PDA

View Full Version : Ice cream is bad for you!!!!

22pete22
05-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Just kidding, I just wanted to see Serp's veins pulsing from his forehead!

Sorry Serp, just playing on a Friday!!

01lowbird
05-10-2013, 11:47 AM
basically calorie free...

inb4 Serps explanation of ice cream science

MrM27
05-10-2013, 11:49 AM
In for ice cream education as I eat some ice cream

22pete22
05-10-2013, 11:52 AM
In for ice cream education as I eat some ice cream

Haha, I try to save some calories for a little every night!

krete77
05-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Ice cream is bad for you. It contains to much sugar..and when taken in excess, can cause insulin spikes which will add up to extra fat accumulation. It is best to avoid ice cream, especially in the evening hours, when the body's metabolic reactions are less likely to break it down.

I have lost many pounds from cutting out ice cream out of my diet...and not only that but switching to diet sodas, limiting carb intake and choking down Casein protein before bed..(I know, I shouldn't force it down but hey it's slow absorbing overnight, so well worth it IMO).

Just my .02.

blindspot13
05-10-2013, 12:00 PM
krete trollin
haven't trolled a thread in a while, since nobody is gonna know me in there, im curious as to what kinda response im gonna get. im gonna play this one til the end to.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153916301

01lowbird
05-10-2013, 12:02 PM
I've eaten a serving of B&J or Talenti's ice cream almost everyday of my cut, fit it into my macros, and I've consistently lost 2lb/week for 3 months. So... yeah you must be doing something wrong if you think ice cream>insulin spike>extra fat.

Surprise surprise, I'm 1000 calories in deficit, and I'm losing 2lb/week on average. Who'd have thunk it??
say wha?

Hercegovac8
05-10-2013, 12:02 PM
If u can fit ice-cream into ur macros, it won't make u fat, but most commercial brand ice creams are loaded with harmful preservatives, emulsifiers, and stabilizers.

Hardly a 'good' food.

blindspot13
05-10-2013, 12:03 PM
say wha?

Wot m8?

krete77
05-10-2013, 12:06 PM
I've eaten a serving of B&J or Talenti's ice cream almost everyday of my cut, fit it into my macros, and I've consistently lost 2lb/week for 3 months. So... yeah you must be doing something wrong if you think ice cream>insulin spike>extra fat.

Surprise surprise, I'm 1000 calories in deficit, and I'm losing 2lb/week on average. Who'd have thunk it?? It's just math, brah. Learn it. Also lol@casein protein before bed and avoiding eating certain foods @night, u stuck in 2006 brah?

First of all; I don't think it's healthy that just because you can lose weight eating ice cream that it's a healthy approach to dieting. And yes, ice cream does create insulin spikes. It's not the ice cream itself, but the the extra processed crap in there that is causing it. Here, have a look at this study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20691771

It's not math. You are losing LBM not fat just so you know. Since when do PRO bber's eat ice cream and look like they do? Guess noone ever taught you about how important it is to have protein spread out throughout your body while you sleep.

Good luck with your goals though, I truly mean that.

krete77
05-10-2013, 12:07 PM
If u can fit ice-cream into ur macros, it won't make u fat, but most commercial brand ice creams are loaded with harmful preservatives, emulsifiers, and stabilizers.

Hardly a 'good' food.

Almost on point. It WILL make you fat, however. But everything else you stated is correct.

Processed crap is NOT the way to about dieting.

Chicken, rice, broccoli, etc..that's what you should be eating to lose weight.

22pete22
05-10-2013, 12:08 PM

Surprise surprise, I'm 1000 calories in deficit, and I'm losing 2lb/week on average. Who'd have thunk it?? It's just math, brah. Learn it. Also lol@casein protein before bed and avoiding eating certain foods @night, u stuck in 2006 brah?

I did the same thing last year.....I bet my sister that I could continue to lose 2 lbs per week on nothing but pizza and ice cream. Now I didn't get to eat a whole lot of pizza and ice cream, but the results were exactly the same. 2lbs. per week.

Hercegovac8
05-10-2013, 12:16 PM
I did the same thing last year.....I bet my sister that I could continue to lose 2 lbs per week on nothing but pizza and ice cream. Now I didn't get to eat a whole lot of pizza and ice cream, but the results were exactly the same. 2lbs. per week.

Losing weight is simply cals in vs cals out BUT it isn't wise to neglect foods with good macro AND micronutrient breakdown, health wise.

You can (and did) lose weight on pizza and ice cream, but are doing your body a disservice by not providing it with essential vitamins and minerals.

blindspot13
05-10-2013, 12:17 PM
krete trollin
haven't trolled a thread in a while, since nobody is gonna know me in there, im curious as to what kinda response im gonna get. im gonna play this one til the end to.

Serpentarius
05-10-2013, 12:18 PM
i didnt see this thread until now lol

ive eaten either 1 pint of half a pint pretty much every day for an entire year now, expensive as hell but feelsgoodman.jpg
I cant live without it to be honest lol, its the first thing i eat when i start eating :X

Its a negative calorie food though, you will use more calories digesting the ice cream in order to heat the body back up so you KNOW its good stuff, even billy mays says so ;)

Man, i gotta be honest though, if i had a normal maintenance i couldnt do that. If someone is cutting at 1800 calories a day you can hardly fit any processed foods into the calorie intake and have high satiety.

krete77
05-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Losing weight is simply cals in vs cals out BUT it isn't wise to neglect foods with good macro AND micronutrient breakdown, health wise.

You can (and did) lose weight on pizza and ice cream, but are doing your body a disservice by not providing it with essential vitamins and minerals.'

He only lost LBM not FAT by eating a diet based on ice cream.

blindspot13
05-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Alright this is just a giant troll thread

Znik
05-10-2013, 12:22 PM
i didnt see this thread until now lol

ive eaten either 1 pint of half a pint pretty much every day for an entire year now, expensive as hell but feelsgoodman.jpg
I cant live without it to be honest lol, its the first thing i eat when i start eating :X

Its a negative calorie food though, you will use more calories digesting the ice cream in order to heat the body back up so you KNOW its good stuff, even billy mays says so ;)

Man, i gotta be honest though, if i had a normal maintenance i couldnt do that. If someone is cutting at 1800 calories a day you can hardly fit any processed foods into the calorie intake and have high satiety.

Latest studies show that in order to process the ice-cream since its negative calorie food, the body will sacrifice muscle to help break it down. So you lose alot of weight but most of it is muscle.

krete77
05-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Lol, first off I'm not a pro phucking bodybuilder and neither are you. Your study had absolutely nothing to do with ice cream, but insulin spikes on rats. Here's a useful quote for you regarding ice cream and insulin spikes:

Relax, you are on a body building website so I would assume that you are taking body building approaches to losing fat/building muscle, NOT eating ice cream and saying you're losing weight because a scale says so.

And whether I'm losing LBM? I doubt it's much, considering I've been in a consistent 1000 calorie deficit for 3 months and my strength gains have continued to go up while weight has gone down. Do I expect to lose 100% fat, no but I had a lot of fat to be lost. The thing regarding protein being spread out makes me think you're just trolling, you're not stupid enough to still believe you need protein spread out throughout the day in like 6 seperate meals because your body can only process 25g at a time, right?

So you're either a troll or still stuck in 2006 broscience, someone will surely save you.

You did lose LBM. Majority of what you lose is LBM on crap food. Bottom line. I'm not a big advocate of 6 meals a day, however, I do believe that when the body goes into protein synthesis, it needs something to pull from over night to repair muscles. Here's a study from PUBMED on just this:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22330017

Pretty much sums it up that you DO in fact need it overnight..but not a necessity. It is advantageous to do so however.

AND, that quote from JasonDB is not backed by science. It is his words vs. science.

blindspot13
05-10-2013, 12:25 PM
krete trollin

01lowbird
05-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Alright this is just a giant troll thread
say wha?

blindspot13
05-10-2013, 12:31 PM
At least hit me up with some measlies 4 being a phaggot bro

ya u

krete77
05-10-2013, 12:37 PM
At least hit me up with some measlies 4 being a phaggot bro

ya u

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

missladyj
05-10-2013, 01:34 PM
You just got served.

/flamboyantly ghetto finger snap