PDA

View Full Version : Protein powder as discretionary?

Broscientist88
05-06-2013, 04:47 AM
Hey I was wondering If there's a problem with me
Filling discretionary cals with protein powder? I get my 1g/lb through whole foods.. But Im bulkin and I have a couple tubs of Pronom.. It's very tasty and easy cals to get in.. Is there a problem with this? I realise it means I'm getting an unnecessary amount of protein. My macros today for example are roughly 330 carbs / 75 fats /230 protein. Had 3 scoops today. Thanks for input.

KobiDC
05-06-2013, 04:48 AM
Nothing wrong with it, but wouldn't you prefer ice cream, chocolate, donuts, or anything else? IMO, protein powder isn't very appetising - no way I'd spend my discretionary calories on powder. :(

If you like it though OP, it's fine.

Broscientist88
05-06-2013, 04:55 AM
Nothing wrong with it, but wouldn't you prefer ice cream, chocolate, donuts, or anything else? IMO, protein powder isn't very appetising - no way I'd spend my discretionary calories on powder. :(

If you like it though OP, it's fine.
I also had a small tub of Ben and Jerry's ;) haha I know what your saying yeah.. But I hold water like crazy and I also like the fact I don't look as puffy when I'm not eating like 500g of carbs a day.

Agabekov
05-06-2013, 04:56 AM
Hey I was wondering If there's a problem with me
Filling discretionary cals with protein powder? I get my 1g/lb through whole foods.. But Im bulkin and I have a couple tubs of Pronom.. It's very tasty and easy cals to get in.. Is there a problem with this? I realise it means I'm getting an unnecessary amount of protein. My macros today for example are roughly 330 carbs / 75 fats /230 protein. Had 3 scoops today. Thanks for input.

what you are doing with the rest calories you have is purely your personal preferences, if you like protein, by all means, go for it.
Going for carbs would be more beneficial for your gym performance though.

cumminslifter
05-06-2013, 06:38 AM
what you are doing with the rest calories you have is purely your personal preferences, if you like protein, by all means, go for it.
Going for carbs would be more beneficial for your gym performance though.not necessarily , a lot of people feel better without carbs in their diet

Broscientist88
05-06-2013, 06:52 AM
not necessarily , a lot of people feel better without carbs in their diet
I agree, I find big carb meals make me fairly lethargic, and they puff me up like you wouldn't believe.

Agabekov
05-06-2013, 07:25 AM
not necessarily , a lot of people feel better without carbs in their diet

well, ive tried and it works for me but sure, do whatever makes you feel the best.

moosedahgoose
05-06-2013, 07:33 AM
I do not see why not.

I personally wouldn't. Eating childhood-cereals-my-mother-wouldn't-let-me-have until I hit 3k. All day, every day.

softpounder
05-06-2013, 08:42 AM
well, ive tried and it works for me but sure, do whatever makes you feel the best.

Agreed. Personal preference plays a huge role in all of our decisions in life.

inb4 chubbychasers

Safin
05-06-2013, 09:43 AM
LOL 1g/lb. You need way more than that. I'm on 2g/lb roughly and I'm growing like a baby. Beautiful growth of lean muscle tissue. Saying that, most people on this forum barely eat and make any excuse to not train properly (oh you only need 45 mins in the gym per day BS) and saying stuff like you don't even need 1g/lb.

Broscientist88
05-06-2013, 10:26 AM
LOL 1g/lb. You need way more than that. I'm on 2g/lb roughly and I'm growing like a baby. Beautiful growth of lean muscle tissue. Saying that, most people on this forum barely eat and make any excuse to not train properly (oh you only need 45 mins in the gym per day BS) and saying stuff like you don't even need 1g/lb.
Err..

softpounder
05-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Safin needs a name swap. He should be broscientist, not you.

cumminslifter
05-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Safin needs a name swap. He should be broscientist, not you.lmao

Safin
05-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Safin needs a name swap. He should be broscientist, not you.

My information is based on the finest source of peer-reviewed journals (2013+) and my own personal experience of building fibrous lean muscle tissue.

softpounder
05-06-2013, 02:22 PM
My information is based on the finest source of peer-reviewed journals (2013+) and my own personal experience of building fibrous lean muscle tissue.

pls go

misc is the other way

Safin
05-06-2013, 02:48 PM
pls go

misc is the other way

Says the guy who just told me "pls go".

I think you need to spend more time eating and training.

softpounder
05-06-2013, 03:04 PM

Thanks for increasing my hate towards douchebags that have a better physique than me and telling me to train better and eating better.

And you're spouting broscience post per post, trolling with no humor and uses your own body as your source of reference.

FYI: Skinny fat, obese, bullimic in the past, and conquered all three. While you have your keyboard and act like an internet thug with a good physique. Great accomplishments.

As explained, Misc probably has a home suitable for you.

gbullock32
05-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Wouldn't use powder for discretionary calories simply due to the cost; if you don't like carbs than you could always get more fat/protein from whole foods for cheaper. Eggs, meat, cheese, and nuts/nut butters would fill out your calories easily for far cheaper; but at the end of the day it's your call.

KobiDC
05-06-2013, 03:40 PM

It's good to see trolls are getting more creative. :)