PDA

View Full Version : Build muscle/Lose fat by only drinking Protein shakes

ksmoove2
06-01-2013, 10:43 AM
ok heres the deal... im pretty much broke and homeless at the moment and i dont have a place to cook my food so i was wondering if i just take 4-6 protein shakes a day and eat like spinach and fruit throughout the day will it help me build muscle and lose fat? im 6'2 235 and i would like to get shredded aftee a long bulk. Can i reach my goals just by doing this? I know whole foods is the best option but thats not an option for me. Thanks

Carvinge
06-01-2013, 10:44 AM
If you're broke and homeless getting "shredded" should be the last thing on your mind.

WonderPug
06-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Consuming processed fast food for the vast majority of your caloric intake is a really bad idea.

ksmoove2
06-01-2013, 10:52 AM
If you're broke and homeless getting "shredded" should be the last thing on your mind.
well im living in a hotel

WonderPug
06-01-2013, 10:53 AM
well im living in a hotelCan't you order room service and/or eat at the hotel restaurant? That would be a much better option than living off of protein shakes.

ksmoove2
06-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Can't you order room service and/or eat at the hotel restaurant? That would be a much better option than living off of protein shakes.
i said im broke so the hotel i stay at dont have a restaraunt or breakfast

HealingHands8
06-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Surely if you are broke & house less you have more important things to be worrying about?

ArchangelEST
06-01-2013, 12:12 PM
ok heres the deal... im pretty much broke and homeless at the moment and i dont have a place to cook my food so i was wondering if i just take 4-6 protein shakes a day and eat like spinach and fruit throughout the day will it help me build muscle and lose fat? im 6'2 235 and i would like to get shredded aftee a long bulk. Can i reach my goals just by doing this? I know whole foods is the best option but thats not an option for me. Thanks

Surely if you are broke & house less you have more important things to be worrying about?

Umm... yeah.

But if you're dead set in becoming shredded - short term it doesn't matter dick if you get your protein from shakes or dead animals or pretty plants.... nutrients are nutrients and you'll be fine. Long term.... could be some issues, but it's complicated and nobody can be sure what exactly will happen.

WonderPug
06-01-2013, 12:14 PM
i said im broke so the hotel i stay at dont have a restaraunt or breakfastIf you're broke, staying at a hotel seems like a terrible option as it must be more expensive than an apartment.

ArchangelEST
06-01-2013, 12:24 PM
If you're broke, staying at a hotel seems like a terrible option as it must be more expensive than an apartment.

Figured he was from the US and there are some cheap ass hotels out there... but yeah. Around here you'll go broke twice paying for a freaking hostel... considering the likely comforts of such a cheap ass place it might make more sense to buy a fuking tent and camp in a park or something...

ksmoove2
06-01-2013, 02:42 PM

well i do have money but not enough to get my own place. the only things i need to worry about is college and fitness

WonderPug
06-01-2013, 02:43 PM
well i do have money but not enough to get my own place. the only things i need to worry about is college and fitnessYou have the money to pay for a hotel, which would cost drastically more than an apartment or, at least, a share, but you don't have enough money to pay less???

ksmoove2
06-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Figured he was from the US and there are some cheap ass hotels out there... but yeah. Around here you'll go broke twice paying for a freaking hostel... considering the likely comforts of such a cheap ass place it might make more sense to buy a fuking tent and camp in a park or something...

yea im from the US. its cheap like 42 bucks a night

WonderPug
06-01-2013, 02:45 PM
yea im from the US. its cheap like 42 bucks a nightYou can spend over $1,200 a month for a hotel, but you don't have enough money for an apartment or a share in an apartment, which would likely be available for less than half what you're spending.

Now that's logical.

Terrimonas
06-01-2013, 02:49 PM

Can I hire you as my financial adviser?

InItForFitness
06-01-2013, 02:58 PM
In addition to all of the failed financial logic, just focusing on the question at hand and information provided.
If shakes are your only source of nutritional value, than why not use a weight gainer so you have some sort of carb intake?

softpounder
06-01-2013, 02:58 PM

Apartments in the US could be around 600-800 a month - depending on the location.

well i do have money but not enough to get my own place. the only things i need to worry about is college and fitness

College should be your worries, and not fitness.

Whenever you're more financially stable, I would suggest worrying about your body composition. For now, a shelter, proper nutrition, and having a degree looks way more important.

This is nothing to offend you in anyway. I share empathy as I live kinda on my own and pay everything (tuition, transportation, food).

Chicago54Bears
06-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Guys, cut him slack. I'd feel the same way.

Sure, he has no home...
No money...
No car...
Hell, probably no job....

but at least he'll be shredded. It's all about priorities---what good is having a job or money, or even BEING ALIVE if you're not shredded!

so far away
06-01-2013, 03:10 PM

Lol that is cheap for a hotel but being that is the price of the hotel, you aren't in NYC or a large city. Therefore you could get a 1 bedroom apartment with a living room and kitchen for 500 a month. Hell as much as you pay for that hotel you could buy a 2000sq ft house.

softpounder
06-01-2013, 03:10 PM
but at least he'll be shredded. It's all about priorities---what good is having a job or money, or even BEING ALIVE if you're not shredded!

He may be able to do it -la-Zyzz style and be a male stripper when he's shredded. That will definitely increase his revenue.

Chicago54Bears
06-01-2013, 03:15 PM
He may be able to do it -la-Zyzz style and be a male stripper when he's shredded. That will definitely increase his revenue.

exactly. he may be poor now, but once he's shredded he'll be making millions. he'll show us all, we should have never dared to suggest altering his current life situation.

right op?

ksmoove2
06-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Apartments in the US could be around 600-800 a month - depending on the location.

College should be your worries, and not fitness.

Whenever you're more financially stable, I would suggest worrying about your body composition. For now, a shelter, proper nutrition, and having a degree looks way more important.

This is nothing to offend you in anyway. I share empathy as I live kinda on my own and pay everything (tuition, transportation, food).

just answer my question.. i got a 3.1 in school so i can focus on fitness

ksmoove2
06-01-2013, 05:40 PM
You have the money to pay for a hotel, which would cost drastically more than an apartment or, at least, a share, but you don't have enough money to pay less???

i live in san diego! its VERY expensive. i cant come up with 1100/month

ksmoove2
06-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Lol that is cheap for a hotel but being that is the price of the hotel, you aren't in NYC or a large city. Therefore you could get a 1 bedroom apartment with a living room and kitchen for 500 a month. Hell as much as you pay for that hotel you could buy a 2000sq ft house.
i live in san diego so theres really no cheap places to stay