PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb Diet?

VinnyPasqua
05-19-2013, 11:58 AM
I started a low carb diet less than I week ago. I have been having 30 grams of carbs or less a day. Before a workout I take some C4 Extreme, but I'm still really low on energy. Is there any way to get more energy? I have been going down in all my reps.

psychodiver9
05-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Eat more carbs

WonderPug
05-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Why are you using a ketogentic diet?

If there's a medically justified reason, then consider (increased) intake of MCT's, especially from coconut oil/milk.

mediumraw
05-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Eat more carbs

/thread

ironwill2008
05-19-2013, 12:29 PM
I started a low carb diet less than I week ago. I have been having 30 grams of carbs or less a day. Before a workout I take some C4 Extreme, but I'm still really low on energy. Is there any way to get more energy? I have been going down in all my reps.

Yes. Abandon your exclusionary nutrition plan and start over again with adequate macros.

VinnyPasqua
05-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Eat more carbs
Isn't there increased fat loss with low carbs?

DatMurse
05-19-2013, 12:51 PM
fat oxidation is relevant to the amount of glycogen in your system

so lets say this
energy oxidation is dependent upon availability of fuel.
so fat oxidation is higher when glycogen availability is low.

higher fat intake w/ lower carb= more stored fat but higher fat burning
higher carb intake w/ low fat = less stored fat, but higher carb burning.

it is overall determined by caloric intake. TDEE still has to pull energy from a source.

WonderPug
05-19-2013, 12:52 PM
Isn't there increased fat loss with low carbs?Nope, unless you suffer from a relevant underlying condition, such as metabolic syndrom, in which case there can be unique benefits to nutritional ketosis.

psychodiver9
05-19-2013, 01:05 PM

No. You will lose weight due to water depletion but not fat

VinnyPasqua
05-19-2013, 01:21 PM
So in your opinion what is the best way to cut?
fat oxidation is relevant to the amount of glycogen in your system

so lets say this
energy oxidation is dependent upon availability of fuel.
so fat oxidation is higher when glycogen availability is low.

higher fat intake w/ lower carb= more stored fat but higher fat burning
higher carb intake w/ low fat = less stored fat, but higher carb burning.

it is overall determined by caloric intake. TDEE still has to pull energy from a source.

Gxp23
05-19-2013, 01:28 PM

a calorie deficit.

WonderPug
05-19-2013, 01:37 PM
So in your opinion what is the best way to cut?Set caloric intake to between 80% of 90% of TDEE.

Ensure sufficiency intake of protein and fat, with your remaining caloric budget composed from whatever mix of macronutrients you prefer (based on energy, performance, satiety, palatability, health markers, preexisting conditions, etc).

Ensure micronutrient sufficiency, preferably derived from a diet composed in the (vast) majority from whole and minimally processed foods.

DatMurse
05-19-2013, 02:21 PM

its what everyone else said. I am just clarifying the comment of fat oxidation vs carb oxidation. in the end it matters about caloric deficit.

There is no need to go further in depth of how energy is oxidized unless you just have straight up curiosity. if you do, then you will have to start reading some books over physiology.. for the average person it is not needed

VinnyPasqua
05-19-2013, 03:31 PM
its what everyone else said. I am just clarifying the comment of fat oxidation vs carb oxidation. in the end it matters about caloric deficit.

There is no need to go further in depth of how energy is oxidized unless you just have straight up curiosity. if you do, then you will have to start reading some books over physiology.. for the average person it is not needed
Thanks, I will go back to eating carbs and just stay on a calorie deficit.

ionlycurl
01-10-2014, 06:00 PM
eat more carbs dumbass bitch *****