PDA

View Full Version : Seriously addicted to peanut butter?

Williams1991
04-29-2013, 03:03 AM
Just wondering how many of you out their have this problem too? I am seriously addicted to this stuff..

I eat this stuff like a maniac. Usually i try and limit myself to four tablespoons per day but end up eating more and the next thing i know almost the entire jar has gone and im like S***!

Really need to get some self control with this, Its the only thing i have problem binging on.

JasonH16
04-29-2013, 03:05 AM
I'm with you. I am addicted to it but I am able to fit it into my macros.

AlwaysTryin
04-29-2013, 03:07 AM
Just wondering how many of you out their have this problem too? I am seriously addicted to this stuff..

I eat this stuff like a maniac. Usually i try and limit myself to four tablespoons per day but end up eating more and the next thing i know almost the entire jar has gone and im like S***!

Really need to get some self control with this, Its the only thing i have problem binging on.

So don't buy any

stranger01j
04-29-2013, 03:10 AM

same here. 3 days ago I downed a whole jar in less than 10 minutes. There's only 2 things you can do: Either get some serious self control if can't go a day without it, or just don't buy that stuff (maybe every month or so). If you consistently can't control yourself don't listen to those who will tell you to fit it in your macros. Not that they are wrong, it's just that some people can't.

DjOnEChuck
04-29-2013, 03:15 AM
I have the same problem. Now I'm getting better at self control and what I do is when I want to have some, I take it out of the pantry, mesure what I want and put it back straight in the pantry and move to something else. It worked, I don't overeat it now.

lovingit
04-29-2013, 04:02 AM
Stop buying it.

xaurax
04-29-2013, 04:08 AM
I highly recommend PB2.

necon76
04-29-2013, 04:09 AM
Start smoking crack. Then you'll see how sad an 'addiction' to peanut butters seems in comparison.

Or you know, maybe get some willpower.

BigRees
04-29-2013, 04:10 AM
I go through phases of it. Like sometimes I could down half a jar in a day, and then nek minit I can hardly take more than a tablespoon.
Good chit though, nectar from the gods.

Obscene
04-29-2013, 04:18 AM
Got 15+ jars in my kitchen waiting for when I bulk. Can't. Wait.

ryan2512
04-29-2013, 04:18 AM
Checkin in for this. At least 3 jars a week! Most addictive food on this planet IMO

moosedahgoose
04-29-2013, 04:24 AM
Do not purchase it.

If you wake up at 2 AM, head to your local grocery store, purchase two jars and then proceed to ravish them and weep as Ashlee Simpson's Pieces of Me pierces your soul - you might have a real problem.

If not, you lack discipline.

KobiDC
04-29-2013, 04:31 AM
Peanut butter just causes me to binge... hence why I don't have it in my household. Luckily my sisters and parents don't like the stuff either. Use your willpower, or just don't buy it. :)

elias1877
04-29-2013, 06:32 AM

at 6'2 and 162lbs i would recommend eating as much of it as you want.

mediumraw
04-29-2013, 06:38 AM
Yeah, that's why I don't buy it.

phoxyphysique
04-29-2013, 06:44 AM

I smash Adams pb like no ones businesssssss! I love ittt! Only thing that satisfies my cravings for sweets lol! But I am slowly cutting my extra scoops out i kinda went haywire this weekend lol

sixpoint
04-29-2013, 06:48 AM
Addicted to almond butter.
I have to constantly remind myself that it's not dip for crackers.

kenny85
04-29-2013, 06:52 AM
same here. 3 days ago I downed a whole jar in less than 10 minutes. There's only 2 things you can do: Either get some serious self control if can't go a day without it, or just don't buy that stuff (maybe every month or so). If you consistently can't control yourself don't listen to those who will tell you to fit it in your macros. Not that they are wrong, it's just that some people can't.

A whole jar?? Da fuk?

kenny85
04-29-2013, 06:54 AM
Every night I eat 3 or 4 scoops of it with a glass of milk. Dats sum good chit

TommyGun1988
04-29-2013, 07:13 AM
Been putting it in my oats with some dark chocolate. Its like a snickers style porridge. Mmmm

H2GYM
04-29-2013, 07:19 AM
Been putting it in my oats with some dark chocolate. Its like a snickers style porridge. Mmmmthis guys got sense

TommyGun1988
04-29-2013, 07:30 AM
this guys got sense

Haha yeah man fuels me for my workout 700 odd cals aswell. Ideal for bulking

aWellDressedApe
04-29-2013, 07:33 AM
yea, i've realized my addiction and dont buy it anymore. i killed a costco 2 pack of skippy in less than 2 weeks, those jars are pretty fukin big. i just eat it out of the jar most times.

beams75
04-29-2013, 08:34 AM

i felt this way when i was bulimic. srs.

muscleshakes
04-29-2013, 09:04 AM

Really need to get some self control with this, Its the only thing i have problem binging on. so what keep eating it the sugar aint gonna hurt you. Im addicted to it too eating spoon fulls now

APipeDream
04-29-2013, 09:37 AM
Addicted to almond butter.
I have to constantly remind myself that it's not dip for crackers.

Wait, what? It's not?

APipeDream
04-29-2013, 09:40 AM

Your weight suggests you should eat as much as you want. And 4 tablespoons a day is laughable to many in this forum, including myself. I easily consume 10-15 tablespoons a day of nut and seed butters (peanut, almond, cashew, sunflower seed, etc.). Great fat source and calorie dense. If you have a real problem binging on it though, I would simply agree with the others on here and say "don't buy it then".

aja5040
04-29-2013, 09:53 AM
I love it, but its something I can easily live without. Right now its hard to fit into my cut so I usually don't have it. Will be all over it again when I start bulking though.

Peter Pan Creamy Honey Roast is about the only kind I eat.

What I like to do is make a 3 layer pb sandwhich. That extra piece of bread and pb goes a long way. Anyone else make a sandwhich like that?

APipeDream
04-29-2013, 09:58 AM
I love it, but its something I can easily live without. Right now its hard to fit into my cut so I usually don't have it. Will be all over it again when I start bulking though.

Peter Pan Creamy Honey Roast is about the only kind I eat.

What I like to do is make a 3 layer pb sandwhich. That extra piece of bread and pb goes a long way. Anyone else make a sandwhich like that?

Occassionally a 3 layer when I'm short on carbs and fat for the day. Generally though, at LEAST 1 sandwich a day of 2 toasted slices, 1 banana, 2 T PB, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 T honey. Like a dessert...

jubjubrsx
04-29-2013, 10:18 AM
get some PB2 stuff is so good, and hardly any calories...

SaganX
04-29-2013, 10:25 AM
If I keep it in my house, I eat a tbsp every other day. That way I don't get any crazy cravings for it.

If you can't do that, don't keep it around.

Blacklac
04-29-2013, 10:47 AM
How can you guys "just happen" to eat an extra ~2500 calories?! lol (The ones that say they kill a jar at a time)

McWinning
04-29-2013, 03:19 PM
white chocolate peanut butter
dark chocolate peanut butter

peanut butter n co anyone?