PDA

View Full Version : If I am cleaning up my diet, should I only drink whole grain beer?

desslok
05-28-2013, 01:47 PM
I have noticed that whole foods is carrying more choices of whole grain beers. Worth it?

Yoy0
05-28-2013, 01:50 PM
I have noticed that whole foods is carrying more choices of whole grain beers. Worth it?

Trolling this hard?

Come on man you have other things to do don't you?

Do you get reps for this?

BrentEvo
05-28-2013, 01:53 PM

Not sure if it really matters or not. If srs, just put the alcohol in your macros. Check online if micros fit what you need. Alcohol is a 7 cal per g macro. Will hinder protein synthesis until alcohol is process tho as it takes precedent over any others as the body takes it as a poison.

desslok
05-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Not sure if it really matters or not. If srs, just put the alcohol in your macros. Check online if micros fit what you need. Alcohol is a 7 cal per g macro. Will hinder protein synthesis until alcohol is process tho as it takes precedent over any others as the body takes it as a poison.

But do I get more fiber from whole grain? It doesn't have nutriton info on beer.

ironwill2008
05-28-2013, 02:02 PM
But do I get more fiber from whole grain?

Well, yeah;................everybody knows whole grain is healthier/cleaner/more-gainz-producing than white grain beer.

Geez. Have you not read the stickies, OP?

KobiDC
05-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Yes, don't you know that any refined grain makes you fat instantly? Same with beer, bread, anything.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Read => http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5240505/ns/health-fitness/t/does-white-bread-make-you-soft-round/#.UaUbu0Ay2So

Also, a quote from the article:

'The scientists say white bread and other refined grains seem to go to the gut and hang out as belly fat.
“Waist circumference was very much associated with this high-refined grains pattern,” said Katherine Tucker, an associate professor of nutritional epidemiology at Tufts University in Boston.'

Yoy0
05-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Yes, don't you know that any refined grain makes you fat instantly? Same with beer, bread, anything.

Read => http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5240505/ns/health-fitness/t/does-white-bread-make-you-soft-round/#.UaUbu0Ay2So

'The scientists say white bread and other refined grains seem to go to the gut and hang out as belly fat.
“Waist circumference was very much associated with this high-refined grains pattern,” said Katherine Tucker, an associate professor of nutritional epidemiology at Tufts University in Boston.'

Just letting you Americans know that THIS IS WHERE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY GOES TO (through tax or educational fees).

desslok
05-28-2013, 02:08 PM

That makes sense where they get the term "beer belly". Thanks for link, reps on spread!

KobiDC
05-28-2013, 02:10 PM
That makes sense where they get the term "beer belly". Thanks for link, reps on spread!

Don't thank me desslok, thank Katherine Tucker!

rhadam
05-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Why would you ever care about what nutrients ALCOHOL has? Please tell me you're trolling.

WonderPug
05-28-2013, 02:38 PM
I have noticed that whole foods is carrying more choices of whole grain beers. Worth it?Carrying large amounts of beer is good exercise, so it's probably worth it. But if you want a more definitive answer, perhaps you should post your question to Jason Genova's Ice Cream Fitness Youtube channel.

DatMurse
05-28-2013, 02:39 PM
the wheat will have gluten. the combination with alcohol will cause your liver to shut down to cirrhosis.

Ammonia levels will build up and you will have encephalopathy, it will rise so far you will end up in a coma.

the worst part of it is you cant eat protein anymore

WonderPug
05-28-2013, 02:40 PM
One thing to watch out for is that whole grain beers are not paleo.

KobiDC
05-28-2013, 02:42 PM

Respect your elders, our ancestors knew their stuff. Paleo is the only way2go.

brb killing a dinosaur for dinner

desslok
05-28-2013, 03:02 PM

True. Even potato vodka would be off limits to strict Paleo guys that didn't make up their own rules about which parts to follow.

keramon02
05-28-2013, 03:02 PM

That's why I stick with wine.

Grapes=wine=paleo.

KayPS
05-28-2013, 03:35 PM
All alcohol makes you fat. Except Zima. Drink Zima if you don't want to lose dem gainz.

MetilHed
05-28-2013, 03:38 PM
True. Even potato vodka would be off limits to strict Paleo guys that didn't make up their own rules about which parts to follow.

which is only about 3 of them.

dtown3411
05-28-2013, 03:43 PM

cleaning up diet, would mean cleaning out zeh poison in zeh DIET!

sixxpoint
05-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Confused by this thread. The calories gained in excess from anything, including beer, will make you fatter if you do it on a regular basis if your focus is losing weight.

That said, most beer is made from whole grains, including barley, wheat, rye. There are some that use a good deal of corn, rice, high fructose corn syrup, but they are usually BMC (Bud, Miller, Coors). Not that drinking these would present a better effect as far as becoming slimmer or having a better micro nutrient profile than your average Joe.

What is your actual question?

KobiDC
05-28-2013, 04:26 PM

My question is: what happened to your sarcasm detector?

digistp
05-28-2013, 04:31 PM
desslok, any specific names of beers you remember/are thinking of trying?

snorkelman
05-28-2013, 04:34 PM
It is funny to see non-regulars to the N-Misc unaware of desslok's penchant for trolling. ;)

He used to troll here, but when NMISC was created, he gravitated over there.

sixxpoint
05-28-2013, 04:35 PM
My question is: what happened to your sarcasm detector?

Is that what this has resorted to? Original posts based on sarcasm? What a super helpful forum!

KayPS
05-28-2013, 04:36 PM
It is funny to see non-regulars to the N-Misc unaware of desslok's penchant for trolling. ;)

He used to troll here, but when NMISC was created, he gravitated over there.

It has been quite amusing.

KobiDC
05-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Is that what this has resorted to? Original posts based on sarcasm? What a super helpful forum!

desslok's joking mate.

KayPS
05-28-2013, 04:41 PM

Lighten up, Frances.

http://showyourmind.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/why_so_serious__by_tyrite.jpg

sixxpoint
05-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Lol... I get it. But I didn't come here for chit chat, communal forum herd mentality, and the occasional joke. Some of you may have and that's fine. Probably why you vets clash with us newbs. If you already know everything, stop posting OR be helpful. Why confuse us?

digistp
05-28-2013, 04:46 PM
on a side note, havin some of dat dere Guinness atm

KayPS
05-28-2013, 04:47 PM
on a side note, havin some of dat dere Guinness atm

Jelly. I'm back to my ridiculous 1600c. I hate being a woman sometimes.

desslok
05-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Confused by this thread. The calories gained in excess from anything, including beer, will make you fatter if you do it on a regular basis if your focus is losing weight.

That said, most beer is made from whole grains, including barley, wheat, rye. There are some that use a good deal of corn, rice, high fructose corn syrup, but they are usually BMC (Bud, Miller, Coors). Not that drinking these would present a better effect as far as becoming slimmer or having a better micro nutrient profile than your average Joe.

If whole grain has more fiber or other micronutrients, than that frees up more calories for my DCA. For example, I could cut out the celery in my salad. I honestly don't know, srs. It doesn't have this nutritional info on the label. But I know brown rice does have more fiber and a few other micronutrients that aren't in white rice. So that's why I was curious. And I don't drink a ton, usually just a couple pints a day. But that could add up if it contains fiber and micros etc.

necon76
05-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Lol... I get it. But I didn't come here for chit chat, communal forum herd mentality, and the occasional joke. Some of you may have and that's fine. Probably why you vets clash with us newbs. If you already know everything, stop posting OR be helpful. Why confuse us?

Oh noes, people behaving in a fashion that you didn't come here for!

Lol at you telling the very people that you want to provide you information how they should act. Last time I checked this wasn't a paid service.

sixxpoint
05-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Oh noes, people behaving in a fashion that you didn't come here for!

Lol at you telling the very people that you want to provide you information how they should act. Last time I checked this wasn't a paid service.

You're right. What an idiot I am. It's more of a douchebag communal full of meatheads than a helpful forum. What was I thinking? I'd be lying if I said that's what the majority of us new members had originally thought. After all, you can't have both brains and body.

Good luck with your 8,818 and counting seemingly unhelpful posts, presumably with very few real life friends.

necon76
05-28-2013, 05:06 PM
You're right. What an idiot I am. It's more of a douchebag communal full of meatheads than a helpful forum. What was I thinking? Good luck with your 8,818 and counting seemingly unhelpful posts with very few real life friends.

Cry more.

KayPS
05-28-2013, 05:07 PM
You're right. What an idiot I am. It's more of a douchebag communal full of meatheads than a helpful forum. What was I thinking? I'd be lying if I said that's what the majority of us new members had originally thought. After all, you can't have both brains and body.

Good luck with your 8,818 and counting seemingly unhelpful posts with very few real life friends.

Hey, I'm not a meathead.

sixxpoint
05-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Hey, I'm not a meathead.

Not picking on the helpful. Despite your herd mentality, you are helpful :) Here to learn. I just don't appreciate the condescending, small-weenied sarcasm.

MrBillson
05-28-2013, 05:09 PM

Good luck with your 8,818 and counting seemingly unhelpful posts, presumably with very few real life friends.

Sixxpoint why are you still posting on these forums? I'm pretty sure every time I've seen you post anything you've just ended up getting into an argument with respected forum members?

If you hate the people on this forum so much, stop visiting it. I assure you you won't be missed.

sixxpoint
05-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Sixxpoint why are you still posting on these forums? I'm pretty sure every time I've seen you post anything you've just ended up getting into an argument with respected forum members?

If you hate the people on this forum so much, stop visiting it. I assure you you won't be missed.

If that did it for me pal, you'd be 1% more happy in life. But I really don't care what you think about me Billson. Nor do I really value your comments. So if I get to you, stop replying. By the way, I joined a month ago. Not sure why you're talking to me as if I've been here for years.

PS. If in "respected forum member", you mean debating a very opinionated topic with a SINGLE veteran member in a former post, then yes, I am guilty.

KayPS
05-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Not picking on the helpful. Despite your herd mentality, you are helpful :) Here to learn. I just don't appreciate the condescending, small-weenied sarcasm.

I like my herd. They make me happy.

MrBillson
05-28-2013, 05:16 PM
If that did it for me pal, you'd be 1% more happy in life. But I really don't care what you think about me Billson. Nor do I really value your comments. So if I get to you, stop replying. By the way, I joined a month ago. Not sure why you're talking to me as if I've been here for years.

PS. If in "respected forum member", you mean debating a very opinionated topic with a SINGLE veteran member in a former post, then yes, I am guilty.

I know you're new, and it just seems to me like whenever you're given information which goes against what you already believe you start getting argumentative.

And you seem to wholeheartedly disagree with what is written in the sticky posts, so you're never gonna get on that well with the most frequent posters in this forum.

necon76
05-28-2013, 05:17 PM

Awww. C'mere.

KobiDC
05-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Oh not this **** again...

MrBillson
05-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Oh not this **** again...

True dat. I'm not getting sucked in again.

I'm going to bed.

KayPS
05-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Awww. C'mere.

Do I get hugz? Because hugz make me happy, too. <3

tailwhip
05-28-2013, 05:20 PM
But foreal dough, I tried wheat beer when I went to Belgium.

It was mediocre.

MrBillson
05-28-2013, 05:22 PM

On spread.

softpounder
05-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Why was my bus late? I missed out a good thread.

KayPS
05-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Why was my bus late? I missed out a good thread.

You missed out on a lot. Did you see the testosterone thread? You should see the barrage of PM's and profile/picture comments I got after that. Fun times.

softpounder
05-28-2013, 05:37 PM
You missed out on a lot. Did you see the testosterone thread? You should see the barrage of PM's and profile/picture comments I got after that. Fun times.

No. Where is it? I'm gonna look for it now.

KayPS
05-28-2013, 05:38 PM
No. Where is it? I'm gonna look for it now.

Emma-Leigh even made an appearance, banned him, and locked the thread. He created another account, from which he was banned for all 21 comments and 4 PM's he sent me. Lulz.

softpounder
05-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Emma-Leigh even made an appearance, banned him, and locked the thread. He created another account, from which he was banned for all 21 comments and 4 PM's he sent me. Lulz.

I just read it.

Emma actually posted?

O_O.

Pug's comment was purty legendary. Abstinence in order to make some moar gainzzzzz.

And DatMurse too lols.

MrBillson
05-28-2013, 05:41 PM

srs? I did not realise it escalated to that.

I was too star struck at Emme-Leigh's appearance.

softpounder
05-28-2013, 05:44 PM

Starstruck huh.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr6khx3aea1qmnxxm.gif

desslok
05-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Somebody in this thread needs a nice cold whole grain weissbier. Ich habe bereits meine!

mandimeoutof10
05-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Just letting you Americans know that THIS IS WHERE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY GOES TO (through tax or educational fees).

http://i.imgur.com/INvk7bK.gif

softpounder
05-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Somebody in this thread needs a nice cold whole grain weissbeer. Ich habe bereits meine!

I really wish I had one of these right now:

http://www.worldbeercollection.com/sites/default/files/styles/beer-large/public/beer/photo/War.jpg

MrBillson
05-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Starstruck huh.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr6khx3aea1qmnxxm.gif

You know it lol.

KayPS
05-28-2013, 05:50 PM

Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous. I deleted all the comments from my profile.

KayPS
05-28-2013, 05:52 PM
From Friday. Sierra Nevada Summerfest. Need moar!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/252280_303858919749044_1493958601_n.jpg

MrBillson
05-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous. I deleted all the comments from my profile.

There should be an IQ test people have to pass before they can post on here or something.

softpounder
05-28-2013, 05:54 PM
From Friday. Sierra Nevada Summerfest. Need moar!

[beerimg]

Ugh, I am so thirsty.

Would really like to go all out in a weekend or two lol.