PDA

View Full Version : WAY over on weekends

mydealbox
06-09-2013, 10:06 AM
The last 2 weekends I have been WAY over on my intake. I am bulking, but last weekend was a Vegas trip so I took a first break ever from counting calories, and this weekend I had long-time friends in town. I counted this weekend though, and had about 5500 calories per day...I am bulking at 3200 per day. Next weekend is Father's Day, and we are going to my favorite pizza place, a 3-hour drive away, and I am not going to eat like a bird. I will eat my own medium pizza, 3600 calories.

I've gained about 9 pounds the past couple weeks after being extremely consistent in a clean bulk for 6 months (gained approximately 12 pounds over that period). I gained 14 pounds in Vegas, then lost 8 over the course of that week eating over maintenance still...I basically went right back to 15% over maintenance, so obviously much of that was temporary weight from the weekend. I gained 8 this weekend and expect 4 or so to go away through the week as well.

Any advice on whether I should go at maintenance for the week or continue at 15% over maintenance, assuming I will go a bit over this weekend as well?

MrBillson
06-09-2013, 10:27 AM
These are special occasions. Don't stress over it.

Unless you need to stay lean for some reason (fitness model, competitor etc.) then there's no point in stressing over this kind of thing. Just don't make it a habit.