PDA

View Full Version : Help out please!!!

Dani1708
05-30-2013, 10:31 AM
So i am 98 lbs barely, I just started training last week, following the simply shredded workout routine. I am able to lift very little since I had never worked out in my life, I squat with the barbell ONLY but I am not discouraged... I used the info obtained here to calculate my macros acording to my body type (ectomorph) And in order to gain I should be eating 1960 calories a day 269gr carbs 122g protein 43g of fat... I find very hard to be able to eat all that, plus what are Good sources to get carbs? Besides oats and sweet potato. I really appreciate any help or input... My goal is to gain mass and lower my body fat and be FIT!!

phozosado
05-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Just eat more dense foods. Fat is great for getting extra calories. The reason most people have trouble eating around 2000 or even 3000 or 4000 cals a day is because they try do do it with f'king chicken breast and rice. Use better foods.

cumminslifter
05-30-2013, 11:18 AM
are you female? good job on doing your homework first.
eat more calorically dense foods such as eggs, PB, oils, fatty meats, rice, ect..

PBateman2
05-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Peanut butter and ice cream FTW:D

moosedahgoose
05-30-2013, 11:33 AM

This.

Any time I see a thread about needing more calories, I get envious, then suggest peanut butter.

peanut butter.

Dani1708
05-30-2013, 11:36 AM
are you female? good job on doing your homework first.
eat more calorically dense foods such as eggs, PB, oils, fatty meats, rice, ect..

Yes I am a female! Thanks for the info!!

Dani1708
05-30-2013, 11:37 AM

Dude be serious!

Dani1708
05-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Just eat more dense foods. Fat is great for getting extra calories. The reason most people have trouble eating around 2000 or even 3000 or 4000 cals a day is because they try do do it with f'king chicken breast and rice. Use better foods.

Well do you have suggestions? I already eat whole eggs, use grass fed butter, and started eating whole grain bagels and ezequiel bread (I f'cking hate bread)

MetilHed
05-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Dude be serious!

He is.

moosedahgoose
05-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Dude be serious!

he is....

cumminslifter
05-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Dude be serious!whats wrong? do you not like them?

Dani1708
05-30-2013, 11:45 AM
whats wrong? do you not like them?
Peanut butter yes, but ice cream? Is packed with sugar....

redleg0909
05-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Peanut butter yes, but ice cream? Is packed with sugar....Love it. makes sense because the sugar in PB is not going to end up in the same place as the Carbs from the Wheat Bread right.

OP Your protein doesn't necessarily need to be so high. Stick with things that taste good and are calorie dense. Steak, PB, Regular butter, BACON. If you start noticing some extra love around the hips, burn more calories don't change what your eating.

cumminslifter
05-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Peanut butter yes, but ice cream? Is packed with sugar....whats wrong with sugar?

redleg0909
05-30-2013, 12:11 PM
whats wrong with sugar?it will turn you into a pumpkin, especially if you eat it after 6 PM

redleg0909
05-30-2013, 12:12 PM
So i am 98 lbs barely, I just started training last week, following the simply shredded workout routine. I am able to lift very little since I had never worked out in my life, I squat with the barbell ONLY but I am not discouraged... I used the info obtained here to calculate my macros acording to my body type (ectomorph) And in order to gain I should be eating 1960 calories a day 269gr carbs 122g protein 43g of fat... I find very hard to be able to eat all that, plus what are Good sources to get carbs? Besides oats and sweet potato. I really appreciate any help or input... My goal is to gain mass and lower my body fat and be FIT!!

AT 5'2 98LBS I would assume your body fat is pretty low to start out with, Don't worry about the sugar, if you are trying to gain a little size, you will put on a little fat, but stick with it. Its a marathon not a sprint

phozosado
05-30-2013, 12:36 PM
OP - sugar is fine. Fat is fine. Don't fall for the BS. I eat a full cup of icecream every night to make my cals. Even on a cut. JUST MAKE SURE YOUR CALS ARE STILL IN CHECK. Enjoy!

InItForFitness
05-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Peanut butter yes, but ice cream? Is packed with sugar....

You've fallen victim to some bro-science OP.
I pack in ice cream and all sorts of treats at lwast once or twice a week, whenever I find myself coming up short in calories.
If you've met your macros for the fay and have calories to spare, than by all means enjoy your food, don't fall pray to all the non-sense about not being able to eat food you enjoy.

btr1208
05-30-2013, 01:11 PM
PBateman knows what he is talking about!

Ice Cream and PB are ultimate grow foods. Oh and chocolate milk!!!

Just eat!!!!!!!!!

PBateman2
05-30-2013, 03:10 PM
PBateman knows what he is talking about!

Ice Cream and PB are ultimate grow foods. Oh and chocolate milk!!!

Just eat!!!!!!!!!

Chocy milk: Nectar from the gods.

:D

Dani1708
05-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Chocy milk: Nectar from the gods.

:D

I use 5lbs dumbbell to do my db side lateral because that's all I can lift... I'm embarrassed but I am decided to do this...

Domicron
05-30-2013, 06:36 PM
one thing i learned when i went to a real gym: people who know what they're doing laugh at those who use too much weight, not those who use the correct amount.

Dani1708
05-30-2013, 06:41 PM
one thing i learned when i went to a real gym: people who know what they're doing laugh at those who use too much weight, not those who use the correct amount.

Well I JUST started lifting, so I will make an ass of my self I used a bunch of weight an wont be able to complete the set or even worst, get injured... I honestly don't expect to get big and ripped over night, I know it's a process but I love to have opinions/ suggestions from people who been doing this for long time!!

Hunttarded
05-30-2013, 06:43 PM
TBH you're probably better off with i.e. ice cream over its caloric equivalent in oatmeal because it's a lot less satiating and you did say you're having a hard time meeting your calories.

cumminslifter
05-30-2013, 06:46 PM
TBH you're probably better off with i.e. ice cream over its caloric equivalent in oatmeal because it's a lot less satiating and you did say you're having a hard time meeting your calories.hence why we suggested it

Dani1708
05-30-2013, 06:47 PM
TBH you're probably better off with i.e. ice cream over its caloric equivalent in oatmeal because it's a lot less satiating and you did say you're having a hard time meeting your calories.

Yes! I know but all the stuff I read it talks about AVOIDING that stuff... So per say I eat healthy calorie dense foods, olive oil, steak etc and at the end of the day if I didn't meet my goal of 1960 calories.... I eat ice cream??

cumminslifter
05-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Yes! I know but all the stuff I read it talks about AVOIDING that stuff... So per say I eat healthy calorie dense foods, olive oil, steak etc and at the end of the day if I didn't meet my goal of 1960 calories.... I eat ice cream??if you meet your fat and protein minimums you can eat whatever you please for the rest of your cals as long as you are getting adequate micro/fiber