PDA

View Full Version : The Story of Your Enslavement (Youtube)

ymer
06-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Xbp6umQT58A

kusok
06-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Famous clip.

bailey1106
06-03-2013, 04:24 PM
So the more free we are the more our governments are controlling us? Wtf lol

edit: so slavery is freedom, and freedom is slavery. Would love to hear someone's who believes this crap idea of true freedom.

kusok
06-03-2013, 04:28 PM
So the more free we are the more our governments are controlling us? Wtf lol

???

Watch the video again. Put the beer down. You seem to have confused some things.

SYRIANKID
06-03-2013, 04:38 PM
So that video was a series of paradoxes.

What according to the video is the characteristic of being "truly free"?

Not that I disagree about some of the metaphors for enslavement, but the video goes nowhere with it.

kusok
06-03-2013, 04:45 PM

Not that I disagree about some of the metaphors for enslavement, but the video goes nowhere with it.

Not being forced in any way by anyone. Such as not being forced to pay tax etc.

Initiation of force is the antithesis of freedom.

bailey1106
06-03-2013, 04:50 PM
???

Watch the video again. Put the beer down. You seem to have confused some things.

Its whiskey im not a beer guy

But i didnt miss anything really, they are saying that governments learned that the more free the people are the more productive they can, thus generating more revenue in the form of taxes. THats not really farming though, as taxes(albiet alot less than we currently have) do have a place in a functioning society.

Then it goes on to say that 'our farmers'' turn us against each other, create fabricated threats etc etc as a way of keeping us in line and in milk. Which may be true to some degree, but not even close to the amount the video is trying to portray.

Ps: what is your idea of true freedom?

Not being forced in any way by anyone. Such as not being forced to pay tax etc.

Initiation of force is the antithesis of freedom.

I agree..... on a case to case basis. Taxes to pay for roads and sht so we can function smoothely in society=good.

Taxes to pay for overbloated government agencies or programs, not so much. But again the video over exaggerates quite alot.

Xhat1
06-03-2013, 04:54 PM

Free in the sense that we are all treated equally. No person or group claiming special rights that others do not posess.

PaulG
06-03-2013, 05:00 PM
"A Society of Perpetual Adolescence"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11gRDAu46v4&list=PLJ2uqNYJFWOPa_5dy_hCbwPNUuwsdfQDT

kusok
06-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Its whiskey im not a beer guy

But i didnt miss anything really, they are saying that governments learned that the more free the people are the more productive they can, thus generating more revenue in the form of taxes. THats not really farming though, as taxes(albiet alot less than we currently have) do have a place in a functioning society.

Then it goes on to say that 'our farmers'' turn us against each other, create fabricated threats etc etc as a way of keeping us in line and in milk. Which may be true to some degree, but not even close to the amount the video is trying to portray.

Ps: what is your idea of true freedom?

I agree..... on a case to case basis. Taxes to pay for roads and sht so we can function smoothely in society=good.

Taxes to pay for overbloated government agencies or programs, not so much. But again the video over exaggerates quite alot.

Roads are far better and cheaper provided by the private sector.

My idea of freedom is just that, freedom. NOBODY forces me to do ANYTHING. EVERYTHING is done by VOLUNTARY contracts and/or agreements between individuals. That is the only definition of freedom. If nobody initiates force against me, I'm free. If someone forces me to pay tax or whatever, I'm not free.

Scotch, I hope. Single malt... Islay... mmmm.... Thou I do like the Green Label.

Xhat1
06-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Roads are far better and cheaper provided by the private sector.

You don't understand bro! I'm too stupid to pay for roads on a voluntary basis! We need them built by the government, because I'm smart enough to vote for road building.

bailey1106
06-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Roads are far better and cheaper provided by the private sector. Maybe so, but the private sector is usually out for personal or corporate profit(which there is nothing wrong with), and i personally cant see any possible profit motive for a private company to do that. Im not big on big government, or taxes, but there are times when its essential and thats one time imo.

My idea of freedom is just that, freedom. NOBODY forces me to do ANYTHING. EVERYTHING is done by VOLUNTARY contracts and/or agreements between individuals. That is the only definition of freedom. If nobody initiates force against me, I'm free. If someone forces me to pay tax or whatever, I'm not free.

Dont take this the wrong way, because i generally agree with you, but you can obtain that freedom. But you will have to to stop driving on public roads. As long as you continue to use those sorts of things, you arent exactly at the mercy of the govt, but you are getting what you pay for. Problem is you pay for alot of things you dont get to use too.

If you want to go live out in the wild, go for it then you can truly be free. But personally i enjoy some of the [essential]conveniences and protections the government provides me with. Like protection from violent radicals ;)

Scotch, I hope. Single malt... Islay... mmmm.... Thou I do like the Green Label.

bourbon whiskey, dont have the funds for the good stuff but ive been enjoying benchmark no 8 lately. Good 10$ bottle imo. High end sht for me is jameson or soco....

Xhat1
06-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Maybe so, but the private sector is usually out for personal or corporate profit(which there is nothing wrong with), and i personally cant see any possible profit motive for a private company to do that. Im not big on big government, or taxes, but there are times when its essential and thats one time imo.

The government, who doesn't work for free, hires contractors to build roads, and they aren't working for charity either. The only difference between this and a private system is whether or not you get a decision in paying and whether or not there is competition.

I'm not aware of any economic theories that say violently imposed monopolies increase quality and I doubt you are either.

ymer
06-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Modern enslavement consists of taking away freedoms while making the audience think that they are actually trying to protect us from ourselves (first you turn us against each other and then they provide the "solution"). It's an everyday evolving method, some are first implemented in some countries and check the result then apply to others if it's succesful.

If done correctly, we get further enslaved while thinking that we're actually getting benefited.

bailey1106
06-03-2013, 07:13 PM
The government, who doesn't work for free, hires contractors to build roads, and they aren't working for charity either. The only difference between this and a private system is whether or not you get a decision in paying and whether or not there is competition.

I'm not aware of any economic theories that say violently imposed monopolies increase quality and I doubt you are either.

I didnt say the increased quality, and there are some things that can be done to our current infrastructure system to improve quality and prices(like a bidding system between different contractors), but to compare private business selling products consumers want and private business building roads is silly. Theres no real profit in roads, its not a renewable resource, it doesnt generate any lasting profits, and costs more money to maintain. Thus rendering it pretty unprofitable for companies in the business of making profit(i.e. the private sector)

ymer
06-03-2013, 07:18 PM
I didnt say the increased quality, and there are some things that can be done to our current infrastructure system to improve quality and prices(like a bidding system between different contractors), but to compare private business selling products consumers want and private business building roads is silly. Theres no real profit in roads, its not a renewable resource, it doesnt generate any lasting profits, and costs more money to maintain. Thus rendering it pretty unprofitable for companies in the business of making profit(i.e. the private sector)

The bolded part is the current way that the government contracts the company that will do x or y building or road, whoever gives the better option and cost will get the contract. Whoever this is when corruption comes in, some company will brive the people in charge of this selection and will get the contract at a higher than normal cost, sometimes 2x or 3x the normal cost.

Roads are a huge business as any infrastructure, from the same method described above government will hire a chit contractor through brivery; the initial cost will be higher plus the work will be poor, some years down the road the maintenance and rebuilding of said chitty construction needs repairs... rinse and repeat.

bailey1106
06-03-2013, 07:27 PM
The bolded part is the current way that the government contracts the company that will do x or y building or road, whoever gives the better option and cost will get the contract. Whoever this is when corruption comes in, some company will brive the people in charge of this selection and will get the contract at a higher than normal cost, sometimes 2x or 3x the normal cost.

Roads are a huge business as any infrastructure, from the same method described above government will hire a chit contractor through brivery; the initial cost will be higher plus the work will be poor, some years down the road the maintenance and rebuilding of said chitty construction needs repairs... rinse and repeat.

Maybe some removed legislative oversight will help this problem?I know between private businesses bidding contracts generally do well.

Xhat1
06-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Theres no real profit in roads,

Interesting. So a business owner has no profit motive in making sure people can arrive at his/her business. Realtors have no profit motive in having transportation infrastructure to allow people to go from home to work or from home to the mall, etc. It almost seems as if businesses aren't motivated by profit at all!

Speaking of the mall, I was there just yesterday and after spending a few hours going about their privately built walkways I noticed the various businesses didn't seem particularly upset that that I was able to meander about their privately paid for infrastructure, even though I didn't end up buying anything.