PDA

View Full Version : So no thread on the T'Wolves firing David Kahn?

Masstastic
05-03-2013, 03:46 AM
He could never shake that 2009 NBA Draft or any other move for that matter. This idiot actually traveled to Spain to see Rubio and convince him to leave then.

Possibly the worst GM in NBA history.

No, he did not draft Love or Pekovic.

Drafting Wesley Johnson #4 over Cousins is still one of the dumbest things Ive ever seen watching the NBA Draft.

PureCardio
05-03-2013, 04:48 AM
I think there are like three Wolves fans on here. There's nothing really to say except for we are glad that phaggot is gone.

AirCanada
05-03-2013, 04:56 AM
Possibly the worst GM in NBA history.

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/1b17af80ded13382d32e38945bf14ff8/1212%20-%20gif%20mark_henry%20wwe.gif

He wasn't even the worst GM in the league.

Shall we look at what Bryan Colangelo inherited when he came to the Raptors?

- An All-Star 22/9 PF on his rookie deal.
- An All-Rookie 1st teamer.
- The 1st overall pick in the upcoming draft.
- $15 million in cap space.

Here we are 7 years later and we've seen him

- Draft Bargnani with that #1 selection
- Refuse to legitimately build around Bosh, instead forcing the Bosh/Bargnani pairing
- Traded Jermaine O' Neal to the Heat so they'd have enough expiring salary in 2010 which they used to sign Bosh away from us.
- Drafted Terrence Ross over Andre Drummond when the entire fan base wanted Drummond
- Gave Jason fukking Kapono 5.7 mill a year, Landry Fields 6 mill a year, Kleiza 4.5 million per year, Bargnani 11 million a year, Jose Calderon 10 million a year
- Makes idiotic trades and then has to give up more assets to try and fix it
- Hired Dwane Casey
- Hasn't fired Dwane Casey

Edit: Just found what I posted in the Misc Draft Thread 2012 after Sacramento picked Thomas Robinson

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146056563&p=907343393&viewfull=1#post907343393

YES This means the Raps get either Drummond, Barnes or Lillard. My body is so ready. Don't fck this up BC.

Edit 2: Wow, I was a fukking wizard on the picks before the Raptors.

Nope, Kings get their guy Robinson, Portland takes Lillard, Golden State has to pick between Barnes/Drummond, and as a Raps fan, I'm phucking ecstatic with the leftover, compared to thinking we were getting Jeremy fcking Lamb a week ago.

MCrow
05-03-2013, 06:45 AM
Sadly, McFail was worse.

I think that the roster is actually a lot better than when he took over. They went from almost not talent outside of Love with no free cash to have, Love, Pek, Ruibio, Budinger, Barea, AK-47, and Shved plus money to sign someone.

Roy was a bad signing, Wes was a mistake, and Flynn was a mistake.

If Khan makes what people think at the time were the best moves the Wolves could be rolling with:

PG- Rubio
SG- DeRozan
SF- AK-47
PF- Love
C- Pek
Might like Curry over Rubio but at the time most people liked Rubio at that spot.

Would be pretty solid, but I don't see Cousins being an upgrade at C or PF so not sure that was a huge deal though perhaps Wes wasn't a good pick but looking at that draft not many were.

Not saying Khan didn't deserve to lose the job but he wasn't near as bad as the national media makes it out to be. The two big reasons he deserved it was he didn't get along with/manage Love very well (love phucking hates Khan) , the Roy deal and the fact that practically nobody in the NBA seemed to like him because he's strange as phuck and says some really stupid shat.

I likfe Flip as the new prez, more of a basketball guy for sure and well liked/respected in the NBA and locally he's sort of a local hero even not being from MN origionally. I think he'll make for a good prez.

MCrow
05-03-2013, 07:49 AM
Interesting tidbits from a Khan interview today:

#1- Love needs to earn back the respect of team mates.

#2- Not giving Love a max deal was the owner's direction.

#3- All the Wolves scouts loved Flynn, Khan was out of the NBA and at the time hired had little time to scout (too close to draft)himself so he had to rely on the scouts.

#4- 2010 draft they wanted to move up to get Favors but didn't work out. Had a deal to move down to #10 in a trade with the Pacers that included Granger, but it didn't workout.

#5- Curry wouldn't come to MN for a pre-draft visit which factored into not drafting him.

#6- When he got here the organization didn't have any sort of prospect database....lol.