PDA

View Full Version : Random people rating your photos in a vaguely insulting way

PersonaNonGrata
06-06-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm fairly new to this site though I have browsed for a few years
This hasnt happened before, but I just had an email informing me that someone had rated one of my progress pics. They gave me 2/10 :-)

50% amused, 50% bemused!

doughnutgut
06-06-2013, 03:29 PM
This hasnt happened before, but I just had an email informing me that someone had rated one of my progress pics. They gave me 2/10 :-)

50% amused, 50% bemused!

Buddy suck it up... your a 10 compared to me and a 2 compared to someone big ripped to bits.

I had worse... Loads worse... Haters always gonna hate... Thats the internweb full of strangers for ya.

phikappa
06-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Strong username to rating ratio!

:D

negged

;)

-=FLEX=-
06-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Not that I would care, but I never get any derogatory comments or low ratings.

But as an FYI, you can disable ratings/comments for your pics.

PersonaNonGrata
06-06-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm interested in the psychology/motivation of the rater

doughnutgut
06-06-2013, 03:36 PM

And you can also squat houses.....

Flounderbout
06-06-2013, 03:36 PM

50% amused, 50% bemused!

I can't be bothered to work out how to rate your pics. But take this as a 1/10 for having a six pack that puts me to shame. You tosser. :D

Electricheadd
06-06-2013, 03:37 PM

They are trolling ya bro......The internet is full of people who enjoy making others angry/annoyed.

kimm4
06-06-2013, 03:40 PM

This.^^

PersonaNonGrata
06-06-2013, 03:43 PM
They are trolling ya bro......The internet is full of people who enjoy making others angry/annoyed.
Hah! (they failed - I am merely puzzled and bemused). :-)

pvsampson
06-06-2013, 03:45 PM
( - I am merely puzzled and bemused). :-)

Yes,enough to make a thread about it.

frozensparky
06-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Hah! (they failed - I am merely puzzled and bemused). :-)

Lol the fact that you started a thread about it states otherwise

^^^friggin ninjas

PersonaNonGrata
06-06-2013, 03:46 PM
I can't be bothered to work out how to rate your pics. But take this as a 1/10 for having a six pack that puts me to shame. You tosser. :D

Its a trick of the light - favourable lighting + black and white mate ;-)

PersonaNonGrata
06-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Lol the fact that you started a thread about it states otherwise

^^^friggin ninjas

Is bemusement and curiousity not sufficient cause?! :-) I suppose I could attempt to rile myself up a bit if that seems more appropriate :-P

nvrstopworking
06-06-2013, 03:53 PM

That's cuz people are too busy one-star'ing your threads! :D

w8killer
06-06-2013, 04:01 PM
That's cuz people are too busy one-star'ing your threads! :D

http://t.qkme.me/3pskh6.jpg

Bando
06-06-2013, 04:17 PM

Check again. :cool:

El_ganso
06-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Hello,
When I first started using this website I might have given a 2 or 3 rating to random pictures because for some reason I thought that will take me to the second or third picture of the user! I was obviously not familiar with the site. It just happened twice I think.
Maybe that's what happened.
:)

induced_drag
06-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Happens..... comes with the territory. Consider it a compliment.

I have gotten some very nice motivational ones as well. Take the good with the bad.

And yes....you just have to laugh sometimes......I have had some crazy ones from some women. Only a few....but downright nuts.

On another note.....I think a lot of the "2" ratings happen by accident as well. When you look at the gallery photos, I think a lot of people mistake the rating scale for page number. They click the number "2" thinking that they will go to the next page. (at least that is my assumption). I have had several "2"'s from what did not look like troll's. I figured it might be an honest mistake.

HumblyMuscles
06-06-2013, 05:14 PM

I have gotten some very nice motivational ones as well. Take the good with the bad.

And yes....you just have to laugh sometimes......I have had some crazy ones from some women. Only a few....but downright nuts.

On another note.....I think a lot of the "2" ratings happen by accident as well. When you look at the gallery photos, I think a lot of people mistake the rating scale for page number. They click the number "2" thinking that they will go to the next page. (at least that is my assumption). I have had several "2"'s from what did not look like troll's. I figured it might be an honest mistake.

Good comments,

I agree- it can be fun reading the comments- I've got a pretty thick skin ( and it's not from living in Australia! ) anyway, so it doesn't worry me.

Nothing wrong with a thread that explores the psychology of people- they are often some of the more interesting ones...

w8killer
06-06-2013, 05:53 PM

Oh come on now! Some people may actually think you are a "2". just sayin'

Especially with those calves!
:D

IronCharles
06-06-2013, 05:59 PM
In on ratings begging thread. Rated both your pics.

bigtallox
06-06-2013, 06:50 PM

They're haters, there's lots of reasons why people are haters. Who cares, most ( if not all ) haters have personal issues. Personally, haters do nothing but motivate me.

ArchAngel'73
06-06-2013, 06:57 PM
They're haters, there's lots of reasons why people are haters. Who cares, most ( if not all ) haters have personal issues. Personally, haters do nothing but motivate me.

You sure they're haters?
Maybe they're pansy azz phaggots and you're being motivated by pansy azz phaggots.
That's not really good imo.

I'd rather watch Dr. Oz than be motivated by pansy azz phaggots.

GuyJin
06-06-2013, 07:00 PM
I give IC's threads a ten for his beard.

Just sayin'...

Really OP, you had to start a thread just to find out that the Interwebz is full of jealous, somewhat unbalanced individuals who have to tear others down to make themselves feel better about their useless little lives?

I could have told you that in less than two sentences. Oh, wait, I just did.

FWIW, keep up the good work, you look fine, and in the long run, you'll have yourself as your harshest critic. At the end of the day, that's all you have.

pvsampson
06-06-2013, 07:01 PM

Using this logic,

BTO motivates me.

pharmamarketer
06-06-2013, 07:02 PM
I have cried myself to sleep many nights from some of the comments I have gotten

EjnarKolinkar
06-06-2013, 07:05 PM
In on ratings begging thread. Rated both your pics.

I thought this might be the issue, thanks for clearing this up for me.

OP, Back when I was 207 I had a PM from a guy, "Walt, where did you park the RV?" I think I spit out some coffee on my desk. Trolls can sometimes bring the lulz.

TJC85
06-06-2013, 07:09 PM
i have cried myself to sleep many nights from some of the comments i have gotten

lol!

2nd_chance
06-06-2013, 09:52 PM
If you don't want your pictures rated then don't post them or disable the ratings feature.

StressMonkey
06-06-2013, 10:06 PM

BRB, going to Flex's profile.

At least your crazy ones are from women.

I have cried myself to sleep many nights from some of the comments I have gotten

:(

PersonaNonGrata
06-06-2013, 10:48 PM
"lol" at the additional crappy ratings, I definitely asked for it by starting this thread!

It is true that we, ourselves, are our biggest critics - anyone who has made even a little progress knows that they can change themselves, and so it becomes part of the process to figure out the next thing to change. This requires looking at oneself with a critical eye.

I wonder - does there ever come a time when you stop trying to improve? does anyone ever look in the mirror and think "yep, that'll do - i'll just maintain that"?

drudixon
06-07-2013, 04:17 AM
My photos have 0 page views... how about that?

Brb adjusting my value system to include arbitrary numbers on photos. :)

HumblyMuscles
06-07-2013, 04:37 AM
My photos have 0 page views... how about that?

Brb adjusting my value system to include arbitrary numbers on photos. :)

Are You sure?? I seem to remember visiting them ( srs ) :)

medjen
06-07-2013, 04:41 AM

You can also request to have your bodyspace disabled entirely. Helps keep the creepers away.

drudixon
06-07-2013, 04:48 AM
Are You sure?? I seem to remember visiting them ( srs ) :)

Thanks for the visit. Was being facetious. :)