PDA

View Full Version : ITT: we share the most crucial change we've made to finally see fat coming off

shotgun85
04-29-2013, 03:24 AM
Hey guys! Especially to the experienced cutters, who've been successfull on their cuts. What is the ONE tip you would give another person that helped you the most with weightloss?

EXCEPT (count macros - that one is obvious)

But what was the best adjustion / tweak u've made?

libtolu
04-29-2013, 03:54 AM
Eat less calories

IgboMeso
04-29-2013, 03:55 AM
Measuring my waist. That was the bombshell. Because sometimes you can get leaner but your weight remains the same.

Divall213
04-29-2013, 04:00 AM
Instead of just having a deficit

Had a deficit using intermitten fasting which makes it so much easier to track and hit macros.

Definitely helped recommend it

Znik
04-29-2013, 04:21 AM
If not going the line of macros and counting calories etc. it would have to be: Avoid liquid calories and stay low carbs. Focus on lean meat.
Would be my "one" advice if it was some clueless person that does not want to count them macros or calories, virtually impossible for most people to overeat on lean meat and veggies.

For a successful weight loss people will need to learn about nutrition and calories, dropping the weight is easy with willpower, keeping it off when most people stop their "diet" is the real challenge.

mediumraw
04-29-2013, 08:49 AM
If not going the line of macros and counting calories etc. it would have to be: Avoid liquid calories and stay low carbs. Focus on lean meat..

This - I know carbs are good for you, give you energy, etc. But my progress stagnates when I eat too many carbs.

n0useforaname
04-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Not using a scale.. but using calipers every two weeks.

vismal
04-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Besides counting and weighing the most important thing people can do to have success with fat loss is to: Acquire Willpower!

RBZen
04-29-2013, 11:15 AM
My best advice would be to just go to the gym. Keep at it for a few months and you will surprise yourself. Everything will follow.

Bliz19
04-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Honestly, to quit obsessing. If you have a bad day or bad weekend. Oh well that's life get back on the horse and continue as you were. Too many people turn a bad day into a bad week, etc. Very easy to do if you get to upset over a misstep. Secondly weight loss is not linear and if you go by the scale strictly you will get frustrated from time to time. If you know you are doing everything mostly right then stay the course and results will come sooner or later.

undercons
04-29-2013, 12:11 PM
water instead of any soda or fruit juice.

Znik
04-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Besides counting and weighing the most important thing people can do to have success with fat loss is to: Acquire Willpower!

That is so true, willpower plays a huge factor. Everyone can lose weight, even on a crazy fad diet etc. but without willpower they wont make it, especially since in today's society we got temptations everywhere.

Serpentarius
04-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Stop "eating clean"

losing fat is easy for me though, its been effortless, i just cope with the hunger easily so im more successful. Never stalled or anything, ever.

shotgun85
04-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Measuring my waist. That was the bombshell. Because sometimes you can get leaner but your weight remains the same.

seems pretty reasonable