PDA

View Full Version : What supplements should a first timer take?

tohno
04-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Hi all

i am pretty serious about getting my first supplement , i've been working out for 5 weeks now with some progress , i consulted some of my bodybuilding friends and they all says i should take some supplements since i have difficulty gaining weight and hey it's natural !

so what product should i get ?

i went to my closest GNC center and they cost about RM 250 + ( USD 82) which is pretty expensive the brand is BSN , muscle tech ,etc ...

AJL1
04-30-2013, 12:41 AM
You are 17, you don't need any. Especially considering you have only been working out for 5 weeks.

Focus on training and nutrition.

Chronic23
04-30-2013, 12:47 AM
Just stick to food

OptimumBody
04-30-2013, 03:44 AM
Hi all

i am pretty serious about getting my first supplement , i've been working out for 5 weeks now with some progress , i consulted some of my bodybuilding friends and they all says i should take some supplements since i have difficulty gaining weight and hey it's natural !

i went to my closest GNC center and they cost about RM 250 + ( USD 82) which is pretty expensive the brand is BSN , muscle tech ,etc ...

Try to get a maximum of your daily required nutrients needs from food. Supplement as required to meet your daily nutrient needs.
A protein supplement may be helpful to you, but if you want fast mass gains, you need excess calories. Excess calorie intake can be done by eating a lot of calorie-rich foods and using a weight gainer.

Valhallabound86
04-30-2013, 04:41 AM
Hi all

A. Don't go to GNC. Overpriced.
B. Get your advise from someone who's actually in the field (strength coach, nutritionist, etc.) and do your own personal research rather than relying on word of mouth information.
C. Your difficulty gaining weight is a diet issue, not a supplement issue.

bodybuilder03
04-30-2013, 05:34 AM
At 17 years old and only 5 weeks of training under your belt, you are definitely not ready for really any supplements at this point. You need to be putting your time and energy into learning your body, diet structure and proper training..this is where your best gains will come from. I would say at the most pick up some whey protein and a multi but that would be about it until you get a little more time in.