PDA

View Full Version : Help me out guys

Aspiringathlete
05-27-2013, 05:57 PM
So im posting here and have posted before and just want some confirmation and opinions. So im 6'1 about 169 pounds and 20 years old. Ive been doing a cutting plan for a while and want some advice. I really want to start bulking. Ive embedded a pic and want your guys opinion on my body and if im making the right move. My plan is to clean bulk with a 200-500 surplus with this set of macros. Gaining .5 per week
2750 Cal
175P
85F
Rest carbs/fat/protein depending on the day
Ill be running Starting strength or something similar as i have stalled out by doing it with a deficit. If you have any program suggestions im more than welcome to them. Im a uni student home for the summer with maximum time to make gains. I used to be really heavy and to be honest dont wanna become "skinnyfat" or more. Dont know if im really "skinnyfat" now, if i am just a little bit? I just wanna acquire some size and stay relatively lean whilst improving my athleticism. Also, whats a good point to stop this bulk?
Also note this pic is taken at night with food a little before so im normally a little leaner in the AM.
Any opinions and or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
http://i.imgur.com/RMtzeOn.jpg

cumminslifter
05-27-2013, 06:20 PM
that calorie intake seems pretty low for a bulk at your stats
macros look fine
workout is good
bulk until your happy with your strength
good job op

hercules455
05-27-2013, 06:30 PM
I"m glad to see you know that paying attention to your macros is key. If you aren't gaining keep adding calories systematically until you are. If you stall out in your weight gain add more calories. Shoot for 1/2 lb a week. This should allow you to add muscle mass with minimum fat guy in my opinion.

As for training programs I'm a huge fan of Eric Broser's Power Rep Range Shock and Fiber Destruction Fiber Saturation. You can find in the workouts stickys.

Aspiringathlete
05-27-2013, 07:13 PM
thanks guys! Calories do seem low im just not tryna get fat, i will adjust if not gaining properly on scale/ in weightroom. Am i skinnyfat?

cumminslifter
05-28-2013, 07:34 AM
thanks guys! Calories do seem low im just not tryna get fat, i will adjust if not gaining properly on scale/ in weightroom. Am i skinnyfat?it slightly looks that way, not horrible though

Aspiringathlete
05-28-2013, 12:54 PM
it slightly looks that way, not horrible though
Yeah i mean i knew i maybe had a SLIGHT case but nothing lean muscle cant fix. Anymore insight on a workout plan or should i just stick with SS?
Training for strength, athleticism and aesthetics

WonderPug
05-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Anymore insight on a workout plan or should i just stick with SS?
This 5x5 varient is good and easy to follow:

feY6vi6ORXo

cumminslifter
05-28-2013, 01:26 PM
^this is a good one to start with op

aaronuconn
05-28-2013, 01:29 PM
thanks guys! Calories do seem low im just not tryna get fat, i will adjust if not gaining properly on scale/ in weightroom. Am i skinnyfat?
Don't forget about the mirror. As for skinny fat, you just need some LBM. Should work itself out if you cut later one.

This 5x5 varient is good and easy to follow:

feY6vi6ORXo
Wish I would have gone with this instead of my own makeshift hypertrophic workout right from the get go. My strength I'm sure would be much more advanced.

KobiDC
05-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Yeah i mean i knew i maybe had a SLIGHT case but nothing lean muscle cant fix. Anymore insight on a workout plan or should i just stick with SS?
Training for strength, athleticism and aesthetics

SS is primarily, a strength program, and not a size program.

If you're looking to improve your physique while gaining strength, I would do with the ICF 5x5 variant; look at the video cummins posted.

Aspiringathlete
05-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Definitely a great video and program. Will give it some thought. Thanks guys!

Edwared001
05-28-2013, 03:13 PM
So im posting here and have posted before and just want some confirmation and opinions. So im 6'1 about 169 pounds and 20 years old. Ive been doing a cutting plan for a while and want some advice. I really want to start bulking. Ive embedded a pic and want your guys opinion on my body and if im making the right move. My plan is to clean bulk with a 200-500 surplus with this set of macros. Gaining .5 per week
2750 Cal
175P
85F
Ill be running Starting strength or something similar as i have stalled out by doing it with a deficit. If you have any program suggestions im more than welcome to them. Im a uni student home for the summer with maximum time to make gains. I used to be really heavy and to be honest dont wanna become "skinnyfat" or more. Dont know if im really "skinnyfat" now, if i am just a little bit? I just wanna acquire some size and stay relatively lean whilst improving my athleticism. Also, whats a good point to stop this bulk?
Also note this pic is taken at night with food a little before so im normally a little leaner in the AM.

Stop bulking when you feel too fat, the end.

rand18m
05-28-2013, 04:08 PM
2750 Cal
175P
85F

Lift-Eat-Rest-Repeat!

I don't care what program you choose, if you don't aspire to learn proper form, proper intensities and volume variations, proper rest and proper nutrition, you won't maximize your gains

The names of the programs you choose do not dictate the outcome of your training!

Try and keep this as simple as possible, in reality that is hard enough, especially in the beginning. What you need is lifting eating and resting, and the lifting should be done with almost exclusively compound exercises. If you like some isolation work then by all means add that into your workout, this chit is supposed to be fun, but your best gains at your status will come from compound movements and a focus on adding strength.

You're young, I suggest you take advantage of your hormonal status, stop paralysis by analysis, a condition that apparently starts in the pages of muscle magazines and is highly contagious.

You'll do fine!

Aspiringathlete
05-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Lift-Eat-Rest-Repeat!

I don't care what program you choose, if you don't aspire to learn proper form, proper intensities and volume variations, proper rest and proper nutrition, you won't maximize your gains

The names of the programs you choose do not dictate the outcome of your training!

Try and keep this as simple as possible, in reality that is hard enough, especially in the beginning. What you need is lifting eating and resting, and the lifting should be done with almost exclusively compound exercises. If you like some isolation work then by all means add that into your workout, this chit is supposed to be fun, but your best gains at your status will come from compound movements and a focus on adding strength.

You're young, I suggest you take advantage of your hormonal status, stop paralysis by analysis, a condition that apparently starts in the pages of muscle magazines and is highly contagious.

You'll do fine!

Repped thanks man! Think ill stick with SS and keep consistent!