PDA

View Full Version : need help

kirrasbank
05-09-2013, 03:10 PM
I'm overweight and not really that strong.... I'm 245-250 lb and only bench 140 and I power clean. 140 .... I'm looking to lose weight or possible turn fat into muscle .... I need to no how many calories should I eat ... Note I don't eat junk food ...or drink pop only flavored water and water.... I weightlift 3(4) days a week... 3:30 to 5:00 usually hard workouts... of course for my weight size a kit is hard.... Should I eat before my workout... I just don't no what to do... I'd like to get down to 220 or lower. In 2-3 months .... And mabey somehow get my bench up to 160 or higher .. Would appreciate help

Azailo
05-09-2013, 03:36 PM
It's all about calories in and calories out OP. Technically, you could eat mcdonalds 3x a day, but as long as you're under your maintenance calories you won't put on weight. But if you eat brown rice with chicken and aspargus 24/7, but exceed your calories, you'll be putting on weight.

The problem is you can't be packing on muscle and losing your fat at the same time (not effectively anyway). If you're body fat is really high and it makes you uncomfortable, then go on a calorie deficit and do cardio every other day (look into HIIT). Be consistent with your diet and you'll be losing weight in no time

If you wanna gain strength though, just eat in a calorie surplus (1g per lb of bodyweight), maintaining your clean eating, and you should be able to reach your 160lb bench goals and all that. It's one or the other, really ineffective to do both at the same time.

kirrasbank
05-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the reply man.. So basically if I wanted to lose weight I should lose it and then go and. Work out.. And how many calories should I eat . thanks..

kirrasbank
05-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Any1#??