PDA

View Full Version : macros/nutrition/caloric intake

Stade7
05-31-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm looking to build more lean muscle and drop a little bit of fat. I am 5'5, 132 lbs with about 19% body fat. I have been trying to follow a 40/30/30 (C/P/F) macro intake for the last two weeks. Below is what my week looks like for exercise and what my daily diet usually consists of.

Monday: spin class (45-60 mins)
Tuesday: back and biceps (50-60 mins of weight training) followed by 15-20 mins HIIT cardio on the stair climber
Wednesday: legs and core (60 mins of weight training) followed by a 45 minute spin class in the evening
Thursday: chest and triceps (50-60 mins of weight training) followed by 20 mins of HIIT sprints on the treadmill
Friday: spin class (45 mins) followed by 20 minutes on the stair climber
Saturday: active rest day (usually some stretching and walking)
Sunday: shoulders, core, and cardio (usually in the gym for 1.5hrs, with 30 minutes of it being plyometric cardio)

I usually have about 6 meals a day and this is what a typical day consists of:

Meal 1: whole grain or high protein toast (1 slice) with 1-1.5 tbsp natural PB, 1 egg, 1-1.5 servings of fruit
Meal 2: fresh spinach and romaine salad topped with veggies and feta with 4-5 oz lean ground turkey
Meal 3: 2 multi-grain rice cakes with 2tbsp peanut butter, with a side of tomatoes and cucumber
Meal 4: 5 oz. chicken breast with broccoli and sweet potato
Meal 5: whey protein shake with water
Meal 6: 120grams greek yogurt with cinnamon, 10 almonds and 20 grams of blueberries

My caloric intake is roughly 1900-2100 per day and like I said I'm trying to stick with the 40/30/30

I also drink about 14 cups of water per day on average and have the odd black coffee or green tea. Sometimes if I'm really hungry I will have an extra scoop of whey protein in the afternoon, an extra serving of nuts, or more veggies/fruit.

I change my meals up daily....so sometimes I have a high protein smoothie in the morning, I change the type of fruit/greens/veg/protein that I have depending on what I buy that week.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions or sees any problems with my calorie/macro breakdown, etc. I am looking to get my body fat % down to around 15%. I am open to any suggestions or constructive criticism.

HealingHands8
05-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Dont use ratios, use grams per pound of bodyweight for macro consumption. Work out TDEE, and eat at 10-15% above.

Didn't read it all, but I suggest you read the stickies. All your questions will be answered.

cumminslifter
05-31-2013, 03:25 PM
calculate your TDEE and macros from the stickies
don't use ratios
eat in a 10-20% caloric surplus for a clean bulk
why are you eating so many times a day?