PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams kills another coach

skizz
05-05-2013, 09:55 AM
RIP PJ

Adrian Wojnarowski ********@WojYahooNBA 1m

Nets search for a new coach has started. P.J. Carlesimo won't be brought back. Jeff Van Gundy is a top target, sources say.

pls no JVG dont go to the nets

Otaman
05-05-2013, 10:06 AM
RIP PJ

Adrian Wojnarowski ********@WojYahooNBA 1m

Nets search for a new coach has started. P.J. Carlesimo won't be brought back. Jeff Van Gundy is a top target, sources say.

pls no JVG dont go to the nets

Where do you want him to go? Knicks are set with Woodson I think

SighGR
05-05-2013, 10:07 AM
PJ was a bad coach, who had the worst rotations. Glad he's gone, and I'm not even a Nets fan.

BullBoy8
05-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Deron isnt that good. Dont know why people think he is. Bottom half of the top 10 at best.

originaldood
05-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Deron isnt that good. Dont know why people think he is. Bottom half of the top 10 at best.

Says Williams isn't good. Puts him in the top 10. You wut m8??

chlaxman
05-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Hire Jerry Sloan

bdub2070
05-05-2013, 10:38 AM

says he isn't THAT good.

learn to read phag.

BullBoy8
05-05-2013, 10:39 AM

People have labeled him a top 2 pg.

Masstastic
05-05-2013, 10:41 AM
JVG is an overrated coach in his own right.

I really dont understand how a guy suddenly goes on TV talking about the game makes fans at home think that they are a "good coach". JVG was terrible in Houston, deserved to be fired, and it was no coincidence that Adelman did better than him.

Nets need to go after Mike Malone

ThatKindaGuy
05-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Nets need a better coach though and Prokhorov is dead-set on getting a big name.

For next season the Nets need a better coach, one goon and a hitman to take out JJ and Wallace so their contracts expire. Team needs to be build around D.Will, Lopez and Humphries. And Lopez needs to develop better rebounding, while Humphries needs to develop man-on-man defense.

Wu-Massacre
05-05-2013, 10:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bRvd7.gif

People have labeled him a top 2 pg.if it makes you feel any better he is a top 3 pg

gotrice33
05-05-2013, 10:54 AM
says he isn't THAT good.

learn to read phag.

no one ever sai he was a top 10 player lol..

StringBell
05-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Why is it that the NBA just retreads the same coaches over and over again? There aren't some young assistant coaches waiting in the wings that could be the next big thing?

Mike Brown, Carlesimo, D'Antoni, Adelman, don't teams know what they're getting with these guys by now? Van Gundy hasn't won a playoff series since the 90's and is a hot commodity all of a sudden.

N23
05-05-2013, 02:36 PM
nets would be looking juicy with a line up of Lillard/Favors/Kanter..This year they would have probably been an 8th seed but next year I could see them moving up into the upper half + no ****ty contracts in Williams/Wallace

Backus21
05-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Lol Deron got hall of famer Jerry Sloan to "resign" so there isn't any surprise that he could get Johnson and PJ fired. I hope JVG doesn't go there though, I'd miss him too much as a commentator.

Masstastic
05-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Why is it that the NBA just retreads the same coaches over and over again? There aren't some young assistant coaches waiting in the wings that could be the next big thing?

Mike Brown, Carlesimo, D'Antoni, Adelman, don't teams know what they're getting with these guys by now? Van Gundy hasn't won a playoff series since the 90's and is a hot commodity all of a sudden.

Exactly.

They hire these guys over and over again.

When a young assistant has success then they end up in that group once they get fired, I mean seriously when Scott Brooks gets fired he'll get 2-3 more different coaching jobs post-OKC.

For **** sakes Flip Saunders coached the Wizards into one of the worst teams in basketball, sits out 1 year, and is now making $8 Million per year as President of the Minnesota T'Wolves. It doesn't make sense at all.

BabyDaddy91
05-05-2013, 03:09 PM
^^
Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Parker, D-Rose, THEN Deron

chlaxman
05-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Exactly.

They hire these guys over and over again.

When a young assistant has success then they end up in that group once they get fired, I mean seriously when Scott Brooks gets fired he'll get 2-3 more different coaching jobs post-OKC.

For **** sakes Flip Saunders coached the Wizards into one of the worst teams in basketball, sits out 1 year, and is now making $8 Million per year as President of the Minnesota T'Wolves. It doesn't make sense at all.

I really don't get it. BRB Mike Brown rides Lebron to "success", gets raped by Lakers, rehired by Cavs.
BRB Dunleavy...seriously what the phuck

At least SVG had a decent system set up, and now no one wants him.

jross2021
05-05-2013, 03:24 PM
People have labeled him a top 2 pg.

Rose
Rondo
Paul
Westbrook
Parker

Etc...

Masstastic
05-05-2013, 03:25 PM
I really don't get it. BRB Mike Brown rides Lebron to "success", gets raped by Lakers, rehired by Cavs.
BRB Dunleavy...seriously what the phuck

At least SVG had a decent system set up, and now no one wants him.
Sad part is you know how it ends all the time.

Mike Brown will ride Kyrie to lesser "success" (7th seed) and he's going to either bolt in Year 3 of Brown being there or Brown gets fired. Its a Lose-Lose situation. Why not just go get a young assistant to grow with a young team?

Or a team like the Blazers with Terry Stotts. You just know he's gonna get fired again, for the 3rd time.

chlaxman
05-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Rose
Rondo
Paul
Westbrook
Parker

Etc...

Curry

Irving
Conley

jross2021
05-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Curry

Irving
Conley

Lowry

Dwill is bottom top 10 pg lol

chlaxman
05-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Sad part is you know how it ends all the time.

Mike Brown will ride Kyrie to lesser "success" (7th seed) and he's going to either bolt in Year 3 of Brown being there or Brown gets fired. Its a Lose-Lose situation. Why not just go get a young assistant to grow with a young team?

Or a team like the Blazers with Terry Stotts. You just know he's gonna get fired again, for the 3rd time.

I know. I think NBA GMs do it to save their jobs. They don't have to take a chance and be held accountable for a bad coaching hire. Can always fall back on "Well he had NBA experience..." arguments.

chlaxman
05-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Lowry

Dwill is bottom top 10 pg lol

Jose Calderon...?
Nash?

Chalmers?

jross2021
05-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Jose Calderon...?
Nash?

Chalmers?

Dragic
Nelson

Vaszquez?

chlaxman
05-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Dragic
Nelson

Vaszquez?

Lin?

OK combobreaker...

RoseBulls
05-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Dragic
Nelson

Vaszquez?
George Hill
Rubio

Bledsoe?

jross2021
05-05-2013, 03:48 PM
George Hill
Rubio

Bledsoe?

Jennings
Holiday

Thomas?

sups31
05-05-2013, 03:49 PM
they'll get nate mcmillan, book it.

chlaxman
05-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Jennings
Holiday

Thomas?

Don't put Jennings on that list. He's a trash garbage chucker.

Can't believe I forgot Holliday though.

homicidal_misc
05-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Don't put Jennings on that list. He's a trash garbage chucker.

Can't believe I forgot Holliday though.
Nate Robinson

CyberSheriff
05-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Would love to have Deron in blue and orange like the original plan.

HoustonMiscer
05-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Where do you want him to go? Knicks are set with Woodson I think

He should stay where he is. He just looked so miserable when he was coaching. He had that fuk everything look on his face.

Masstastic
05-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Would love to have Deron in blue and orange like the original plan.

There was no original plan for him to end up in New York. It was CP3.

Masstastic
05-06-2013, 06:49 AM
they'll get nate mcmillan, book it.

Nate is going to Charlotte.

Gotta try his luck with a "young team" badly in need of direction.

An 8th seed would get him Coach of the Year, and anything more gets a statue for him outside the arena.

monsterBEN
05-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Coaching changes on mediocre teams are a classic way for GM's to deflect blame.

Larry Brown is regarded as one of the greatest coaches of all time.... 1 ring. 1 college champ. 35+ years of coaching.

Hire coach because of his experience and coaching style.... didn't win.... must be wrong coaching style. Blame him, not the person that hired him.

lsiberian
05-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Some of you are getting retarded with these lists. D Will is definitely a great PG. I know the Nets want Phil. I'd bring in Brian Shaw and let Phil run the front office. Kinda like Riles is doing in Miami.

Carbonfibre
05-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Nets need to get Dwight Howard

then hire

Stan Van Gundy

let the fireworks begin

AndrettiFamily
05-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Some of you are getting retarded with these lists. D Will is definitely a great PG. I know the Nets want Phil. I'd bring in Brian Shaw and let Phil run the front office. Kinda like Riles is doing in Miami.

Finally some common sense. D-Will is a top 5 point guard because we Must take durability and consistency into account. PJ was a chitty coach. Sports miscers just make blanket statements based on whats fresh In their mind. D-Will just got eliminated so now they're gonna bash him, bet you'll be on his nuts next year though