PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one disappointed T-Mac didn't score a point?

Masstastic
06-09-2013, 10:05 PM
That might be the last time he plays in this series and likely could be the last time he plays in a NBA game.

I watched the final 9 minutes hoping he'd get a basket.

sdballer5588
06-09-2013, 10:06 PM
I was legit praying he'd like... kinda take over since you KNOW he could prob wax those scrubs.

niknguyen
06-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Disappointed? No
Surprised? No

Dude's washed up. Has he scored anything in the entire playoffs? I know he had some garbage minutes vs lakers and what not.

Masstastic
06-09-2013, 10:10 PM
I was legit praying he'd like... kinda take over since you KNOW he could prob wax those scrubs.
Yeah just give me 6 points.

James Jones can't guard T-Mac and I kept wondering how and why he was still playing within the system knowing he could iso and start torching those dudes.

Masstastic
06-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Disappointed? No
Surprised? No

Dude's washed up. Has he scored anything in the entire playoffs? I know he had some garbage minutes vs lakers and what not.

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/3/30/You_don't_say.png

sdballer5588
06-09-2013, 10:15 PM

James Jones can't guard T-Mac and I kept wondering how and why he was still playing within the system knowing he could iso and start torching those dudes.

String this. I mean sht, Rashard Lewis is out there taking every chance he can to score. I wish TMac would play like TMac just for a FUKKING SECOND.

Let me relive your glory days without watching some potato youtube clip.

I saw him live vs the celtics in the playoffs when he was on the hawks, dude was a monster even in those few moments. It seemed like at any moment he could go all TMAC on everybody and ignite a 10-0 run himself.

Masstastic
06-09-2013, 10:25 PM
String this. I mean sht, Rashard Lewis is out there taking every chance he can to score. I wish TMac would play like TMac just for a FUKKING SECOND.

I saw him live vs the celtics in the playoffs when he was on the hawks, dude was a monster even in those few moments. It seemed like at any moment he could go all TMAC on everybody and ignite a 10-0 run himself.

And the crazy thing was how I had read his quotes from earlier about how he told Pop that all he wanted was 1 dunk at least in the Finals. He gets in the game and goes Point Forward T-Mac on us while Cory Joseph is out there playing like its Summer League & Blair is 6'7 260lbs and hes attempting a floater.

But I can imagine he gives off that "can explode at any second" vibe because there is literally no weakness in his offensive game. I see why he went to China and took a **** on the league once he got his confidence back.

sdballer5588
06-09-2013, 10:27 PM
And the crazy thing was how I had read his quotes from earlier about how he told Pop that all he wanted was 1 dunk at least in the Finals. He gets in the game and goes Point Forward T-Mac on us while Cory Joseph is out there playing like its Summer League & Blair is 6'7 260lbs and hes attempting a floater.

But I can imagine he gives off that "can explode at any second" vibe because there is literally no weakness in his offensive game. I see why he went to China and took a **** on the league once he got his confidence back.

Watching him in real life, even in his shell that he is now, at any moment it felt like he could just explode. He actually went down with a knee injury and I got some serious laughs for shouting "JUST RETIRE, DON'T RISK IT TRACY".

I was srsly nervous as fck that he would swing that series himself. Luckily he got coached into a corner and literally didn't play at all. He played 41 mins that game, turned his ankle late then never played really in the series.

Me and Goingplaces discussed for hours on end how we couldn't believe the celtics or lakers wouldn't pick him up for the vet minimum. HE'S TRACY FKN MCGRADY.

Masstastic
06-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Watching him in real life, even in his shell that he is now, at any moment it felt like he could just explode. He actually went down with a knee injury and I got some serious laughs for shouting "JUST RETIRE, DON'T RISK IT TRACY".

I was srsly nervous as fck that he would swing that series himself. Luckily he got coached into a corner and literally didn't play at all. He played 41 mins that game, turned his ankle late then never played really in the series.

Me and Goingplaces discussed for hours on end how we couldn't believe the celtics or lakers wouldn't pick him up for the vet minimum. HE'S TRACY FKN MCGRADY.

I remember when he was on the Pistons right after his last knee surgery and he was out there out of shape, injured, and physically stiff as a board and he was still getting buckets while he paced himself.

There has to be something that Pop can do to get him into the rotation, espescially over a dude playing as ****ty as Gary Neal has the first 2 games.

sdballer5588
06-09-2013, 10:51 PM
I remember when he was on the Pistons right after his last knee surgery and he was out there out of shape, injured, and physically stiff as a board and he was still getting buckets while he paced himself.

There has to be something that Pop can do to get him into the rotation, espescially over a dude playing as ****ty as Gary Neal has the first 2 games.

The spurs are so uptempo I just think he has no place. Neal is like a poor mans Crawford/Smith aka just a spark off the bench who has irrational levels of confidence and ends up hitting big shots and can carry your offense for short bursts.

Maybe NAte is a more apt comparison.

I highly doubt we will ever see TMac in real roles in the NBA, as sad as that sounds.

He's like my #1 on the list of "Players who could have been GOATs but had tragic injuries"

PureCardio
06-09-2013, 11:03 PM
I think he's got to much self respect and pride to go out there and act like a try hard in mop-up time. Everybody that knows basketball knows McGrady was crippled by injuries pretty early and played with a bum back among other things for years, he just wants to be a part of a winning team in his career, and I think that means a lot more to players than we realize. The story about Juwan Howard throwing sht around in the locker room at half time was pretty cool. Shows that being on the end of the bench of a winning team still means a lot to players.

Asethi
06-10-2013, 06:58 AM
Imagine him and VC playing in perfect harmony in Toronto... what could have been

Masstastic
06-10-2013, 07:09 AM
Imagine him and VC playing in perfect harmony in Toronto... what could have been

Toronto got their first 4 picks right and never let them play together.

Damon Stoudamire
Marcus Camby
T-Mac
Vince Carter

That team could've won for years in the weak Eastern Conference.

iamtheawesome
06-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Kind of felt bad for him when they were talking about his being picked up by the Spurs.

"It's not how he envisioned being in a finals, but he's just happy to be here."

Proactive99
06-10-2013, 07:19 AM
I think he's got to much self respect and pride to go out there and act like a try hard in mop-up time. Everybody that knows basketball knows McGrady was crippled by injuries pretty early and played with a bum back among other things for years, he just wants to be a part of a winning team in his career, and I think that means a lot more to players than we realize. The story about Juwan Howard throwing sht around in the locker room at half time was pretty cool. Shows that being on the end of the bench of a winning team still means a lot to players.

This

All along I felt like he was embarrassed and so far he hasn't tried to prove himself, he just trys to setup teammates without attacking

Dojokoto
06-10-2013, 07:26 AM
I'm pretty sure he did what he was told and followed within popovich's system. He played point forward and at this point in his career, he knows his role.

or still 13 pts plzzzzz

kingchitarchort
06-10-2013, 07:56 AM

did u watch him during his season with the pistons

he had a few games where i'm like "he's finally back"

t-mac is awesome

ThatKindaGuy
06-10-2013, 08:02 AM
The story about Juwan Howard throwing sht around in the locker room at half time was pretty cool. Shows that being on the end of the bench of a winning team still means a lot to players.

What story is that?

All I could think of is how phaggy Howard and Heats assistant coach were when they tried to distract Green. lol @ Green making the 3 anyway and staring those phaggots down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANwYARer8Nc

Such a boss

Rebounds45
06-10-2013, 09:21 AM
i3jTaT3pYFE

please just do that one time.

StrongM477
06-10-2013, 11:04 AM

lol

NukeDukem
06-10-2013, 12:14 PM

Pop would never allow any player, no matter who they are/were, no matter the situation, to start jacking up shots and ignoring the system.

rainieravesouth
06-10-2013, 07:44 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1009195/rocketsoy0.gif

dankydank
06-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Pop would never allow any player, no matter who they are/were, no matter the situation, to start jacking up shots and ignoring the system.

Guess youve never watched Gary "If I can see the rim I'm open (legit quote)" Neal

rocketfish11
06-10-2013, 08:55 PM
I know that feel op.

His first few possessions he didn't even look to attack just to bring the ball up and dish off.

Only shot I saw was the pull up 2 at the top of the key.

Still sad to think how great he was.

Rebounds45
06-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Guess youve never watched Gary "If I can see the rim I'm open (legit quote)" Neal

this. watching him play is so cringey, and the way he wants the ball when TP has it and Duncan is posting up.