Lin: $8,374,646

Beverley: $281,376

Sense: None.

eljobber
04-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Lin: $8,374,646

Beverley: $281,376

Sense: None.

They tried to troll NYK and all they did was troll themselves.

sdballer5588
04-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Beverley plays one half of a good game and you are up in arms.

Strong fans ITT

gotrice33
04-24-2013, 09:52 PM
lol if you really believe this

dankydank
04-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Lin has been exposed as a real phaggot since leaving NY
blames everybody but himself

Beverly is tough and a good defensive player
good explosion to the rim and has a good enough jumper
Lin should be traded to Toronto where the huge asian population will bring him lots of revenue

sdballer5588
04-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Lin has been exposed as a real phaggot since leaving NY
blames everybody but himself

Beverly is tough and a good defensive player
good explosion to the rim and has a good enough jumper
Lin should be traded to Toronto where the huge asian population will bring him lots of revenue

Wait what?

FGCHENG
04-24-2013, 10:07 PM
strong sample size

ARpump
04-24-2013, 10:09 PM
strong sample size

Kobe▐ Lakers▐ D-Rose▐ Rockets▐ Chargers

HTownOlajuwon
04-24-2013, 10:11 PM
always a good idea to use a 1-2 game sample size.

Bev is a beast, but Lin is good too. Of course, Lin only gets recognized when he plays bad now.

AhDo
04-24-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm not going to lie, Lin has been terrible in the playoffs. He was doing slightly better than Felton in the regular season though (srs).

13.4 pts, 6.1 asts, 1.6 stl, 2.9 TO on 44% shooting in 32.2 mins

while Felton had:

13.9 pts, 5.5 ast, 1.4 stl, 2.3 TO on 42.7% shooting in 34 mins

They're about even except Felton had a much better team so his stats are slightly inflated. Lin can only get better and Felton can only get worse from here on out

mc-girk
04-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Sample size seems big enough

The real question being, is he a max contract guy, from what I've seen...100%

Masstastic
04-24-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm not going to lie, Lin has been terrible in the playoffs. He was doing slightly better than Felton in the regular season though (srs).

13.4 pts, 6.1 asts, 1.6 stl, 2.9 TO on 44% shooting in 32.2 mins

while Felton had:

13.9 pts, 5.5 ast, 1.4 stl, 2.3 TO on 42.7% shooting in 34 mins

They're about even except Felton had a much better team so his stats are slightly inflated.

What? How about the fact the Knicks played all season with 2 PG's starting in the backcourt?

Or that the guy that they signed Felton to run the pick & roll with missed 60 games?

sdballer5588
04-24-2013, 10:24 PM
What? How about the fact the Knicks played all season with 2 PG's starting in the backcourt?

Or that the guy that they signed Felton to run the pick & roll with missed 60 games?

You are secretly a knicks fan. Admit it.

Masstastic
04-24-2013, 10:26 PM
& I can't believe people are getting mad about this thread being made.

Jeremy Lin & Patrick Beverley both were D-Leaguers not too long ago. The whole point of the D-League is for these guys to work their way up and play themselves into a contract and/or a starting job.

Beverley had a good game and he matches up far better defensively on Westbrook than any other Rockets guard.

Masstastic
04-24-2013, 10:30 PM
You are secretly a knicks fan. Admit it.
If the Sacramento Kings didnt exist, I would be.

If the Sacramento Kings dont exist, I WILL be.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/tumblr_lai4k4a9wG1qe0eclo1_500.gif

Masstastic
04-24-2013, 10:33 PM
strong sample size

Lin used 15 games to get himself $25 Million + $5-10 Million in endorsements.

Cant have it both ways.

Both Lin & Beverley can play, you have to seize your opportunity however you can get it.

Spill512
04-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Probably, but they both suck. Beverley is a beast on defense and rebounding though.

sdballer5588
04-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Lin used 15 games to get himself $25 Million + $5-10 Million in endorsements.

Cant have it both ways.

Both Lin & Beverley can play, you have to seize your opportunity however you can get it.

No one is saying otherwise. But Lin also put together an entire season as good as Raymond Feltons.

Maaaaaaybe we don't jump the gun here. Also comparing lins averges of 28 8 and 5 over that stretch to Beverly dropping 12 and 12 might not be the worlds best comparison ever.

AhDo
04-24-2013, 10:36 PM

I don't watch Knicks or Houston games but judging by numbers and the little I've watched, Lin had the better regular season. You can't deny that even without Stoudemire, Felton had a supporting cast 10X better than what Lin had. On the 2 PG's comment, whenever I watched the Rockets on offense, Lin would pass it to Harden and let Harden play point/do iso plays. Harden doesn't mesh well with Lin and they both seem to be competing for the ball instead of working together.

sdballer5588
04-24-2013, 10:38 PM
Also, AhDo has a point. The Houston backcourt was HARDLY better to operate in than New Yorks.

The whole dueling banjo thing of link and harden didn't click until like 45 games in.

HTownOlajuwon
04-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Lin and Bev play well together. It's not Lin or Bev, it's Lin AND Bev.

Bev is another version of Eric Bledsoe which is great to have if you are Houston.

lol at Felton being better than Lin, in your dream Knicks fans. Felton is worth more for his money though, but if you take away finances out of the equation, the Knicks are the idiots since they gave up the better player.

Masstastic
04-24-2013, 10:45 PM
I don't watch Knicks or Houston games but judging by numbers and the little I've watched, Lin had the better regular season. You can't deny that even without Stoudemire, Felton had a supporting cast 10X better than what Lin had. On the 2 PG's comment, whenever I watched the Rockets on offense, Lin would pass it to Harden and let Harden play point/do iso plays. Harden doesn't mesh well with Lin and they both seem to be competing for the ball instead of working together.

True enough, but Houston played at the fastest pace of any NBA team which is mainly why I didnt understand you saying it was Felton whose numbers were inflated. He had a better supporting cast but also had 3 players on the floor with him to take the ball out his hands most of the season. On the flipside, everybody on that Rockets team put up inflated stats because of how they play. Espescially Harden.

HTownOlajuwon
04-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Harden doesn't mesh well with Lin and they both seem to be competing for the ball instead of working together.
It has nothing to do with Harden being unable to play with Lin. It's that Mchale hasn't done a good job making an offense and making those two co-exist.

People want to say Lin isn't being used right. I don't think Harden is being used right either.

Spill512
04-24-2013, 10:48 PM
It has nothing to do with Harden being unable to play with Lin. It's that Mchale hasn't done a good job making an offense and making those two co-exist.

Don't Rockets score like the most points out of any team in the nba?

HTownOlajuwon
04-24-2013, 10:55 PM
Don't Rockets score like the most points out of any team in the nba?
They're #2, but that's because they have amazing 3 point shooters off the bench. Plus, if you adjust it per pace, per 100 possessions, they are only 6th in offense.

Regardless, Harden could be used more properly. I think some bad games of his are due to fatigue as Mchale overutilizes him to death. They should make him play off the ball more and make him run around screens, Manu Ginobili-lite.

sdballer5588
04-24-2013, 10:58 PM
Hardens playstyle is far too reliant on getting calls. Reminiscent of old dwyane wade, just worse.

Masstastic
04-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Lin and Bev play well together. It's not Lin or Bev, it's Lin AND Bev.

Bev is another version of Eric Bledsoe which is great to have if you are Houston.

lol at Felton being better than Lin, in your dream Knicks fans. Felton is worth more for his money though, but if you take away finances out of the equation, the Knicks are the idiots since they gave up the better player.
We're taking 1 1/3 of Jeremy Lin's career over Felton? Seriously?

There is absolutely nothing so far in his career beyond "Linsanity" that shows Lin is the superior player. If anything to be fair to Lin I'd say its close but the nod still goes to Felton. They both are in the same tier of non-star PG's sub 15-22 range. Felton just has proven he can last longer regardless of any other factors around him, hes consistent as a player despite his stupid shot selection off the dribble at times. He started for Larry Brown a season and started for D'Antoni the next. That consistency counts for something.

Masstastic
04-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Hardens playstyle is far too reliant on getting calls. Reminiscent of old dwyane wade, just worse.

Yep. Its terrible to watch.

He knowingly attacks the basket with 0 intention of his shot going in half the time.

Id be impressed if he was 6'5 175lbs doing that bull**** but hes damn near 230lbs or more and he has to sell that the attempt at the rip was soooo impactful to the refs.

waisoserious
04-24-2013, 11:16 PM

There is absolutely nothing so far in his career beyond "Linsanity" that shows Lin is the superior player. If anything to be fair to Lin I'd say its close but the nod still goes to Felton. They both are in the same tier of non-star PG's sub 15-22 range. Felton just has proven he can last longer regardless of any other factors around him, hes consistent as a player despite his stupid shot selection off the dribble at times. He started for Larry Brown a season and started for D'Antoni the next. That consistency counts for something.

didnt felton miss like half the season with a broken hand? id say their durability is about the same. atleast lin has shown that he can stay in the game after taking headbutts, kicks to the rib, elbows to the face. im not saying felton couldnt, but lin hasnt proven to be any less durable than felton.

Masstastic
04-24-2013, 11:21 PM
didnt felton miss like half the season with a broken hand? id say their durability is about the same. atleast lin has shown that he can stay in the game after taking headbutts, kicks to the rib, elbows to the face. im not saying felton couldnt, but lin hasnt proven to be any less durable than felton.

Yeah he missed almost a month.

Unr1valed
04-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Lin's not too bad, obviously he couldn't keep up the HOF statline he put up during Linsanity but he's not bad when he plays well. The only problem with him is that he's really erratic, he hardly ever performs at his season averages (outperforms/underperforms his season averages moreso than other players paid his salary)

That being said, still a big fan of him, the kid's really humble and hard-working and I hope he gets back into the swing of things and makes some noise during this first round.

HTownOlajuwon
04-24-2013, 11:48 PM

What actually backs up Felton being the better player? Lin puts up better numbers.

FYI, Lin averages 20/8 when Harden doesn't play.

And how is he consistent? The guy was like the worst player in the league last season, hence why every Blazers fan hates him.

waisoserious
04-25-2013, 12:01 AM
What actually backs up Felton being the better player? Lin puts up better numbers.

And how is he consistent? The guy was like the worst player in the league last season, hence why every Blazers fan hates him.

masstastic is the biggest JLin hater on the board. he will always hate on him. no need to try to convince him otherwise

HTownOlajuwon
04-25-2013, 12:03 AM
masstastic is the biggest JLin hater on the board. he will always hate on him. no need to try to convince him otherwiseI simply just know some as a Melo lover.

StephenCurry
04-25-2013, 02:28 AM
One good game doesn't make Beverly > Lin.

Lin will have a much much better career than Beverly. Won't be close.

Serious.

StephenCurry
04-25-2013, 02:29 AM

If we're talking about choices for certain teams in last year's free agency (PHX, HOU, NY) it goes like this:

Dragic > Lin > Felton

That's how their careers will end up.

HTownOlajuwon
04-25-2013, 09:10 AM
If we're talking about choices for certain teams in last year's free agency (PHX, HOU, NY) it goes like this:

Dragic > Lin > Felton

That's how their careers will end up.
I personally think Lin is better than Dragic. I think Lin is at his best option when he has Dragic's role, full-time ball-handler/facilitator which isn't the case in Houston.

Lin has the highest upside, Felton has the lowest.

FGCHENG
04-25-2013, 09:23 AM
I wish Royce White was playing for the Rockets

HoustonMiscer
04-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Beverly is a good energy guy off the bench. Lin needs to get his chit together, can't turn it over as much as they have been especially against the Thunder. As far as Asik goes, he is inept offensively so this is what you're gonna get so all I ask of him as to attack the glass and man the paint.

miamigoon
04-25-2013, 10:54 AM
http://www.nba.com/heat/sites/heat/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/migrated/photos/hpg1011_beverley1_mediaday_101014.jpg

Can't believe we cut this kid. Yet hold on to Juwan Howard.

SMDH.