PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my diet?

Underclass6105
04-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Hey everyone, I have some questions/concerns for my diet. Typically, my diet is the following:
Protein shake, then eggs for breakfast
Walnuts or peanuts for a mid-morning snack
Turkey sandwich on whole grain skinnies (thin bun type bread) with an orange
chicken and some kind of veggie and fruit after school
protein shake with a banana or apple for pre-workout
postworkout is a protein shake and lowfat choc. milk for revocery
my last solid meal is either chicken with a veggie or greek yogurt with strawberries

Some of these can vary, sometimes i eat turkey burgers or avacodos when i can get them, but all my foods are clean and whole foods. My "cheat" meals if i have any is only once a week and still tend to be healthy somewhat, like protein pancakes or chinese food (not a buffet, a real sit down resturant) which i always get a beef meal and dont eat any rice. The only things i drink are coffee (very little sugar free creamer) un sweetened tea, water or crystal lite. Vitamins in the morning and night

My workout is 5 days a week

M/W/F- 5-10min jump rope, 10min ab routine, Everlast Boxing Workout (12min total), 10minutes of regular bagwork, 10 minutes shadow box(w/2.5 or 5lb weights), then about 10minutes of sprints

T- Upperbody, i do plyometrics, 15min of speed bag and weight lifting
Th- Lowerbody, plyometrics, speedbag and weight lifting

What i wanted to do to lose some fat was take out all the fruit except a banana in the evening and my sandwich bread at lunch, but to make up for that eat a small amount of nuts or other healthy fats in place of where my carbs used to be. My concern is that because im only 17 i wont be getting enough. What do you think? My goal isnt to be massive, as it wouldnt help for my Boxing. I simply want to drop to about 9% BF, from 11.4, then bulk up to about 155-160lbs so that im not huge, but still fairly toned. I don't want to look stocky as i'm only 5'8"

M/W/F-

WonderPug
04-29-2013, 02:26 PM
all my foods are clean and whole foods. FYI: You're eating processed fast food (protein shakes) at least 3 times per day.

Your first step: learn the most basic aspects of nutrition by reading the relevant stickies at the top of the nutrition forum.

OT: As is almost invariably the case, yet again some who uses the silly metaphor "clean" foods lacks even the most basic understanding of nutrition.

cumminslifter
04-29-2013, 03:09 PM
What i wanted to do to lose some fat was take out all the fruit except a banana in the evening and my sandwich bread at lunch, but to make up for that eat a small amount of nuts or other healthy fats in place of where my carbs used to beexcuse me? what

tonzoffun
04-29-2013, 03:17 PM
1) read this thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981 and check other stickies

2) find out what your tdee is ( here is a link to one of many) http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

3) get a digital food scale

4) weigh your food

good luck