PDA

View Full Version : Endomorph weightloss

Athomas007
05-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Hey guys, forgive because I'm new this all this. But I'm 28 yrs old 5'7" and weigh 180lbs. From what I've been reading I fall in the endomorph category and I need to lose weight. I would like to be down to 160-165. So my question is should I be focusing on hard core cardio and lifting or just cardio. I know that muscle weighs more then fat so I'm hesitant to lift. But I've also been told that lifting is better for the metabolism. I'm very confused and just need some guidance.

jger13
05-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Your weight is more influenced by your diet than your exercise. Besides your weight, you should decide what your other goals are. Do you want to be lean like a long distance runner? Do you wan to look like a fitness model? That's what different exercise routines can do for you. But your results will be incredibly limited in any direction if your diet is off.

MrM27
05-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Being endo/ecto/meso does not matter. It will not changed the the fact that you need to eat at a deficit and lift heavy ass weights. Do cardio for cardiovascular health if you want. It's not necessary for fat loss. Go read the stickys in the nutrition and exercise sections.

Athomas007
05-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys for the input.