PDA

View Full Version : is paul george the next scottie pippen??

ThickMeat
05-26-2013, 02:08 PM
he has all the tools to be an all around player like him

Ferocious12
05-26-2013, 02:19 PM

Otaman
05-26-2013, 02:20 PM

isp
05-26-2013, 03:04 PM
It's very rare that you come upon a young man like Paul George. Who can shoot, who can defend, who can rebound, who can be a leader, and who can make clutch plays under pressure. Those five tools, you don't see that very often. Most of the youngsters in the league have one or two tools and they're only hoping to develop an extra one. Paul has five, I mean we're looking at a guy who is a potential superstar for Indiana.

RMT25
05-26-2013, 03:17 PM
It's very rare that you come upon a young man like Paul George. Who can shoot, who can defend, who can rebound, who can be a leader, and who can make clutch plays under pressure. Those five tools, you don't see that very often. Most of the youngsters in the league have one or two tools and they're only hoping to develop an extra one. Paul has five, I mean we're looking at a guy who is a potential superstar for Indiana.

MiamiLife305
05-26-2013, 03:19 PM

bzman
05-26-2013, 03:21 PM
yeh hes a sick player, kinda a random comparison though

TexasMajor
05-26-2013, 03:21 PM

ne12o
05-26-2013, 03:23 PM
paul george's career ends tonight
after lebron cooks his angus raw and eats it in his face he will never be the same after he is diagnosed with PTSD...

FireBurner
05-26-2013, 03:54 PM
]It's very rare that you come upon a young man like Paul George. Who can shoot, who can defend, who can rebound, who can be a leader, and who can make clutch plays under pressure. Those five tools, you don't see that very often. Most of the youngsters in the league have one or two tools and they're only hoping to develop an extra one. Paul has five, I mean we're looking at a guy who is a potential superstar for Indiana who will join LeBron in 2014 in Phoenix.

FuarkJohnson
05-26-2013, 03:59 PM
No. Jimmy Butler's a better defender. Paul George has absolutely no superstar potential

kgzk111
05-26-2013, 04:06 PM
No. Jimmy Butler's a better defender. Paul George has absolutely no superstar potential

notWilliam
05-26-2013, 04:08 PM
after lebron cooks his angus raw and eats it in his face he will never be the same after he is diagnosed with PTSD...

FlabbyAndSick
05-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Pippen was known as a point forward. George is good but his awareness of the game and ball handling skills don't compare to pippen's yet. His dribble is still kind of loose. Pippen's all-around game was just better, but george is only in his 3rd year and has plenty of time to improve.

Patient Bear
05-26-2013, 04:11 PM
]It's very rare that you come upon a young man like Paul George. Who can shoot, who can defend, who can rebound, who can be a leader, and who can make clutch plays under pressure. Those five tools, you don't see that very often. Most of the youngsters in the league have one or two tools and they're only hoping to develop an extra one. Paul has five, I mean we're looking at a guy who is a potential superstar for Indiana who will join LeBron in 2014 in Phoenix.

One could only hope :o

DasWunderBrah
05-26-2013, 04:13 PM

_Translucency
05-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Shows how underrated Scottie Pippen is by most.

rusvik
05-26-2013, 04:51 PM

I think it is a fair comparison. George has much of the same game as Pippen as a two way sf. Only thing is Pippen was a better playmaker, but I think George can grow into that, particularly if they don't get a decent point guard, he probably should be initiating offense a lot more.

FuarkJohnson
05-26-2013, 05:23 PM
^^Agreed with 2 above, Scottie being grossly underrated right now.

Paul George is nowhere NEAR the defender Pippen was. And significantly worse on offense.

So no, his absolute ceiling will be slightly worse than Pippen.

homicidal_misc
05-26-2013, 05:26 PM
George not only has a long way to go on Defense to match Pippen, but he is nowhere near as skilled offensively as Pippen was. Pippen is a top 50 player all time. George is an all-star caliber player. People are getting too hype over a two game stretch where he has scored some points along with a nice dunk mixed in.

rusvik
05-26-2013, 05:31 PM
George not only has a long way to go on Defense to match Pippen, but he is nowhere near as skilled offensively as Pippen was. Pippen is a top 50 player all time. George is an all-star caliber player. People are getting too hype over a two game stretch where he has scored some points along with a nice dunk mixed in.

Pippen wasn't a superstar out of the box either. He grew into it too.

Maddi1990
05-26-2013, 09:10 PM

Pippen wasn't a superstar out of the box either. He grew into it too.

1harud1
05-26-2013, 09:33 PM
when paul george can have a highlight of just defensive plays alone we can throw him in the category

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9vFHYVXtRk

ne12o
05-26-2013, 09:41 PM

lol, paul george prolly having nightmares right now about lebron posting up on his bish ass

OutWorkedByNo1
05-26-2013, 09:43 PM
lol, paul george prolly having nightmares right now about lebron posting up on his bish ass

lol^this.

Scottie is ranked in the top 50 players of all time. PG will never be mentioned in the top 50. once again you are a prisoner of the moment.Grossly underrating him

ThickMeat for worst poster on sports misc.

whitepaper
05-26-2013, 09:58 PM
when paul george can have a highlight of just defensive plays alone we can throw him in the category

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9vFHYVXtRk

Lol, man. Charging calls came so easily back in the day, it seems.

BullBoy8
05-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Jimmy Butler= Scottie Pippen 2.0

AlphaDog3
05-27-2013, 08:42 AM
If D Wade can consistently play like he did in game 3 he might be the "next" Scottie Pippen. 18 points, 8 assist, 4 rebs and he primarily guarded the other teams best perimeter offensive player. Wade may age gracefully after all.

rootcon
05-27-2013, 09:01 AM
This pippen?
c7SbG-8Bvgk

broboma2012
05-27-2013, 10:29 AM
This pippen?
c7SbG-8Bvgk

didn't know that members of the British parliament were nba commentators. jeez, that is the worst wig i have ever seen. scottie is such a phag for doing that btw

Aguy2diefor
05-27-2013, 10:59 AM
The amount of stupid, I only watch bsketball games in the play-offs, prisoner of the moment miscer on sport misc is really showing on this thread. Geroge is not the leader, Heck Hill is more of a vocal leader than him on his own team.

George is a good defender, but nowehre near Socttie pippen level. I'd argue his defensive honors were more to do with the NBA trying to sell a new player, he's certainly overrated on that regard. Offensively, he's a pretty damn good player. But let's not act like he's an efficient or consistent scorer because he is not.

SMH at misc.

OutWorkedByNo1
05-27-2013, 11:02 AM
This pippen?
c7SbG-8Bvgk

MJ wasn't there so Pippen wanted to be the man and take the last shot, i dont blame him. thats what you WANT your superstars to be.

now asking out of the play was selfish but i dont fault him for wanting the big shot. he should've handled it better tho since it can fck up your teams chemistry.

Spill512
05-27-2013, 11:58 AM
George is the poverty version of Scottie Pippen.

He can't defend as well as him. and he is NOWHERE close to him as a scorer.

L0lJ0ker3
05-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Nah thats Jimmy Butler's destiny.

But seriously yall acting like George won't get any better after the season. He's got a lot of potential to improve both his offense and defense which is already at a great level for his age & experience.

BasedPrincess
05-27-2013, 12:27 PM
In terms of scoring/shooting/dribbling/defense/intangibles/passing/swag, Scottie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

bottle_cap
05-27-2013, 12:28 PM
dwade has the most potential to be the next pippen IMO if he stays decently healthy

ThatKindaGuy
05-27-2013, 12:49 PM
This pippen?
c7SbG-8Bvgk

Awww yea, Toni Kukoc, Croatian sensation. Nicely proballer I ever met. Pippen bit of a diva, eh?

George is the poverty version of Scottie Pippen.

He can't defend as well as him. and he is NOWHERE close to him as a scorer.

Jeez, you guys need to chill out. George and Butler are both young and already very good defenders. GOAT defenders? No, not yet. Maybe never, but maybe they will be one day. In retrospect we always glorify things from the past and I doubt George or Butler would get a fair comparison from ANYONE right now when you bring up Pippen and so on.

I have become a fan of both mainly for their defense, but also for their no-nonsense-attitude about basketball. They don't want around and call themselves King or act a fool like Westbrook or get coked up in a NY night club. They do work and are humble about it. I like that in a player.

wifestealer
05-27-2013, 12:55 PM
dwade has the most potential to be the next pippen IMO if he stays decently healthy

are the people saying wade can be the next pippen talking from THIS POINT forward? because wade's career so far is more impressive.

wade's defensive skill set is based more on great anticipation in the passing lanes and gambles, whereas scottie was known to a be a lockdown defender. he's undersized as a 2 guard as well imo, but if we're talking strictly boxscore and overall impact on a game and not playstyle then i guess he's headed pippen's direction.

ThickMeat
11-07-2013, 06:51 PM
pippen age 23

14.4 ppg 6.1 rbp 3.5 apg

george age 23

25.8 ppg 8.2 rbp 4.0 apg

PureCardio
11-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Pippen was known as a point forward. George is good but his awareness of the game and ball handling skills don't compare to pippen's yet. His dribble is still kind of loose. Pippen's all-around game was just better, but george is only in his 3rd year and has plenty of time to improve.

This though I think pg might be a better scorer already

sh0tcall3r
11-07-2013, 07:03 PM
are the people saying wade can be the next pippen talking from THIS POINT forward? because wade's career so far is more impressive.

wade's defensive skill set is based more on great anticipation in the passing lanes and gambles, whereas scottie was known to a be a lockdown defender. he's undersized as a 2 guard as well imo, but if we're talking strictly boxscore and overall impact on a game and not playstyle then i guess he's headed pippen's direction.

Lol. Gtfo you midget.