a good fuking time, and has a milliondollar house on the beach, im seriously.. dont eever potst your fuking poverty sporton these forums ever the fuk again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, fuking phaggot.

Rawthentik
06-13-2013, 10:37 AM
say that to our face on a football field not rubgy and see wut happens

bustermac
06-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Rugby is an amazing game. If you follow it at all, it makes all the constant breaks in american football very annoying.
I actually do respect rugby as a game...so much more than soccer.

But the fact is, it's not a major sport for us and those who do play it are far from being our elite athletes. We just have more options professionally in this country and the choices are so much more than soccer or rugby.

LOLugonbemad
06-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Lol Rugby

Sergis
06-13-2013, 10:39 AM
say that to our face on a football field not rubgy and see wut happens you'll run away to put on your suit of armor? and then take a break every minute?

dave.mc
USA should get their handegg body armour for protection, real sports like rugby can be dangerous

shoelaces
I actually do respect rugby as a game...so much more than soccer.

But the fact is, it's not a major sport for us and those who do play it are far from being our elite athletes. We just have more options professionally in this country and the choices are so much more than soccer or rugby.

Are you joking? If you make into professional sports, you are an elite athlete. I get your point about the popularity in the US and how it draws more attention and potential athletes to it. But to marginalize an entire sport by saying it has subpar athletes is just wrong.

Preban_AR15
06-13-2013, 10:40 AM
Don't understand any rules of rugby but it looks interesting and intense. I can see how it's a good game but since no one understands it or is even exposed to it, no one cares.

PLZGO
06-13-2013, 10:40 AM
caring about rugby junior leagues....this is what europeans actually believe?

GiantMonkey
06-13-2013, 10:41 AM
I didn't know this existed

HumptyBrah
06-13-2013, 10:43 AM
What is rugby?

Oh wait is that that one sport that former football players play when they're not good enough to play football in college?

bustermac
06-13-2013, 10:44 AM
caring about rugby junior leagues....this is what europeans actually believe?

That's all they have. They're inferior in every other way.

TheSithLord
06-13-2013, 10:46 AM
That's all they have. They're inferior in every other way.

pretty much this, America is always on the news in europe they know who runs the world

bustermac
06-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Are you joking? If you make into professional sports, you are an elite athlete. I get your point about the popularity in the US and how it draws more attention and potential athletes to it. But to marginalize an entire sport by saying it has subpar athletes is just wrong.

I didn't marginalize the sport, just the "accomplishment" of beating a USA team that doesn't view it as a major sport like other countries do.

This would be like an American bragging about winning more Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contests than England. It's not just something Brits do.

thedoggod
We don't give a fawk about rugby. Come see us in practically any other sport.

HumptyBrah
I didn't marginalize the sport, just the "accomplishment" of beating a USA team that doesn't view it as a major sport like other countries do.

This would be like an American bragging about winning more Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contests than England.
lol this. I've never met a single person irl that even knows we have a junior rugby team.

mstatefan91
06-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Play us in American football, baseball, or basketball and see how it turns out.

Your mindset, "Lol we totally destroyed the Americans in a sport that they don't give a chit about while rugby is one of our top sports."

lol

shoelaces
06-13-2013, 10:49 AM

This would be like an American bragging about winning more Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contests than England. It's not just something Brits do.

Your example of soccer and rugby in the US is ironic when you bring up american football in the next sentence. Yeah, it's true that most people in the US don't care about soccer or rugby, in the same way no one cares about american football outside of the US. You claim the US is the best at a sport that no one else plays or cares about. Just pointing out the irony.

victor_maximus
06-13-2013, 10:50 AM
When Adrian Peterson starts playing rugby, is the day I start to care about rugby. Thus I will never care.

Vatefairenculer
06-13-2013, 10:51 AM
USA is losing so they say they 'don't care'

never change.

shoelaces
We don't give a fawk about rugby. Come see us in practically any other sport.

No one else plays american football. The US has the best basketball team, that's about it. Can't even win the world baseball classic, even though baseball is considered america's favorite past time.

mstatefan91
Your example of soccer and rugby in the US is ironic when you bring up american football in the next sentence. Yeah, it's true that most people in the US don't care about soccer or rugby, in the same way no one cares about american football outside of the US. You claim the US is the best at a sport that no one else plays or cares about. Just pointing out the irony.I think he was saying that it would be the same thing as someone getting on here and saying we just destroyed England in football. Nobody would care because it would be expected.

TheSithLord
06-13-2013, 10:52 AM
hey world remember this? Play us in any real sport phaggots

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/LeBron-James-Dancing-After-Winning-Gold-Medal-2012-London-Olympics.gif

mstatefan91
06-13-2013, 10:53 AM
No one else plays american football. The US has the best basketball team, that's about it. Can't even win the world baseball classic, even though baseball is considered america's favorite past time.Have you seen the Olympics? There are more sports than just baseball, football, basketball, soccer, and rugby

TheSithLord
No one else plays american football. The US has the best basketball team, that's about it. Can't even win the world baseball classic, even though baseball is considered america's favorite past time.

LMAO like any of the all stars were playing at the classic

mikemarek
Wasn't aware US played rugby. I always wanted to play, I'll probably try it in college or something

shoelaces
I think he was saying that it would be the same thing as someone getting on here and saying we just destroyed England in football. Nobody would care because it would be expected.

Yeah that is true. But saying american football is the real football is ignorant. Don't get me wrong, I love cfb and the nfl but stating we are the best at a sport that only we play is just stupid.

HumptyBrah
Your example of soccer and rugby in the US is ironic when you bring up american football in the next sentence. Yeah, it's true that most people in the US don't care about soccer or rugby, in the same way no one cares about american football outside of the US. You claim the US is the best at a sport that no one else plays or cares about. Just pointing out the irony.
Actually it's relevant. We suck at marginal sports like rugby because all of our best athletes play other sports.

Do you even baseball? Our WBC team was like our B/C team.

bustermac
06-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Yeah that is true. But saying american football is the real football is ignorant. Don't get me wrong, I love cfb and the nfl but stating we are the best at a sport that only we play is just stupid.

No, the NFL is real football.

Not backing down on this fact.

http://www.stopdoingthis.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/soccer-flop.jpg

NinjaKix
06-13-2013, 10:54 AM
I have watched 1 rugby game in my entire life, I was like 8 years old. I was beyond confused and had no idea what the purpose of the "Scrum" they were doing every 3 minutes was for.

ace_gauntlit
06-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Play us in American football, baseball, or basketball and see how it turns out.

Your mindset, "Lol we totally destroyed the Americans in a sport that they don't give a chit about while rugby is one of our top sports."

lol

you felt like gods and bragged all over the misc when you won most medals at the Olympic games, in sports no one ever ****ing heard of or cared about. But know you pretend you "don't care" about Rugby. lol.

shoelaces
06-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Actually it's relevant. We suck at marginal sports like rugby because all of our best athletes play other sports.

Do you even baseball? Our WBC team was like our B/C team.

So when we lose on a global level, it either comes down to 1)we don't care about this sport 2)our fielded team was our 'b' team.

MiKey4
06-13-2013, 10:56 AM

http://www.stopdoingthis.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/soccer-flop.jpgRugby is a few decades younger than your country. Football (soccer) is many centuries older.

Not backing down doesn't mean you're not wrong.

RambJoe
06-13-2013, 10:57 AM

http://www.stopdoingthis.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/soccer-flop.jpg

Yeah you're right, real football is the sport where you don't use your feet to control a ball or even use a ball.

HumptyBrah
06-13-2013, 10:57 AM
So when we lose on a global level, it either comes down to 1)we don't care about this sport 2)our fielded team was our 'b' team.
1. We don't care about rugby
2. Our WBC team was in fact made up of marginal talent compared to what we could have fielded. MLB managers don't want their best players playing in it because it's right in the middle of spring training.

I don't understand why you have an issue with this. If you don't understand those two points to be true, you have no place posting in sports threads. Real talk.

EssexBrah
06-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Lol at the sensitive Americans ITT

HumptyBrah
06-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Lol at the sensitive Americans ITT
lol @ calling us sensitive when all we're doing is trying to drop knowledge on the xenophobic Euros itt

lotusfreek
06-13-2013, 11:00 AM
ITT: op tried to rustle american jimmies.
Americans say "Wat"
Non american jimmies rustled about lack of care.

shoelaces
06-13-2013, 11:00 AM
1. We don't care about rugby
2. Our WBC team was in fact made up of marginal talent compared to what we could have fielded. MLB managers don't want their best players playing in it because it's right in the middle of spring training.

I don't understand why you have an issue with this. If you don't understand those two points to be true, you have no place posting in sports threads. Real talk.

Says the guy who got so butthurt about the truth he negs anyone who disagrees. If you cannot refute arguments without resorting to petty ad hominem attacks, maybe you should be the one who should stay away.

bustermac
06-13-2013, 11:01 AM

Now you're catching on.

See Olympic basketball as an example of what happens when they face us in a sport we care about.

HumptyBrah
06-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Says the guy who got so butthurt about the truth he negs anyone who disagrees. If you cannot refute arguments without resorting to petty ad hominem attacks, maybe you should be the one who should stay away.
My post was facts, my neg was an ad hominem. You mad I can multitask?

BEARDofNORRIS
06-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Lol...rugby's cool, but I'm pretty sure there's not an American on these boards who even realized we had a team.

Hankster20
06-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Now you're catching on.

See Olympic basketball as an example of what happens when they face us in a sport we care about.

No one really takes basketball seriously apart from America... and didn't murica still manage to lose at a recent olympics?

lol

Krunk Fu
I respect rugby, but as a sport it's maybe in 1% or US grade schools making the amount of people exposed to the sport very very fuking small. Only people I know that play are Irish Americans who didn't play high school sports - or didn't contribute to high school sports on the playing field.

victor_maximus
baseball is considered america's favorite past time.

The 1950's called, now days that's just a cliche

1. Football (American)
2. Basketball
3. Baseball
4. Hockey (regional)
5. Golf
6. Soccer (moving up in the ranking)
7. Tennis

Edit: I forgot about rugby because that's how much we don't care. I have no clue where rugby would even fall into the rankings.

shoelaces
06-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Now you're catching on.

Lmao. You conveniently left out the part where I said basketball is the only global sport that the US really dominates in.

AndrewM46
06-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Why don't we just all settle down and agree that motocross is the best sport in the world.

Maestro
06-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Congrats UK, your country's best athletes are beating our community college football cuts.

This is very true. Most of our "professional" Rugby and "futbol" players couldn't cut it in the sports that actually matter/pay well monetarily in the US (Basketball/american football/Baseball) so they're not exactly our best athletes. If US Rugby players were give multimillion dollar contracts then you'd probably start seeing the best we have to offer playing and you'd then see a better team from us.

shoelaces
My post was facts, my neg was an ad hominem. You mad I can multitask?

Opinions are now facts.

Thai_Clinch
USA is losing so they say they 'don't care'

never change.

ruby wasnt even on tv in this country. why the **** would we care ? i doubt you could even find it on espn.com in our country.

rugby in this country is the equivilent to hockey in egypt.

Krunk Fu
06-13-2013, 11:07 AM
ruby wasnt even on tv in this country. why the **** would we care ? i doubt you could even find it on espn.com in our country.

rugby in this country is the equivilent to hockey in egypt. this is true..game wasn't even on TV. Didn't even know we had one. How can I possibly care about something I don't hear or know about?

EssexBrah
lol @ calling us sensitive when all we're doing is trying to drop knowledge on the xenophobic Euros itt

You obviously don't realise this is a troll thread, of course we would be beat you in rugby the same way you would beat us in american football

nzgs

You don't play real football. You play some a girly version of rugby because you ****ing suck at rugby. Bunch of beta pussies.

HumptyBrah
06-13-2013, 11:08 AM
No one really takes basketball seriously apart from America... and didn't murica still manage to lose at a recent olympics?

lol
What? We've won 14 gold medals, including the last 2, and have lost like 5 games ever.

Opinions are now facts.
How is it an opinion that 1. Americans by and large don't care about rugby, and 2. most of the best players in baseball were left off the WBC team?

RicksenUK
06-13-2013, 11:09 AM
The Americans are used to having shoulder pads and helmets Rugby players don't need that phaggot chit. That's why Americans lose as rugby is far too physical for some NFL phaggot drop out.

HumptyBrah
06-13-2013, 11:09 AM
You obviously don't realise this is a troll thread, of course we would be beat you in rugby the same way you would beat us in american football
The OP may have been trolling but the rest of the mad Euros ITT aren't.

You don't play real football. You play some a girly version of rugby because you ****ing suck at rugby. Bunch of beta pussies.lol, ok. I don't judge the sport of rugby itself because I've never played it, so don't judge football.

zdream
06-13-2013, 11:11 AM
In on successful roll bread

shoelaces
06-13-2013, 11:12 AM
What? We've won 14 gold medals, including the last 2, and have lost like 5 games ever.

How is it an opinion that 1. Americans by and large don't care about rugby, and 2. most of the best players in baseball were left off the WBC team?

Says the guy who never even looked at the 2006 and 2009 US roster. Anything else?

bustermac
06-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Rugby is a few decades younger than your country. Football (soccer) is many centuries older.

Not backing down doesn't mean you're not wrong.

So in your world, the phonograph is the epitome of audio quality because it's older. You probably light your home with candles too.

PBoutoftheJar
06-13-2013, 11:14 AM
In on successful roll bread

tehe ty men

bustermac
06-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Lmao. You conveniently left out the part where I said basketball is the only global sport that the US really dominates in.

It's not our fault that Europe can't field a football or baseball team that can compete with us. If you did scrape up a team, we'd dominate you in that sport too.

HumptyBrah
Says the guy who never even looked at the 2006 and 2009 US roster. Anything else?
lolwut. You've proven you don't know shiit about baseball, stop embarrassing yourself.

TheSithLord
You don't play real football. You play some a girly version of rugby because you ****ing suck at rugby. Bunch of beta pussies.

Your best rugby players vs our best football players

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX1ZqBLced2ZujizpTKu1Dfx3mgXZeH BcII6HkmsUlC54alrtEmQ

http://www.helloamanda.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/adrian-peterson-02_.jpg

brb players 6'4 260 that run a 4.5 40
JDIjCdfm6FM

bustermac
06-13-2013, 11:16 AM
The Americans are used to having shoulder pads and helmets Rugby players don't need that phaggot chit. That's why Americans lose as rugby is far too physical for some NFL phaggot drop out.

Bigger, stronger, faster, all-around better athletes = need for protection

Vatefairenculer
06-13-2013, 11:18 AM
It's not our fault that Europe can't field a football or baseball team that can compete with us. If you did scrape up a team, we'd dominate you in that sport too.

Maybe USA should start playing real sports, we do not like exercises here in europe

bustermac
06-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Rugby player, welcome to the NFL. Watch at 1:08.

Z_vYB3walr4

Even his own highlights are violent:
DgO57C5ic1Y

http://nflredskins.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/sav-rocca-gif.gif?w=620&h=397

In rugby, BRB you have the ball and everyone moves away instead of trying to kill you:
civKdIgEC6I

He's my team's punter so I'm a big fan of him...but even he gets lit up by NFL players.

Oh look, we do use our feet in football.

HumptyBrah
06-13-2013, 11:20 AM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX1ZqBLced2ZujizpTKu1Dfx3mgXZeH BcII6HkmsUlC54alrtEmQ

JDIjCdfm6FM
in b4 someone posts the pic of Andre Smith running the 40 or Terrance Cody getting weighed.

GrecoRoman
06-13-2013, 11:20 AM
lmao you English miscers have such a little brother complex. Anytime England beat the US at something one of you phaggots is on here making a thread. Nobody gives a fuk about rugby here, we play actual football.

zdream
06-13-2013, 11:21 AM

holy fuk who is that? dat arm to delt ratio.

killerk13
to be fair, 1 in every like 100 high schools in America has a rugby team. Obviously this wasn't going to go well..

SelleItalia
Ireland vs New Zealand is so much better lol

SkinnySarge
06-13-2013, 11:22 AM
If you want a sports related dik measuring contest, the best standard to use is the Olympics. USA's dik is like 4,386 gold medals long. England's dik is MAYBE 1/4 the size of one bronze medal. We are better than you. U mad?

FOA

Third place in 04 in a sport most of the world wouldn't even know or care about if Michael Jordan never existed.

BigDawg69
average size
NFL- 6'2 248
Rugby- 6 198
lol at your poverty athletes

Hankster20
06-13-2013, 11:23 AM
lmao you English miscers have such a little brother complex. Anytime England beat the US at something one of you phaggots is on here making a thread. Nobody gives a fuk about rugby here, we play actual football.

Call it american football... everyone outside of america sees football as a sport that involves a person foot, and a ball.

average size
NFL- 6'2 248
Rugby- 6 198
lol at your poverty athletes

No wonder they need breaks after ten seconds of exertion lol

celticbrah
say that to our face on a football field not rubgy and see wut happens

let me just put all this armour on and i will phaggot

BigDawg69
laron landry, he's a 6'3 250lb safety who ran a 4.4 at the combine. Too bad he can't stay healthy

mozzer6
06-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Lol @ the butthurt in this thread

saying come and watch us play basketball, brb no one in the UK has played since the year space jam came out
Brb never met anyone who's even watched an american football game nevermind played it.

When England play the US in any of the sports listed above and are winning, brb threads about it.

HumptyBrah
06-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Third place in 04 in a sport most of the world wouldn't even know or care about if Michael Jordan never existed.
Oh you mean 2 gold medals ago?

And FIBA has 213 member nations. Yeah, nobody cares about basketball :rolleyes: (ps - Michael Jordan did exist, so even if your post is valid idk what the relevance is)

HumptyBrah
06-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Lol @ the butthurt in this thread

saying come and watch us play basketball, brb no one in the UK has played since the year space jam came out
Brb never met anyone who's even watched an american football game nevermind played it.

When England play the US in any of the sports listed above and are winning, brb threads about it.
You must live out in the countryside because the NFL sells out Wembley Stadium every year.

ace_gauntlit
06-13-2013, 11:26 AM

JDIjCdfm6FM

lmfao at this. how can one take this sport serious? brb everyone juiced up to the max. actual skills, none.

TheSithLord
lmfao at this. how can one take this sport serious? brb everyone juiced up to the max. actual skills, none.

In terms of athleticism, come the **** at me you pussy as kunts

kpo_sL4d5hs

this is one player brb 6'4 260 players running 4.5 40's lol at you pasty as rugby players

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7nuFatS5XEfNG-24MdPiZd09NiA4I8hQVp5meGZd0TUjUAz5l
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr300/schneidaho/adrian-peterson-02_.jpg
http://www.bleepingidiots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/landry-laron-muscles-300x2502.jpg

****ing lol
http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/WK-AQ618_RUGBY__G_20090729183544.jpg

FOA
If you want a sports related dik measuring contest, the best standard to use is the Olympics. USA's dik is like 4,386 gold medals long. England's dik is MAYBE 1/4 the size of one bronze medal. We are better than you. U mad?

US is massive compared to the UK. Break it down to per capita and you're not very impressive at all. Break it down by the amount of funding your athletes get and the sporting excellence schemes you have in comparison and you're even less so. Basically you have to pump more money than most nations to create am edal winning athlete.

RambJoe
06-13-2013, 11:27 AM

Wat? I thought America doesn't care about football? Are you going to win the World Cup in Rio in 2014 now that you care about it?

rspb
06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Strong everything, you people all need to chill.

mozzer6
06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
You must live out in the countryside because the NFL sells out Wembley Stadium every year.
Why would that mean I live in the country side?

Point still stands I've never met anyones whos watched a match nevermind played it and I live in a city.

I wonder what % of those people are Americans who go to that to.

Maestro
06-13-2013, 11:29 AM

oh god this again? This has been discuss at length on these forums.

American Football hits harder but on a less frequent basis than Rugby. Our players were dying on the field from tackles back in the early 20th centruy, that is why they started wearing headgear and pads.

FOA
Oh you mean 2 gold medals ago?

And FIBA has 213 member nations. Yeah, nobody cares about basketball :rolleyes: (ps - Michael Jordan did exist, so even if your post is valid idk what the relevance is)

How many basketball leagues outside of the USA are bringing in a lot of money and selling out stadiums again?

PBoutoftheJar

JDIjCdfm6FM

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/misc%20bb/grand/t4f5p.gif

Darkcoo
06-13-2013, 11:30 AM
America destroys you in real sports.

supremebro
06-13-2013, 11:30 AM
wtf, who plays rugby here in the US?

never once seen a rugby game televised on fox sports / espn.

HumptyBrah
06-13-2013, 11:31 AM
US is massive compared to the UK. Break it down to per capita and you're not very impressive at all. Break it down by the amount of funding your athletes get and the sporting excellence schemes you have in comparison and you're even less so. Basically you have to pump more money than most nations to create am edal winning athlete.
lmao you're almost out of straws to grasp at bruv.

And by "funding," idk if you mean our Olympics program or our athletes' salaries. Very few of our Olympic athletes are actually paid to play their sport, most earn a living on endorsements, etc. As for our program as a whole, the USOC is funded entirely by private donations.

How many basketball leagues outside of the USA are bringing in a lot of money and selling out stadiums again?
So because we play the best basketball in the world here that somehow detracts from our success? lmao at you.

NinjaKix
06-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Put Chris Johnson, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Adrian Peterson, Lesean Mccoy etc on a rugby field and watch us dominate

Maestro
06-13-2013, 11:32 AM
wtf, who plays rugby here in the US?

never once seen a rugby game televised on fox sports / espn.

When the NHL wasn't being televised a few years ago there were a few Rugby games scattered throughout the alphabet networks from time to time.

PBoutoftheJar
06-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Put Chris Johnson, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Adrian Peterson, Lesean Mccoy etc on a rugby field and watch us dominate

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

PuzzledMidget
06-13-2013, 11:34 AM
MPnz3VfcfIY

FWILREWptvs

from comments on second video

Rugby is all around the best sport because every individual player on the field has to have the skill of passing, running with the ball, tackling, kicking, etc.
In American Football one player passes the ball. 2-3 do the catching, one does the running, and 11 on Defense does the tackling.

Not a bad point but I like how hard NFL hits, but hate all the stop start stuff.

FOA
06-13-2013, 11:35 AM
lmao you're almost out of straws to grasp at bruv.

And by "funding," idk if you mean our Olympics program or our athletes' salaries. Very few of our Olympic athletes are actually paid to play their sport, most earn a living on endorsements, etc. As for our program as a whole, the USOC is funded entirely by private donations.

So because we play the best basketball in the world here that somehow detracts from our success? lmao at you.

No way mate. I'm on point.

You're comparing the medal tally of a nation 40 times bigger than the uk .

lsiberian
06-13-2013, 11:35 AM
America already owned Rugby back when we cared about it. These days we've moved on to more advanced games. Rugby is fun to watch, but there is way more money in the NFL, NBA, MLS, MLB, MLL, WNBA, NHL, XGames, Olympic Sports. Rugby is a club sport in American schools.

But just so you know we still own the last Gold Medal in it from when we did care about it.

newtothelift
06-13-2013, 11:37 AM

'Real football' - the game where the ball actually only touches a foot 10 - 15 times a game and where athletes run for max 20 seconds at a time AND was only created because Americans were so terrible at rugby and so soft that they decided to throw the ball forward, protect themselves with pads and stop the game over and over and over....

supremebro
06-13-2013, 11:37 AM
lol there is a gay union rugby cup
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-22509888

http://agmagazine.com.ar/noticias/images/rugbywc20070718-01.jpg

wickedman
06-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Pretty sad to get your ass kicked like that in any sport, but as people have mentioned -

I imagine the quality of athletes in the US goes something like:

1) Football
2) Basketball
3/4) Baseball/Hockey
5) Soccer

~20) Rugby

bustermac
06-13-2013, 11:39 AM

LaRon Landry

He bench-presses as a pregame warmup. SRS.

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/sports_impact/photo/laron-landry-warmup-d0522112a4d992d2.jpg

http://www.ballhogsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/LL1.jpg

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/burgundyblog/1018221502/1/tumblr_l7sp9o8cHG1qbjfvc

http://www.musclemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/LaRonLandry2.jpg

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/laron-landry-ripped-2.jpg

http://static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/uploads/2012/02/laron-landry-2-e1330018773322.jpeg

http://static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/uploads/2012/02/laron-landry-e1330018583527.jpeg

2rEOrFywuL8

Love the camera angle on the replay.

mojo85
06-13-2013, 11:39 AM
America Loses a sport outside the Major 4: Oh wow you beat us pfft who cares we don't even like that sport, we're still the best at everything else, so what if we talked chit

America Wins a sport outside the Major 4: AHHH WE WON!! U.S.A! U.S.A! We're the best at this game, I don't understand it and still don't really like it but we're the best! You guys suck! This is the best thing to happen since the pron I watched 12 minutes ago wooooooooooo!!!

Come at me Murica (srs no hate against Murica, but c'mon, it is like that lolz)

LiverpoolFC1993
06-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Lol at American phaggots thinking a game where you protect the whole body using pads and chit then bum each other on the field is harder to play than a real man's game like rugby; no protection, no break every 2 minutes, no chest pump (homo).

HumptyBrah

What? Our population is barely 5x yours. Where are you getting 40 from?

Oh, and GB fielded more athletes than the US did in 2012.

lsiberian
Rugby is all around the best sport because every individual player on the field has to have the skill of passing, running with the ball, tackling, kicking, etc.

Only South Africa and New Zealand really care about Rugby even Australia has it's own football now which is more entertaining than Rugby. Rugby is a niche sport for island dwellers.

Call me when they allow you to pass in Rugby.

Basketball716
usa does rugby?

supremebro

not our phucking problem your stupid ass country lost every single part of it's empire, keep making excuses we still whoop your ass so bad in your own country in the olympics

bustermac
06-13-2013, 11:42 AM
'Real football' - the game where the ball actually only touches a foot 10 - 15 times a game and where athletes run for max 20 seconds at a time AND was only created because Americans were so terrible at rugby and so soft that they decided to throw the ball forward, protect themselves with pads and stop the game over and over and over....

Brits always go back to criticizing the game's name when they have no other argument on their side.

I once ordered fish and chips...did not get any chips.

celticbrah
06-13-2013, 11:42 AM
America already owned Rugby back when we cared about it. These days we've moved on to more advanced games. Rugby is fun to watch, but there is way more money in the NFL, NBA, MLS, MLB, MLL, WNBA, NHL, XGames, Olympic Sports. Rugby is a club sport in American schools.

But just so you know we still own the last Gold Medal in it from when we did care about it.

lol at thinking a sport is the best just because the guys that play it are big and run into each other hard and earns lots of money, lol just fuking lol

supremebro
06-13-2013, 11:43 AM
America Loses a sport outside the Major 4: Oh wow you beat us pfft who cares we don't even like that sport, we're still the best at everything else, so what if we talked chit

America Wins a sport outside the Major 4: AHHH WE WON!! U.S.A! U.S.A! We're the best at this game, I don't understand it and still don't really like it but we're the best! You guys suck! This is the best thing to happen since the pron I watched 12 minutes ago wooooooooooo!!!

Come at me Murica (srs no hate against Murica, but c'mon, it is like that lolz).

thats like saying England loses in a sport outside of Soccer/Rugby then you guys say '' hey we dont really care about this sport ''.

then you guys win something out of those big 2 sports then you have the very same reaction '' HEY WE WOOOOOON WOOO WE ARE THE GOAT COUNTRY MOTHA****AS, ALPHA SQUAD UNDEFEATED CHAMPS B!TCH ''

Maestro
06-13-2013, 11:44 AM

Come at me Murica (srs no hate against Murica, but c'mon, it is like that lolz)

I think that any country would gloat on those grounds. If in some strange alternate dimension, Europe tried their hand at Baseball, but was notoriously atrocious at the game yet managed to beat an American team I think you guys have the right to celebrate that.

I would surely hope you guys can beat us in Rugby. Thats basically the only sport that matters in your country (next to "futbol" of course)

FOA
06-13-2013, 11:49 AM
not our phucking problem your stupid ass country lost every single part of it's empire, keep making excuses we still whoop your ass so bad in your own country in the olympics

Not making excuses it's a fact. Britain is comparatively a more successful sporting nation than the US. FACT (not sure what the empire rant was about bro)

http://i.imgur.com/PaqVWKo.png

bustermac
06-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Another quality thread on this same topic:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154737263

Just found it...laughed.

newtothelift
06-13-2013, 11:50 AM
I think that any country would gloat on those grounds. If in some strange alternate dimension, Europe tried their hand at Baseball, but was notoriously atrocious at the game yet managed to beat an American team I think you guys have the right to celebrate that.

I would surely hope you guys can beat us in Rugby. Thats basically the only sport that matters in your country (next to "futbol" of course)

Problem is baseball is chit

Midgetkiller
06-13-2013, 11:51 AM

Congrats UK, your country's best athletes are beating our community college football cuts.If USA had won, you'd have been one of those phaggots on the frontline shouting "SEE THAT WE ARE THE BEST????"

'Doesn't care' => Makes up excuses and turns sour either way. Yeah bruh, you don't care at all.

HumptyBrah
06-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Brits always go back to criticizing the game's name when they have no other argument on their side.

I once ordered fish and chips...did not get any chips.
lmao!

And this.

bustermac
06-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Bwaa...it's overtaking the Misc.

Another thread on 1st page.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154736943

bustermac
06-13-2013, 11:54 AM
If USA had won, you'd have been one of those phaggots on the frontline shouting "SEE THAT WE ARE THE BEST????"

'Doesn't care' => Makes up excuses and turns sour either way. Yeah bruh, you don't care at all.

No. I really don't care.

Pulling out gay slurs...sign that you know you've lost the argument.

mojo85
06-13-2013, 11:56 AM

thats like saying England loses in a sport outside of Soccer/Rugby then you guys say '' hey we dont really care about this sport ''.

then you guys win something out of those big 2 sports then you have the very same reaction '' HEY WE WOOOOOON WOOO WE ARE THE GOAT COUNTRY MOTHA****AS, ALPHA SQUAD UNDEFEATED CHAMPS B!TCH ''

Not European so don't know?

It is true, any country will gloat. Canada went batchit crazy winning the 2010 Olympic Hockey gold when theoretically its "our sport".

RicksenUK
06-13-2013, 11:57 AM
FWILREWptvs

Sick vid and that's just from one year. Rugby a sport of warriors. Some of those hits 3:42 was sick how the phuck he stood his ground with that kind of power aimed at him.

HumptyBrah
06-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Not European so don't know?

It is true, any country will gloat. Canada went batchit crazy winning the 2010 Olympic Hockey gold when theoretically its "our sport".
Still butthurt about that game. Phaggot Crosby.

Also, unrelated to quoted post: I lol when people who have never set foot on a football field criticize the equipment used. You mad that football players hit harder mainly BECAUSE of the pads, as proven by Sports Science?

W7tGY-VDx3o

A few notes:
- Quentin Jammer is a cornerback, notoriously the weakest hitters on a defense
- Quentin was hitting a stationary dummy, where the rugby player hit a target moving forward. Hitting a target moving toward you will = greater force.

dekd
06-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Rugby is ****ing lame anyways

GrecoRoman
06-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Call it american football... everyone outside of america sees football as a sport that involves a person foot, and a ball.

yep, football
http://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2012/10/09/Sports/Images/Redskins-kickers009.jpg

Midgetkiller
06-13-2013, 12:10 PM
No. I really don't care.

Pulling out gay slurs...sign that you know you've lost the argument.I'm sorry? So I point out the obvious and then you think you 'win' the 'argument' by trying to focus on something completely irrelevant? "u sed phagit, I win now lalz"

Wow, you discuss like the average woman. Brb trapped in a corner, must change subject and derail the conversation, pretend as if that makes me 'win'.

Lolled irl, thanks brah.

scotyg
06-13-2013, 12:13 PM
This thread reminds of when the uk miscers were so furious the US didn't get crushed in Beijing '08.

bustermac
06-13-2013, 12:19 PM
This thread reminds of when the uk miscers were so furious the US didn't get crushed in Beijing '08.

Or when the Canadians lost at hockey and burnt their own city down. :D

That was a fun week on the Misc.

JaxBrah
06-13-2013, 12:21 PM

Well I think his point is that if guys like lebron james, adrian peterson, and brian cushing grew up training in rugby rather than basketball and football, america would dominate in rugby. And hes right.

The guys on the american rugby teams are guy who couldnt hack it in football.

Beliedat
06-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Wouldn't give a fukk if it was 800-0. US doesn't play or care about rugby.
I would love to see some amateur Brits play football against the worst D3 team in the country doe.

JaxBrah
06-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Not making excuses it's a fact. Britain is comparatively a more successful sporting nation than the US. FACT (not sure what the empire rant was about bro)

http://i.imgur.com/PaqVWKo.png

What? Britain a more successful sporting nation? Im pretty sure the US utterly obliterates britain in every single olmypic games, winter and summer. The only sport worth a damn that england is superior at is soccer and quite frankly britain isnt even any good at that anymore either. In recent world cups, england and US performance has been very similar.

No one is counting cricket either because your only competition is India, which is the only country less athletic than britain is.

bustermac
06-13-2013, 12:33 PM
What? Britain a more successful sporting nation? Im pretty sure the US utterly obliterates britain in every single olmypic games, winter and summer. The only sport worth a damn that england is superior at is soccer and quite frankly britain isnt even any good at that anymore either. In recent world cups, england and US performance has been very similar.

No one is counting cricket either because your only competition is India, which is the only country less athletic than britain is.

Someone obviously spiked his tea.

broboma2012
06-13-2013, 12:34 PM
this would be like the us bragging about beating england in hockey, baseball, football, and basketball. you guys don't really care because you don't care about those sports. americans by and large could not care less about rugby.

bustermac
06-13-2013, 12:42 PM
this would be like the us bragging about beating england in hockey, baseball, football, and basketball. you guys don't really care because you don't care about those sports. americans by and large could not care less about rugby.

Or soccer, or cricket, or the Queen.

Thems might be fightin' words to Brits. :D

bigfootsilva
06-13-2013, 12:42 PM
why is this considered a sport again?

and can someone remind me what was the score when USA faced America at the Olympics and the world cup? UK is so terrible and irrelevant they have to take pride in beating America at junior rugby, hilarious.

TheIronAsylum
06-13-2013, 12:43 PM
thats because no one cares about rugby in america....

EvilChicken
06-13-2013, 12:47 PM
I care about 'soccer' but we don't even have a rugby league. Funny to see all the Americans bash rugby and all the British he bash american football.

broboma2012
06-13-2013, 12:50 PM
why is this considered a sport again?

and can someone remind me what was the score when USA faced America at the Olympics and the world cup? UK is so terrible and irrelevant they have to take pride in beating America at junior rugby, hilarious.

not a sport? lol.

broboma2012
06-13-2013, 12:51 PM
I care about 'soccer' but we don't even have a rugby league. Funny to see all the Americans bash rugby and all the British he bash american football.

nothing wrong with rugby. i respect the sport. i just was never raised around, don't understand it, have never played. therefore, i don't care about it.

VancouverCanuck
06-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Or when the Canadians lost at hockey and burnt their own city down. :D

That was a fun week on the Misc.

To be fair, that was more to do with the fact that the Canucks have never won a Stanley cup, and we were VERY close. Not because we lost to an American team. Riots would have been just as big no matter what...sad reality

Pakman52
06-13-2013, 03:35 PM
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=88&yr=2014

I'll take all of these guys against England. I'll even take them over England without knowing the rules.

CCAurora
06-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Obest athletes aren't busy playing other sports... congrats, you beat the bottom of our barrel. We'll have to take your word on it because we weren't watching.

FlabbyAndSick
06-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Never knew kids even played rugby here.

bustermac
06-17-2013, 07:12 AM
The Sham-Wow guy plays now...

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/LcSdRLbgbfEgSog.BPKUVQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD03MjA7cT04NTt3PTQ5MQ--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2013-06-16/96b5c87e-0a33-478a-ab19-1fda65a450ad_170589599.jpg

Maybe if your hair didn't look like a nest, son...