PDA

View Full Version : Eating out lunch ideas?

mrshinsa
04-22-2013, 02:52 PM
I lift weights little over an hour on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
I consume one scoop of 100% gold standard whey before and one scoop after.

For cardio, I ride my bike to work 15 miles every day, 20 mile hard intervals on Tuesday and Thursday and 40~50 mile ride on Saturday, totaling around 100 miles per week.
I'm Asian, so unfortunately white rice is staple in my diet, at least during dinner time.

My dilemma is during lunch, where I've always eaten a foot long subway with chicken breast on wheat, no cheese, no mayo, and no dressings.
I've been eating this over a month mainly because it's the only healthy fast food I can think of, but now I'm getting kind of sick of it.
Any ideas for lunch time eats?

My goal is to bring my body fat percentage from 15% to the low tens so that I can have a beach body abs.

OfficerJimLahey
04-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Something that will fit into your calorie and macronutrient goals for dropping body fat. Think about your micros too while you're at it.

KobiDC
04-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Eat the food you feel like for lunch?

You should know that individual food choices hold little sway over your body composition... it's net energy balance and macronutrient and micronutrient intake that matters.

gbullock32
04-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Get the meatball foot long with extra provolone? That's what I love from Subway... but as said, eat whatever you want if it fits your macro needs.

softpounder
04-22-2013, 04:02 PM
I lift weights little over an hour on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
I consume one scoop of 100% gold standard whey before and one scoop after.

For cardio, I ride my bike to work 15 miles every day, 20 mile hard intervals on Tuesday and Thursday and 40~50 mile ride on Saturday, totaling around 100 miles per week.
I'm Asian, so unfortunately white rice is staple in my diet, at least during dinner time.

My dilemma is during lunch, where I've always eaten a foot long subway with chicken breast on wheat, no cheese, no mayo, and no dressings.
I've been eating this over a month mainly because it's the only healthy fast food I can think of, but now I'm getting kind of sick of it.
Any ideas for lunch time eats?

My goal is to bring my body fat percentage from 15% to the low tens so that I can have a beach body abs.

Asian brother, nothing wrong with White Rice. White Rice is actually a top choice of carbohydrate source in terms of cost efficiency.

And why would you suffer from eating a 12 inch sammich with only chicken breast? I would commit suicide if that was my choice of meal every day.

Why not add some dressing, cheese, and some veggies on that? As long as you fit those ingredients into your daily intake without exceeding your caloric goal, you should be good.

PS: Fried rice, roast beef homemade sammich, and chicken pita are my fav go-to lunch choices.

digistp
04-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Eating out lunch ideas?
A luscious female...

Oh you meant food. Hmmm. Grilled cheese?

mrshinsa
04-22-2013, 05:29 PM
I thought cheese was an enemy in terms of body fat.

djsaad1
04-22-2013, 05:29 PM
http://www.nutritionix.com/restaurants

bambam601
04-22-2013, 05:33 PM

oh wow.
please look over the stickies posted at the top of the nutrition forums.
they should help you understand why what you said is just so wrong.

KayPS
04-22-2013, 06:28 PM
A luscious female...

Oh you meant food. Hmmm. Grilled cheese?

Heh. I laughed.

Cheese is your friend. Unless you're lactose intolerant. I which case, it's your enemy.

Seriously though, check out the stickies for more info on proper nutrition, calorie requirements, and macronutrients. Once you read through, you'll wonder why you suffered through those sandwiches for so long.

Good luck to you.

softpounder
04-22-2013, 06:32 PM

Myth debunked. Cheese does have dietary fat, but remember, dietary doesn't make you fat at all, they are essential for our general health. Oneself should eat at least 0.4g fat per bodyweight (lbs) in order to maintain one's wellness in terms of hormones and general health. Only situation where someone would get fat would be to eat more than their maintenance, aka eating at a caloric surplus.

Your knowledge in body composition is lacking, but you won't be without knowledge with our help.

Refer to these as basics;

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/high-fat-diet-healthy-safe/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12566139
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12120421

cumminslifter
04-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Get the meatball foot long with extra provolone? That's what I love from Subway... but as said, eat whatever you want if it fits your macro needs.I just feel in love with you, add mayo and boom! you have my dinner everynight for like 3 years when I was younger