PDA

View Full Version : Couple quick questions

harwin01354
05-28-2013, 02:07 AM
Hey all l l, just a quick one

Im gonna bulk for about 6 months as im like a twig.
How do i work out my BRM so i can add my 500 cal, all diffeent sites say differnent things.

Once i work out my protein and fat needs (im clean bulking as im already.18.5% but i will be having cheat meals as i wanna live a little) once i have my numbers i will have carbs for the rest of the calories, my question is, can i go over my fats/protein during my carbs... Hope that makes a bit of sence

Last one..... I get so obsessed with numbers and i try to get it to the exact number i need, how much under/over their macros do peplle allow.... Or should i just have 3 meals a day snacks in between and not count anythink

Thanks all sorry to be a pain i tried research but getting confliting info

AJL1
05-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Hey all l l, just a quick one

Im gonna bulk for about 6 months as im like a twig.
How do i work out my BRM so i can add my 500 cal, all diffeent sites say differnent things.

Once i work out my protein and fat needs (im clean bulking as im already.18.5% but i will be having cheat meals as i wanna live a little) once i have my numbers i will have carbs for the rest of the calories, my question is, can i go over my fats/protein during my carbs... Hope that makes a bit of sence

Last one..... I get so obsessed with numbers and i try to get it to the exact number i need, how much under/over their macros do peplle allow.... Or should i just have 3 meals a day snacks in between and not count anythink

Thanks all sorry to be a pain i tried research but getting confliting info

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981&page=1

harwin01354
05-28-2013, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the link i have had a read, but it dont mention about going over needs...
Example

I eat my meals and hit my protein and fat needs, so i start ahbing carbs to build up my calories but lets say pasta will add my protein, is that ok to go over abit?

KayPS
05-28-2013, 02:43 AM
Protein and fats are the only essential macronutrients. The minimums are just that. Hit those, and your remaining calories can be a mix of whichever macronutrients you prefer.

AJL1
05-28-2013, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the link i have had a read, but it dont mention about going over needs...
Example

I eat my meals and hit my protein and fat needs, so i start ahbing carbs to build up my calories but lets say pasta will add my protein, is that ok to go over abit?

Yes, that is absolutely fine.

harwin01354
05-28-2013, 03:23 AM
Brillant thanks, i will admit to myself im being a kobber and getting so obsesessed with hitting macros spot on