PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson Confirms that Kobe is the Biggest Chucker in the history of the NBA

bottle_cap
05-18-2013, 01:15 PM
"When his shot is off, Kobe will pound away relentlessly until his luck turns"
-Phil Jacksons

lol kobe fans so mad right now

GPx
05-18-2013, 01:16 PM
You got all that from that sentence?

Strong stretch.

Daewoo_Lanos
05-18-2013, 02:00 PM
"When his shot is off, Kobe will pound away relentlessly until his luck turns"
-Phil Jacksons

lol kobe fans so mad right now

most missed field goals in NBA history... not even top 5 in field goals made.

LOL'd hard as fuk

Lakersbake
05-18-2013, 02:05 PM
most missed field goals in NBA history... not even top 5 in field goals made.

LOL'd hard as fuk

Dude, you need to get some help, this is unhealthy.

WRXbrah
05-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Ofcourse Kobe chucks but what I found really great was Kobes mentality when chucking. There are other players that just stop taking shots when they're not in the zone because they cant shake the mental aspect of bricking over and over. Kobe somehow is able to forget about the last shot and keep chucking away till he finds his rythm. Not a single **** is given by him. Good or bad, I believe they call that leadership and taking everything on your shoulders regardless of outcome.

bottle_cap
05-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Ofcourse Kobe chucks but what I found really great was Kobes mentality when chucking. There are other players that just stop taking shots when they're not in the zone because they cant shake the mental aspect of bricking over and over. Kobe somehow is able to forget about the last shot and keep chucking away till he finds his rythm. Not a single **** is given by him. Good or bad, I believe they call that leadership and taking everything on your shoulders regardless of outcome.

oh is that what they call chucking nowadays

thanks for clearing that up

WRXbrah
05-18-2013, 02:14 PM
oh is that what they call chucking nowadays

thanks for clearing that up

my explanation of chucking was a helluva lot better than your attempt at trolling.

bottle_cap
05-18-2013, 02:16 PM
my explanation of chucking was a helluva lot better than your attempt at trolling.

your explanation of chucking can suck my wrinkly balls

Daewoo_Lanos
05-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Dude, you need to get some help, this is unhealthy.

check my fact$

I OuTsiDeR I
05-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Ofcourse Kobe chucks but what I found really great was Kobes mentality when chucking. There are other players that just stop taking shots when they're not in the zone because they cant shake the mental aspect of bricking over and over. Kobe somehow is able to forget about the last shot and keep chucking away till he finds his rythm. Not a single **** is given by him. Good or bad, I believe they call that leadership and taking everything on your shoulders regardless of outcome.This is so full of fail.

outfoxxed
05-18-2013, 02:31 PM
kobe gonna be an actor

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYvedhUrfK9_mT4gmTkiiIi-bAebrbuzo_t11JLzAkrH3LdXKSNg

Dang3rZone
05-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Brb riding jordan and kobe to 11 championships.

niknguyen
05-18-2013, 03:18 PM
Oh Lawd. So according to WRXbrah, since melo and Jr keeps on chucking, it's all good even though they miss, cause it's being a leader? Ok Gotcha.

thickwall
05-18-2013, 03:24 PM
God damn, nikn. Stop, your posts are ****ing terrible.

OutWorkedByNo1
05-18-2013, 03:28 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img713/4653/jaguarsfangif.gif

http://imageshack.us/a/img32/2/561515491.gif

DasWunderBrah
05-18-2013, 03:32 PM

http://i.imgur.com/YwJJv.gif

Future24
05-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Dude, you need to get some help, this is unhealthy.Hes a 60 year old on welfare. What do you expect.

WRXbrah
05-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Remind me how the Lakers did again without Kobe chucking against the Spurs?

OutWorkedByNo1
05-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Remind me how the Lakers did again without Kobe chucking against the Spurs?

i think its time to stop posting.

niknguyen
05-18-2013, 03:39 PM
God damn, nikn. Stop, your posts are ****ing terrible.

Go make a pick 1-8 thread phaggot

thickwall
05-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Srsly, Nikn you embarrass yourself every time you post.

And refresh the main page in 2mins

niknguyen = Neworleans on his 2nd account. Both Asian, both from Baton Rouge, both retarded. Reporting to mods

WRXbrah
05-18-2013, 03:42 PM
i think its time to stop posting.

ITT people that think superstars should stop shooting if they're having a bad game. k..

wifestealer
05-18-2013, 03:42 PM
and the loser of this thread goes to WRXbrah for being the only dumbkunt stupid enough to bite on the troll

gjdm to the other laker fans for not being phaggots

WRXbrah
05-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Oh Lawd. So according to WRXbrah, since melo and Jr keeps on chucking, it's all good even though they miss, cause it's being a leader? Ok Gotcha.

I said its a good leader quality to forget about the misses when trying to get into rythm and carrying your team. Remind me again how being a leader and Jr Smith belong in the same sentence? Now if the conversation was about smoking a blunt before every game and chucking up bricks Id gladly mention Jr, Odom, Beasley and countless others.

niknguyen
05-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Srsly, Nikn you embarrass yourself every time you post.

And refresh the main page in 2mins

niknguyen = Neworleans on his 2nd account. Both Asian, both from Baton Rouge, both retarded. Reporting to mods

Lmao??? Don't even know who neworleans is except for when I looked at the htown post. And someone from BR username new Orleans. Okjeff.

What exactly in my post just now did i just say to embarrass myself.

Edit: there's other Asians in the misc that's from new Orleans. Not sure about in the sports misc but in the regular misc. Maybe they're neworleans on their 3rd 4th and 5th accounts etc. Stfu

niknguyen
05-18-2013, 03:47 PM
I said its a good leader quality to forget about the misses when trying to get into rythm and carrying your team. Remind me again how being a leader and Jr Smith belong in the same sentence? Now if the conversation was about smoking a blunt before every game and chucking up bricks Id gladly mention Jr, Odom, Beasley and countless others.

Because they still shoot after missing trying to build a rhythm as well

thickwall
05-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Reporting you to mods.

When you make another account, try to put up an AVI that is a little less gooky.

WRXbrah
05-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Because they still shoot after missing trying to build a rhythm as well

So you think Westbrook, Durant, Harden, Lebron and Melo should all stop shooting if they're having an off day? pls respond.

niknguyen
05-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Reporting you to mods.

When you make another account, try to put up an AVI that is a little less gooky.

Lmfao. And a little less gooky is not racist. Same as calling someone a cracker or nigg3r. Maybe I should report you. Lol

niknguyen
05-18-2013, 03:52 PM
So you think Westbrook, Durant, Harden, Lebron and Melo should all stop shooting if they're having an off day? pls respond.

Yes. Stop taking possessions away and chucking up shots. Bball is a team game, yes it revolves around stars but there's 4 others on the court if you're having an off day

thickwall
05-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Enjoy your ban, and make sure you forward me your new username. Try to keep your posts to 3 word max, so people don't find out it's you.

OutWorkedByNo1
05-18-2013, 03:54 PM
negging WRXBrah when im off r/c

i thought he was trolling at first but he's dead serious. Your post are horrible, pls just stop.

WRXbrah
05-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Yes. Stop taking possessions away and chucking up shots. Bball is a team game, yes it revolves around stars but there's 4 others on the court if you're having an off day

So how did that team game workout when Kobe was injured?

SpiderSense
05-18-2013, 03:56 PM
I have some bad news

Phil was actually talking about watching Kobe have sex with your mother.

niknguyen
05-18-2013, 03:57 PM
So how did that team game workout when Kobe was injured?

Obviously didn't have him out there to occupy defenders.

Difference between being on the court and deferring. And not being on the court and not playing.

WRXbrah
05-18-2013, 03:57 PM
negging WRXBrah when im off r/c

i thought he was trolling at first but he's dead serious. Your post are horrible, pls just stop.

Kinda like your teams? I welcome your poverty red skittles.

niknguyen
05-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Enjoy your ban, and make sure you forward me your new username. Try to keep your posts to 3 word max, so people don't find out it's you.

Ok brah. I'll let you know. Still awaiting your chit pick1-8 threads and polls.

thickwall
05-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Funny thing is, the only other Asian that ever posted in those was NewOrleans. You also have the same tat he does in the pictures

Lmao... Can you be anymore obvious?

God damn, you are so stupid.

OutWorkedByNo1
05-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Kinda like your teams?

http://imageshack.us/a/img708/2758/tumblrmfq580hvvs1s04x8r.gif

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/5757/irmugjaeytrbe.gif

niknguyen
05-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Funny thing is, the only other Asian that ever posted in those was NewOrleans. You also have the same tat he does in the pictures

Lmao... Can you be anymore obvious?

God damn, you are so stupid.

Lol... Aware me. Just looked at the htown thread and his pic of calves. Go look in the losing fat section. I have progress pics in there somewhere. Keep trying. And there's peteytran on sports misc too. Not sure where he's from though

Rebounds45
05-18-2013, 04:04 PM
People exaggerate Kobe's chucking lol. At least he's not on that Melo or JR Smith time. 45-46% is aiight.

metallicabrah
05-18-2013, 04:05 PM
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/24040000/ngbbs4fe3f352759bc.jpg

this guy will surpass kobe by 2019

thickwall
05-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Lol... Aware me. Just looked at the htown thread and his pic of calves. Go look in the losing fat section. I have progress pics in there somewhere. Keep trying. And there's peteytran on sports misc too. Not sure where he's from though

Sorry, dude. I was gonna let it slide, but your posts are just so ****ing bad, i can't. Mods will be banning you in the next few mins

I OuTsiDeR I
05-18-2013, 04:08 PM
ITT people that think superstars should stop shooting if they're having a bad game. k..There is a difference between finding a rhythm and forcing shots. I could careless if Kobe had a bad shooting night and tried to find his rhythm by taking open shots and shots within the offense. But there are many times when he absolutely ball stops tries to go 1 on 1 or 1 on 3 just to try to find his shot. That is what I'm not ok with.

If you got a shot, you never hesitate and you take it. You don't have to force it and continue to force it. You made a comment about JR Smith how it isn't ok for him to do it to carry his team but it's ok for Kobe. There is no difference. Yet people are crying to bench JR Smith but would never try to bench Kobe for doing the exact same thing.

Again there is a HUGE difference between finding a rhythm and forcing shots.

WRXbrah
05-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Obviously didn't have him out there to occupy defenders.

Difference between being on the court and deferring. And not being on the court and not playing.

Average points losing to Spurs when Kobes playing = 2, Average points when Kobes sitting = 18

Maybe he should pass the ball more so Pau can miss easy 5 footers and Metta can airball more 3s.

WRXbrah
05-18-2013, 04:13 PM
You made a comment about JR Smith how it isn't ok for him to do it to carry his team but it's ok for Kobe. There is no difference. Yet people are crying to bench JR Smith but would never try to bench Kobe for doing the exact same thing.

Again there is a HUGE difference between finding a rhythm and forcing shots.

No I simply dont find JR a leader for the Knicks and hence wont compare him to the likeness of Kobe/Lebron/Durant/Harden etc. That role is Melos. I have no problem watching Melo throw up airballs trying to find his rythm however I do have an issue watching Jr go 1-10 all game because he was out the night before partying it up.\

Look theres no denying Kobe likes to have the ball and shoot up shots whether they go in on not but I have no problem with him doing so if it means the team has a better chance of winning. I think Kobe plays worse when he starts to forcefully dish the ball. Could he use some sort of a hybrid middle ground game, ofcourse. But at this stage of his career, change is going to come slow because thats not his style of instinctive play.

niknguyen
05-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Average points losing to Spurs when Kobes playing = 2, Average points when Kobes sitting = 18

Maybe he should pass the ball more so Pau can miss easy 5 footers and Metta can airball more 3s.

Aware me on when Kobe played the spurs in this postseason

I OuTsiDeR I
05-18-2013, 04:15 PM

Maybe he should pass the ball more so Pau can miss easy 5 footers and Metta can airball more 3s.Typical Kobe fan response.

Kwame/Smush = Gasol/Howard/Bynum/Nash/Artest

No matter what his team is, Kobe always does it by himself to Kobe fans.

I OuTsiDeR I
05-18-2013, 04:28 PM
No I simply dont find JR a leader for the Knicks and hence wont compare him to the likeness of Kobe/Lebron/Durant/Harden etc. That role is Melos. I have no problem watching Melo throw up airballs trying to find his rythm however I do have an issue watching Jr go 1-10 all game because he was out the night before partying it up.You are more upset at JR partying than his 1-10 shooting. Thats his fault and he is owning up to it. JR is the second best player on the team and they NEED him to score to win. Would you tell Pippen to stop shooting and only Jordan can chuck. Your best players and scorers need to find a rhythm no matter what but not by forcing shots.

Outside of him partying if ANY shooter shoots 1-10, would you tell them to stop shooting? Would you tell them to impact the game some other way? Or would you tell them force up whatever shot you want your the leader, it makes you look more of a leader because you don't give a damn what people think or what the outcome might be

PureCardio
05-18-2013, 04:32 PM

lol thats a horrible fuking trait. Not only does that mean you are an inefficient player, it means you are a bad decision maker. Nothing admirable about that.

lold hard

WRXbrah
05-18-2013, 04:37 PM
You are more upset at JR partying than his 1-10 shooting. Thats his fault and he is owning up to it. JR is the second best player on the team and they NEED him to score to win. Would you tell Pippen to stop shooting and only Jordan can chuck. Your best players and scorers need to find a rhythm no matter what but not by forcing shots.

Outside of him partying if ANY shooter shoots 1-10, would you tell them to stop shooting? Would you tell them to impact the game some other way? Or would you tell them force up whatever shot you want your the leader, it makes you look more of a leader because you don't give a damn what people think or what the outcome might be

If Pippen shot bad it didnt matter because Jordan loved to have the ball like Kobe. It really depends on who the shooter is that went 1-10. Obviously you're not gonna bench your star player and you're gonna let him shoot his way out of that rut. Does that make him a chucker though? Certain players let the misses effect their mental game too much and others forget about the last shot a second after they take it. I would much rather the superstar of my team be the latter even if it labels him a chucker by misc standards.

LobsterRageFist
05-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Lakers could never ride a hot hand because Kobe had to get his shots. I can't tell you how many times I'd look at the box score and Gasol + Bynum would be like 14/22 combined and Kobe would be 10/31. Or that some reserve would be 5/6 shooting and Kobe would be 9/27.

HEY LOOK THAT OTHER GUY IS HOT, GET HIM THE BALL.

Nope not the Kobe era Lakers. You never see a Laker bench player score 20+ and can probably count on your fingers how many times in a season another starter would go for 30+.

Jordan on the other hand would get guys like Craig Hodges, Steve Kerr, hell even Luc Longley or Bill Wennington the ball if they were shooting it well.

metallicabrah
05-18-2013, 04:44 PM
If Pippen shot bad it didnt matter because Jordan loved to have the ball like Kobe. It really depends on who the shooter is that went 1-10. Obviously you're not gonna bench your star player and you're gonna let him shoot his way out of that rut. Does that make him a chucker though? Certain players let the misses effect their mental game too much and others forget about the last shot a second after they take it. I would much rather the superstar of my team be the latter even if it labels him a chucker by misc standards.

yes kobe was a chucker. there were times when he would shoot an ''impossible'' shot or take on 2 defenders instead of passing it to an open derek fisher or an unstoppable shaqdeezy in the post.

he isnt as bad as he used to be in the latter part of his career

metallicabrah
05-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Lakers could never ride a hot hand because Kobe had to get his shots. I can't tell you how many times I'd look at the box score and Gasol + Bynum would be like 14/22 combined and Kobe would be 10/31. Or that some reserve would be 5/6 shooting and Kobe would be 9/27.

HEY LOOK THAT OTHER GUY IS HOT, GET HIM THE BALL.

Nope not the Kobe era Lakers. You never see a Laker bench player score 20+ and can probably count on your fingers how many times in a season another starter would go for 30+.

Jordan on the other hand would get guys like Craig Hodges, Steve Kerr, hell even Luc Longley or Bill Wennington the ball if they were shooting it well.

yup good point. i remember game 7 against the pacers it was kukoc, kerr and (maybe) buechler who were the main reasons the bulls were able to comeback and win the game. if it were the 2005 kobe on that team, kobe would just force the issue and try to win the game on his own.

I OuTsiDeR I
05-18-2013, 04:51 PM
If Pippen shot bad it didnt matter because Jordan loved to have the ball like Kobe. It really depends on who the shooter is that went 1-10. Obviously you're not gonna bench your star player and you're gonna let him shoot his way out of that rut. Does that make him a chucker though? Certain players let the misses effect their mental game too much and others forget about the last shot a second after they take it. I would much rather the superstar of my team be the latter even if it labels him a chucker by misc standards.Thing is it labels him chucker not just to this board but the entire world.

Did you even read my post? I'll ask you this what is the difference between letting your player find his rhythm and Forcing shots? Because there is a huge difference.

Where you are wrong is Kobe's teams don't have a better chance when he chucks. It's been proven in the NBA that one player trying to do everything himself NEVER works. Jordan/Kobe/Lebron/Durant it DOESN'T WORK.

If it doesn't work even when they are shooting WELL, it sure as hell isn't going to work when they aren't shooting well. Chucking is not the answer to get out of it.

Parker/Ginobilii both leaders of the Spurs had horrible shooting nights in gm 6. Did they force shots? No, they kept shooting within their offense, if it was there they shot it and eventually Parker hit some daggers against the GS. In the meantime they didn't chuck but nearly had double digit assists each. It's called you find another way to help your team, while trying to find your rhythm without chucking.

ClevageGobbler
05-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Same with Jordan.

mcboo2
05-18-2013, 04:59 PM
kobe is a career 45% on 20.5 attempts per game in the playoffs over his career = 9.2 fg per game

by comparison,

lebron is 47% on 20.3 attempts per game in the playoffs over his career. = 9.5fg per game

strong chucker status...