PDA

View Full Version : How soon does "before bed" mean?

SuperTune
06-08-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm taking ON Pro Complex Gainer but I usually take it during the middle of the day but I feel like I should be taking it before bed to see better results. However, I don't exactly know what "before bed" means? Is it literally right before I go to sleep?

InItForFitness
06-08-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm taking ON Pro Complex Gainer but I usually take it during the middle of the day but I feel like I should be taking it before bed to see better results. However, I don't exactly know what "before bed" means? Is it literally right before I go to sleep?

Disregard this theory, your meal timing is not going to affect your overall results.
Meeting your TDEE/MACRO needs and eating at a 10% surplus is going to achieve this.

You can take your shake whenever you want throughout the day, when/what you eat is a matter of personal preference but is not going to affect your body composition.

If you feel better consuming it before bed than go for it, but you're fine doing it how you have been.

Terrimonas
06-08-2013, 12:22 PM
I feel like your feels are wrong. You won't see "better results".

SuperTune
06-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Disregard this theory, your meal timing is not going to affect your overall results.
Meeting your TDEE/MACRO needs and eating at a 10% surplus is going to achieve this.

You can take your shake whenever you want throughout the day, when/what you eat is a matter of personal preference but is not going to affect your body composition.

If you feel better consuming it before bed than go for it, but you're fine doing it how you have been.

I feel like your feels are wrong. You won't see "better results".

One of my old trainers told me to eat pb and drink milk right before I went to bed to gain weight. I thought it was common belief that eating before bed would help you build fat? I could be totally wrong and from the looks of it, I am!

Gxp23
06-08-2013, 12:29 PM
One of my old trainers told me to eat pb and drink milk right before I went to bed to gain weight. I thought it was common belief that eating before bed would help you build fat? I could be totally wrong and from the looks of it, I am!

why would eating pb and drinking milk before bed make you gain weight?

Im sorry but who ever told you that is a certified retard.

KayPS
06-08-2013, 12:36 PM
why would eating pb and drinking milk before bed make you gain weight?

Im sorry but who ever told you that is a certified retard.

Is there a special course for becoming certified?

Gxp23
06-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Is there a special course for becoming certified?

Yes, becoming a personal trainer with no idea of what the word nutrition/calories or Macros mean, i know a lot of them.

InItForFitness
06-08-2013, 01:12 PM

You're right about this theory being a common belief, it's all to common among th uneducated on the topic of basic nutrition.
I don't put all the blame on you, your trainer is an idiot.

No worries though, just follow the advice provided and you'll be okay.